1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Looks like David Nugent is on his way to Elland Road for the second half of the season.

The 31 year old has netted 8 times in 30 appearances since joining the Smoggies in August 2015.

Nugent himself has been telling friends and family that he will be a Leeds player in January.

On one hand I am relieved that unlike most other seasons, Leeds have not left their transfers to the last minute, but am a little skeptical due to his lack of game time.

Good adition or not?

Other players that we are currently getting linked to are Bournemouth winger Marc Pugh, Bolton starlet Zach Clough, Nugent's own teammate Jordan Rhodes, Peter Crouch, Ashley Fletcher, Saints keeper Alex McCarthy and Fabian Delph (well, it wouldn't be the same unless it involved a former player coming back would it)?

If you had a wish list, who would make the top 3?

Potential investor Andrea Radrizzani continues to tease Leeds United fans over his proposed purchase of a stake in the club.

After telling the Strait Times a deal to buy 50 per cent of the club from Massimo Cellino was in the pipeline, confirmation is still being awaited.

Yet Radrizzani has not forgotten about the Whites.

On Wednesday evening he posted a simple message onto his Instagram page, urging followers to donate to Kings College Hospital in London, and wishing a Merry Christmas.

The subtlety... two of the five staff and volunteers pictured in the photo posted by Radrizzani, were wearing blue Santa hats with Leeds United club badges.

2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

3. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

This twat needs to shut up, get the deal done or **** off.
    Buys two hats on his last freebie visit to ER and milks the publicity.
    The signs of this guys lack of professionalism should be ringing alarm bells. looks like another owner where it could all be about him and not LUFC.

Still don't see it happening.

w.c.dukenfieldesq likes this.
  4. Chippy / Glory

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  5. Chippy / Glory

Jordan Rhodes is another dressing room trouble maker that needs avoiding.
    Would be impressed by the intent if we get Nugent (will only believe it when I see him on the O/S holding a shirt).

6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Glory, he's teasing us. Pure and simple...

7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I'd be amazed if Nugent does not happen. He's been telling all and sundry...

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  8. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

David Nugent at anything like his best would be a great signing.Agree with Chippy about Radrizzani sounds like a poser.

9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. I bought a Leeds hat on my last visit for my youngest. She's had several photos taken wearing it. Does that make me a potential buyer now as well I wonder. As for new signings, as usual I'm not commenting. Who'd have predicted the effect Monk would have had on Bartley, Ayling and Pontus for example. What about the improvement in Wood? Regardless what form a player is showing Gary Monk seems to have the ability to turn them into a quality player

BillysStatue and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning WCD, looking forward to Christmas?

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, is this what you call a hostile takeover bid?

If so, can we join in?

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  12. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Nugent at his best would be a great signing. But as with many things this time of year, I'll believe it when if/when it happens. Not sure if he arrived where it would leave Antonsson.

13. Chippy / Glory

He is over selling his product.
    You do it every day and must see the warning signs!

BTW I am now resorting to giving you sympathy likes!

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all, Raddrizani is a cuck and all the TTGM boys keep saying we know exactly when the deal is done and we'll tell anyone then and back it up with timelines. I thinkthe way this is being done is a crockofshit. Believe it when I see it. I spoke to O'Rourke last night and he is convinced its happening but not yet.

As long as we get a striker who can score goals I dont care. Nugent has always scored but fell down the pecking order at Leicester, then moved to Midds but hardly played. Jordan Rhodes at Midds and hardly plays. I will say this: Lee Trundle always scores loads of goals but he didnt at Leeds did he as his career was over.

ellandback likes this.
  15. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

What I'd read was that nugent has expressed a preference to Leeds as a loan destination... not that he'd inferred he was definitely coming. Others are saying fletcher is first choice. If the priority is building for the future then fletcher is an interesting call, if it's about making a promotion push then nugent would be the safer bet.

I normally prefer to see us sign youth and on permanents, but Given we are in the play-offs and given he's an experienced all rounder as a striker who can link play, I'd probably prioritise nugent.

Doc likes this.
  16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

In my case just yet another penniless one But what's new there

17. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

Nugent played 38 times last year in the Champ. Would be a brilliant player to bring in. Think I would prefer Rhodes just because he knows where the back of the net is.

18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all - David Nugent, I will reserve judgement. He is a signing that could unsettle what we have or he could be the difference in top 6 or missing out.

I wonder if he is being signed as competition for Chris Wood or if we are going to play them both in the same team. Is he going to be used as an impact substitute? I cannot see him being a straight replacement for Wood unless we completely change our style as part of our game plan with Wood is his height and hold up play.

Interesting times ahead and at least it looks like the gossip is strengthening rather than who we are going to lose.

19. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Yes thank you Elland. We are going to my youngest sons who lives in bassingham. He at present is working in Abu Dhabi but is spending time at home for a few days. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

20. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

It's just hearsay of interest at the moment.

He's not a big lump like wood, but his link up play is one of his strengths, I think he'd suit our style of football pretty well. He played as a lone striker for boro in their promotion year. Get's a fair few assists too, though as a lone striker in our system i'm not sure who he'd be assisting! imagine he'd be competition for Wood and/or injury cover if he came.