1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 25, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Sacko is available for selection tonight after missing the last 3 games with injury.

Have we missed him?

Should he go starting back into the starting XI?

If you went up to Alloa Athletic, this is what you could expect to find on their menu.

please log in to view this image

Let's not forget their classic pie in a roll!!!!

Thoughts?

FORZA LEEDS and Farsleyexile like this.
  2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Where's the fecking beer list:grin: Morning Elland. Sorry to talk football and state the bleedin obvious, but we NEED to get all three points tonight. Lose or draw would IMO be ****e...<ok>

Farsleyexile and ellandback like this.
  3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Hoping for a completely different performance tonight than Saturday's. We've the chance to get back third and open up daylight on seventh team tonight, even if we'll have a game more played. Points on board always more important than games in hand. Taylors swelling still not gone down so not available. Pity we didn't sell him as **** all use having an 8m pound full back that can't play for whatever reason. 7 days left in transfer window, the excitements almost unbearable

Irishshako likes this.
  4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Shaks, so you're not a Bovril man then? <laugh>

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, Monk has said he is not going to buy anyone just for the sake of doing so. He has his targets. Let's keep everything crossed...

6. Irishshako

<laugh> used to be before I found alcohol....also the ****e I remember was tasteless boiling water with a bit of colouring in it:grin:

Farsleyexile and ellandback like this.
  7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Billy Bremners disciplinary record.

8. Irishshako

Totally agree with him. Although disappointing in a fans perspective, there is no point in buying as he says for the sake of it...<ok>

ellandback likes this.
  9. Irishshako

Only sent off twice, fecking angel he was:grin::grin:

ellandback likes this.
  10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Notts County owner: This is what saw John Sheridan lose his job
    NEW Notts County owner Alan Hardy has revealed that manager John Sheridan was sacked for gross misconduct following an expletive-laden rant at match officials.

An FA document was made public for the first time last week detailing the foul and abusive comments made by Sheridan towards referee Eddie Ilderton and fourth official Matthew Donohue during a 2-0 defeat to Wycombe on December 10.

The report revealed details of Sheridan’s foul-mouthed tirade. He shouted to Ilderton “My kids aren’t going to get any f****** Christmas presents because of f****** you” and told Donohue “I’m going to knock you out, you c***.”

The tirade of abuse led to Sheridan, now back as manager of Oldham, receiving a five-match ban.

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all... Need the win for obvious reasons and with a potential B team in the forthcoming FA Cup game we don't want the focus to be three consecutive defeats and out the cup by non league opponents

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac.

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Statement on Millwall Compulsory Purchase Order

I strongly believe that Lewisham is the home of Millwall Football Club. We’re proud to have Millwall here and we appreciate all the great work that the Club and Community Trust do in the wider community. I have always said that I want Millwall to stay in Lewisham, my view hasn’t changed.

In the past months new information has come to light and there have been growing concerns about the proposed compulsory purchase, for development, of land next to Millwall Football Stadium. I share those concerns, I know my colleagues do too. I had hoped the council meeting scheduled for 11th January would have provided a space to air these views in public, but as that meeting was postponed, I would like to take this opportunity to share my worries over the proposals and outline what I think should be done so we can get the best deal for Lewisham.

In Lewisham, as in boroughs across London, we have a housing crisis that is so severe, it is eating at the dignity of the community we were elected to serve. I’ve been the Cabinet Member for Housing in Lewisham for the last two years, social and affordable housing is my top priority. I benefited from social housing when my family were made homeless when I was growing up, I want to build more of it. We have a Labour majority on the council and people elected Labour so we would get more and better homes built.

There is agreement on the council that there is huge potential to improve the area around Millwall Stadium by building the new homes that Lewisham so desperately needs, a new train station and community facilities.

This is a once-in-a-generation opportunity, which means care must be taken to make sure we get the development right for everyone.

My personal preference is that we should completely revisit the planning application that was made by Renewal in 2011 and go back to the drawing board.

I am increasingly less confident in this scheme since the first round of voting last year. As we approach what looks to be the final vote, my opinion on the scheme is as follows:

• I have less confidence that Renewal can provide an acceptable level of affordable housing on the scheme. We have been assured that the 300 affordable homes promised by Renewal are a starting point and we should expect the final amounts to be a lot higher, but months on, we still wait for the evidence justify these claims.
    • I don’t think it is acceptable that the public still have questions as to who the financial beneficiaries of the Renewal scheme are, I think this is information we should now be asking of all developers.
    • The allegations in The Guardian in the past week about misleading claims of Sports England funding are serious and, in my opinion, completely undermine Renewal’s credibility. Lewisham Council have opened up an investigation into these allegations.
    On top of this, over the last month Millwall have raised worrying new concerns about the potential impact on Millwall Community Trust and even the viability of their future in Lewisham. No one wants to see this.

The Councillors who agreed this original scheme did so back in 2011; they made a decision based on a very different economic backdrop. If a scheme were submitted today it would likely include much more affordable housing. Land values are higher, which means profits can be ploughed into social rents, and we have a new Mayor of London who has agreed to make more funding available to do this.

How do we move forward?

Lewisham’s Deputy Mayor Alan Smith has written to Millwall’s Chief Executive Steve Kavanagh with dates for a meeting to bring Millwall and Lewisham Council together to find a way forward. This is a good start and we must use it as an opportunity to work towards a proposal that the Millwall community and local residents can have full confidence and a stake in.

We need more social and affordable housing in Lewisham. But we also need to get this major development right for future generations of Lewisham residents.

I’d like to hear your thoughts on what the next steps should be. Please email me [email protected]

Councillor Damien Egan

15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Had to double check I wasn't on the wrong forum then Elland ;) <ok>

ellandback likes this.
  16. Delicious Dacourt

Delicious Dacourt Active Member

Morning guys,

Really need a win tonight! Driving to Leeds from Boro at 4pm, hoping we'll see a better display. I'd have Sacko on right wing and Roofe on left wing. Sacko gives us that raw pace and teams are threatened by it.

In other news on Waccoe some lad reckons Canos is having a medical with us this morning at TA. Hoping this isn't bullshit...

ristac and ellandback like this.
  17. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

And I wouldnt expect him to make signings for the sake of it. I would however, expect the club to add two quality signings at least to reinforce our promotion push and guard against injuries to the likes of Wood. Especially as apparently we have our new multi millionaire involvement. I just hope were not here in six months lamenting a lack of investment in January as being the reason we were beaten at Wembley, or worse, never made it to it. Ive a sneaky feeling, the reason we havent seen anyone in yet is were trying the loan to buy option which clubs will be slow to agree to until last hours of transfer window, if at all

18. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

His commitment was total.

ellandback and Farsleyexile like this.
  19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Double D's...

I'd have Sacko on the right, and Dallas on he left imo...

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning WCD