1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 1, 2017.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes as long as the owner injects £8m a year of their own cash, so I guess in theory you could only have debts of £50 after 10 years.

Player purchases are interesting too. Sign someone for £8m over a 4 year contract, end of year one you are only £2m in debt and you have an asset of £6m

2. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

I always thought ffp was introduced to force clubs to live within their means, not be allowed to run up debts of £35m per season - where's the sense in that?

Clubs shouldn't be allowed to go into debt, absolute madness that it's actually sanctioned by the authorities

Whitejock likes this.
  3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Jesus wept! Why would they want to do that anyway? <doh> That's another shocker you've given me, Ristac. FFS! Don't they do relegation clauses in players contracts yet?

I don't understand why they should get preferential treatment - especially when they get a £16m start with the parachute payments.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  4. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Villarreal was one of the clubs Monk spent time at learning, that's the Pedraza link .. he got him in this window because Rad backed him .. we have had a good window, dead wood moved on and real talent added, exciting months ahead .. no doubt that Monk is going for promotion, but he is also not forcing the club to throw away money on panic buys

seriously, I would have been pissed off if we spent £10m on Rhodes, or £12m on Hogan, or £7m on Wildschut (a player released by Boro last summer who went to Wigan on a free) .. insecure managers are convincing their clubs to toss money away just to try and buy results, but this fcuking Championship is a tough league, and having ten strikers in your squad means fcuk all .. it's all about the eleven who start a game, and the manager's influence .. Monk has been very calm and assured, and he is only signing players he knows something about, very important point

as for Rad being another GFH, that is a ridiculous statement to make .. Monk always said he only wanted two additions, and he got them .. Alfie took time because he had to be bought out of his loan contract, and the club he was at needed to agree to let an important player go .. Mo took time because Swans were changing managers and Clement needed to decide if he wanted to keep Mo, and Swans also wanted to confirm their incomings first

there was never any panic from Monk, the transfer window was calm and we did good business .. the players we wanted came in, the players we didn't require left .. Monk got his support, now we focus on the rest of the season and get behind the manager and the players .. MOT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Can you clear up an earlier question posed Billy. Did Rad buy the 50% share personally or his investment bank?

6. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

He's share is registered to a business (can't remember the name) but the business is shown as being solely owned by radz.

7. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Agree with what you say about Monk, I've said in the past that even with the bad start he never panicked, seemed calm and went back to what he knew best but I think Fletcher was his first choice and Mo once he realised West Ham were keeping him.

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Billy, I thought Rad had put his own money in, I was asking Eire if he knew otherwise... I said IF Rad has brought us via a business group of investors it would be GFH all over again and it would, hence why I asked the question.

9. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

fair enough bud .. it's not M&J, but his own company, so his own money .. Cellino similar with Eleonora and Bates with his offshore shells .. Rad is fully committed, and will buy Cellino out .. however, he will probably add partners with lots of cash to help him as he understands he can't do it alone .. we get promotion and surely big Chinese money will follow, and 12 million shirt sales in China

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eireleeds1 and ristac like this.
  10. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Billy. Cleared up a few questions I had too <ok>

11. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Hope you are right about the Chinese investment.