1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 21, 2017.

1. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

yes, but we didn't have all the players signed up that we now have, and we are much more capable of playing two up top ... the Daves and Murphys have been jettisoned, Bamba is long gone, and if we want to go for it then continuing with two holding mids is not the way

think we will start with the usual formation and switch to two up top if the situation requires

just saying ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

If Taylor comes in as LB, then Berardi should should be switched back to RB, which is his favoured and best position. He didn't have his best game against Wolves, doesn't mean he should be dropped.

Bridcutt should be benched to give him a kick up R's.

All season we've been playing with a defensive formation, and apart from a few games, we haven't been playing top notch football; now we dropped out of the top 6 we don't have any choice but to play full on attacking football, and that'll need 2 strikers cos we don't have any recognised attacking mids. Whatever way you look at it, we have to keep up with, and better Fulham, and we can't rely on and hope the teams they play beat'em.

If it was me, I'd bring Antonsson in as striker number 2, he's a busy player, runs around a lot, makes his own space and can leave his man, and he can score goals.

While we may be level on points with Fulham, we have it all to do to overtake'em, they have a superior goal difference, if we draw and Fulham draw we're back to square one. Fulham will be aware we may be favourites to beat Burton.

If ever there was a must win game, away, it's this one. Burton still want to make themselves safe from relegation, Norwich will be a tough game, and if Wigan beat Cardiff they'll be playing to get out the relegation zone. On paper it looks like Reading should beat Forest, but that's only on paper.

Welcome to the pointy end of season......it's squeaky bum, clenched bum cheeks and stomach churning time......:emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Ayling has played well at RB why would we drop him especially as he carries a threat going forward that Beradi doesnt. I agree we do need to be on the front foot from the off if possible.

Antonsson as a second striker, given he hasnt performed well at any point since signing for us, why?
    Cant see us playing 4-4-2 and throwing away a system that has the group over achieving but if we do it would be hernandez and wood or Doukara and wood up top.

Poor cast on your part. You normally do much better. Even wj wont bite with this rubbish.

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ayling is good enough to play in front of the back 4 to give is something different if we go 4 4 2, which gives us a back when required. I should be at Real Madrid <laugh>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  5. Chippy / Glory

We dont need 4-4-2 we just need our midfield to play higher up the pitch with and only one defensive midfielder.
    Expect Dallas and Vieria to start. Dallas to be subbed just after half time if its still 0-0 or earlier if we go behind.
    If Bridcut plays I will question Monks selection. He stops the team playing and is more predictable than Ray Wilkins was. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I used to love Eay Wilkins. He was a cracking midfielder. Was he Jamaican?

7. Chippy / Glory

He was a scum and chelsea cnut. As a result I couldnt bring myself to spell his name correctly.
    My excuse and I am sticking to it.

8. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Play Charlie Taylor on the left in a more advanced position and keep Berardi LB

Taylor would offer more than Dallas both defensively and going forward

9. Eireleeds1

Are you travelling today or how far is Burton?

10. Chippy / Glory

I would rather shaks play than Dallas. But GM get paid to know and he must rate him.

11. Eireleeds1

Hard to see Monk trying new tactics today Forza when hes had 43 games up to now and didnt chance it. Id say, well see familiar lineups till end of our season, whenever that may be

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  12. Chippy / Glory

Burton is about 2 hours but not going.
    Couldnt get a ticket in time,
    Mrs got a new dog on Tuesday and I am enjoying spending some time getting some excercise.
    2 year old male pug (no laughing). Loads of attitude and wants to fight all ither dogs) and pulls like a rhino on its lead.

13. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

ahh the crab ray wilkins.

14. wakeybreakyheart

we only have one striker so how can we play two ?.same as you on this eire it will all depend on who starts and we can only hope they get stuck in.no place for faint hearts down at Burton today.

15. wakeybreakyheart

i just got a picture of you and the dog the resemblance was uncanny.

16. Chippy / Glory

Its hard as nails but doesnt look it. So i know what you meam. <cheers><laugh>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  17. Eireleeds1

I'll bet you called it massimo

ristac likes this.
  18. lifecheshirewhite

upload_2017-4-22_10-21-39.png upload_2017-4-22_10-23-35.png They say you start to look like your dogs

19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  20. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Now that you mention Massimo, it's got me thinking. Whatever happened to that highly organised anti-Cellino machine? TTGM was it they were called? Been a bit quiet of late. Are they saving all their bile & vitriol for Wembley, with their usual impeccable timing? Wouldn't surprise me, they got everything else wrong & suckered in some of the more vulnerable members of the community. :D

And having lit the blue touch-paper, I'm now off to my bed to see if I can finally get some sleep. :emoticon-0113-sleep

Eireleeds1 and hemase like this.