1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 15, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

There were jubilant scenes last night as Leeds got back to winning ways last night courtesy of Chris Wood, and Pablo Hernandez.

Unfortunately, the majority of the rest of the pack also recorded wins.

The Wendies edged past Blackburn.

Huddersfield scored yet another injury time winner.

Reading came from behind to sink Brenford.

Our only saving grace is that Newcastle held Norwich 2-2.

We are 5th in the table, the Wendies are two points behind us, then in 7th place are Norwich, a further 6 points behind.

Scarily, the dog botherer's are only 4 points off an automatic spot.

Thoughts?

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all.. I think we just focus on the next game, if we get a win it doesn't matter what those around us do. It won't be possible for all to keep winning.

Looking at the highlights posted by LeedsLover it was a bit concerning how easily Ayling kept on getting beat

Interesting too that Pedrazza never featured and Sacko is back in favour.

3. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

It's going to be a tight one, and there's usually a team that makes a late run for the play offs. Keeping Pontus and Bartley on the field is going to be essential in the run in.

Morning all <ok>

4. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all.

Can I take my tin hat off? Is that the end of the world cancelled? Until the next loss of course.

Nice to get a win last night and lovely vision from Hernandez to create the first goal and great for Wood to be switched on enough to finish it.

davy, Whitejock, Farsleyexile and 2 others like this.
  5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Ive no real interest in the teams above us, my concerns are keeping the six point gap to Norwich and Derby further back. Were now seven wins from the playoffs so important to keep ticking off the wins as quickly as possible. Of course wed love to be battering teams but its clear, with a third of the season remaining, were not going to do that and many of the results will likely be like last nights. Ill bet there are loads of fans of other Championship teams that would gladly swap positions with us at this time though <ok>

davy, Irishshako, Whitejock and 3 others like this.
  6. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Worry is that the next suspension for Pontus will be 3 games for reaching 15 yellows and 2 for Bartley for getting to 10.

7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, there are a number of clubs just outside the top 6, the likes of Derby, Fulham, Norwich etc. It would not take an awful lot for one of them to make a late challenge. The Wendies have hit a bit of form now they have bought new strikers in.

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Bucks, could be Barnsley this season. Imagine if it was us, Wendies and Huddersfield in the play offs. It would be carnage...

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Fulham, Norwich & Derby will be pushing along with maybe even Villa. Every team in the top 6 will carry on dropping points and obviously we need to just take it a game at a time. We will get beaten again, we will scramble draws and wins and will even batter someone. The odds on us staying in the top 6 are good because we have the easiest run in to come

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Hamase, yep take that tin hat off.... We won!!!!

Shame we let a goal in at the death. I wonder if we had only have been one up, whether we would have still conceded?

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, To say its open is an understatement. I doubt the top 2 will remain the top 2. I'd love it if Newcastle didn't go up...

Whitejock likes this.
  12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning London. We need to keep Jansson, Bartley and Wood fit for the rest of the season. Surely Taylor must be back soon. Saying that it seems Berardi is hitting a bit of form now!!!

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc, Villa??? They are 19 points off the play offs!!!

If they avoid relegation they'll be doing well.

No wins in 8 with 5 losses I believe...

14. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

elland 3 games ago we were 17pts behind Scunthorpe in 2nd place,,, in just 3 games that gap is down to 9 and closing <ok>

Norwich will be in there somewhere <ok> WHO DO YOU THINK WILL DROP OUT ?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  15. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Morning Ell. Totally agree with you but I can't see Pontus and Bartley not picking up more yellow cards with the way they play.

16. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Mighty, I know. You're doing my Millwall relegation bet no good at all pal <ale> <laugh>

MIGHTY likes this.
  17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

At least with Taylor coming back, Berardi can switch to right back, and Ayling could play centre back...

18. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

No points for us this Saturday we have a little distraction we are playing a champions league side and premiership champions <ok>

<cheers> morning boss

19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If we finish top 6 I wouldn't want Newcastle in the mix

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Bristol City manager Lee Johnson has told the Bristol Post that he felt Leeds United's first goal in their 2-1 win over the Robins on Tuesday night should have been disallowed.

Johnson's men had picked up just five points in ten Championship games before travelling to Elland Road, and were desperate for a result having been 3-0 at Derby before somehow only drawing the game 3-3.

With the threat of relegation looming over the Robins, points are needed quickly, but they against lost on Tuesday night, as they went down to a 2-1 defeat at Leeds.

Leeds took the lead in the first half, as Pablo Hernandez's quickly-taken free kick was swept home by Chris Wood, though he appeared to trip and foul City defender Bailey Wright before scoring.

The Whites made it 2-0 after the break as Hernandez got on the scoresheet himself with the aid of a huge deflection, before Milan Djuric's late header handed Bristol City a consolation.

Johnson's men remain just three points clear of the relegation zone, and after such a dreadful run of form, they are in real danger of dropping back down to League One again.