1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 10, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Chris Wood and Luke Ayling are both fit and raring to go for tomorrow's crunch tie against QPR.

Whilst Wood was left on the sidelines having received a knock, Ayling ws at the birth of his daughter.

Who should we play in defence?

By all admissions, Taylor had a blinder against Fulham; and he's fresh n raring to go!!!!

Ayling has missed one game all season (Fulham)!

Bartley has missed just two!

Surely, it would not be a bad idea to give Batley a rest at some point, just to keep him fresh.

Thoughts?

We also need to bear in mind that Jansson is two yellow cards away from a 3 match suspension.

With the play off's looming should he get them over and done with?

I also believe Barley is two yellow cards away from a two match ban!

Same scenario?

Simon O'Rourke has launched a poll as to who was our top Academy graduate?

Kewell

Milner

Delph

Woodgate

He seems surprised that 50% of those who voted have picked Milner.

I wonder whether fans feel just a little bit screw over by the other three?

Thoughts?

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I would start with Berardi LB and Taylor on the bench. Depending on how the game goes, it gives us the option of bringing Taylor on and moving Ayling to the middle in an attempt to protect the CBs from a yellow card.

Then I ask myself is it worth it with such a long way to go still..

Without a doubt, Kewell did more for the club than the others but the vote shows the anger in how each one left or conducted themselves.

Woodgate second, Milner third, if the poll had said "like ability" then I agree Milner first...

If you type into google "why do Leeds fans"..... one of the top 5 suggestions is "hate Harry Kewell"

3. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Morning Ell and all

Really looking forward to another long day out tomorrow and maybe even a beer with some of the rogues :emoticon-0148-yes:

Ben has been practicing the Pontus Jannson, Kyle Bartley.....Luke Ayling, Gaetino Berardi chant. Perhaps one of you more technically gifted types can post a video of the fans at Fulham doing it - best fans <applause>

Personally, would keep the same defence as the other night for three reasons. Why change it when they apparently played so well? Give Ayling a rest without weakening the side particularly & keep Ayling out of the firing line for bookings (is he one or two away from a suspension).

Can't log in at work on our cloud system so will say, have a great day. Couple of hours work for me then a lunch date with the lovely January <bubbly>

Farsleyexile likes this.
  4. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

We need to wrap up the play offs position ASAP.
    Ayling should play as he has given is far more in 30 games than Taylor ever has.
    If he gets a ban then he serves it and Taylor understudies whenever it is.
    If we get to the play offs with games left Ayling can be rested then or serve his ban if he has collected one... But lets get there before we start pissing about!

Irishshako likes this.
  5. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Does Taylor start, or do we play Ayling and Berardi? I would give Ayling a rest knowing Jansson or Bartley might be missing a game or two soon.

On who was our top Academy graduate, that'll be Milner as he is still performing at the very top. Delph I think will be. But he needs to push himself a bit more & then be a regular for England. No view on Kewell other than to say he was a class act as a player, but a pr&t in his approach to the club at what was a difficult time. Even Alan Smith helped the club by donating his transfer fee or something like that).

Whitejock likes this.
  6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

I was at Fulham and I thought the chant was "Ayling and Berardi Pontus Jannson's barmy army" <confused>

ellandback likes this.
  7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, the way which Kewell left, both he should be ashamed of himself. Saying that, I think Liverpool were underhand too. But, if the ball was on the other foot, would Leeds have acted in the same way?

8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Put Taylor back on the bench and revert back to our usual four. Plenty of opportunities over next few weeks for Taylor before he heads for the PL retirement home. Milner head and shoulders above the rest for me. All the others careers went downhill or stagnated after leaving us whereas Milner has gone from strength to strength. Milner is still a Leeds fan too, which helps a little

davy and Whitejock like this.
  9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning pal...

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Chipster, I', worried if we qualify with let's say 3 games remaining, and we take our foot off the gas, it may be difficult to find our intensity??

davy likes this.
  12. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Very poor. A bloke 3rd from the left & 23rd row was singing flat & out of tune!!!.

ellandback and Farsleyexile like this.
  13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I personally feel fans get too worked up over players when they leave. Bottom line is he helped give us some excellent results and his perfomances in general were pretty spectacular at times while he was a Leeds player. We were going down the pan and he tried to get the move he really wanted, no different to many players holding clubs to ransome.

I remember hating Liverpool at the time, they took advantage of things but no different to how Leeds United or any other team would have reacted. yes he went on to join Galatassary, pretty bad when he knew how Leeds felt about them but he was looking after himself.

The thing we all forget at times is we are supporters, we love our team with a passion. Kewell supported Liverpool as a lad, pulling on a Leeds shirt for him was a living, we paid him a wage he turned up at work and put in his shift, when he had the chance to join the club he supported he did. Would any of us pay our employee a second thought if we were offered riches to leave?

Milner only made 48 appearances for us, he was part of a team that got relegated, he even went out on loan at the start of the season we went down and he is still only 31 Kewell made 181 scoring 45 goals, he is now 38 so hardly a fair comparison in my opinion to say Milner is better? The vote in my opinion is influenced on Kewell being hated and Milner being loved, not on who was the better player to graduate.

If the vote was who do you like better then that would be an easy choice and Milnner would probably get near to 100% of the votes

ellandback likes this.
  14. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good morning from Madiera all i want is a win .also an ice cream and a cold beer.

davy, ellandback and ristac like this.
  15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Boggers, good shout. Smith got a roar deal tbh.

16. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Essssex...

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, I disagree with you pal <yikes> Taylor is fresh, rest one of the others.

Milner was absolute quality , good guy taboot.

18. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

I agree. I would play Ailing every game unless injured or tired until he gets a ban.
    Taylor is a decent replacement so not sure what all the drams is about.
    The fact Taylor is trying to impress Liverpool should mean he wont let us down with lack of effort.

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I too was livid at the way Liverpool took advantage, especially when we were financially in dire straights at the time.

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Wakey <ale> <ale> <ale>