1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread The Breakfast Debate / Birmingham v Leeds Utd Match thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 1, 2017.

?

SCORELINE:Birmingham City v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Mar 3, 2017.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

7.7%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Birmingham by 1

7.7%
  6. Leeds by 1

46.2%
  7. Birmingham by 2

15.4%
  8. Leeds by 2

23.1%
  9. Birmingham by 3 or more

7.7%
  10. Leeds by 3 or more

7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

If you had a better first touch I could see you getting a game - he is dogshite

Farsleyexile and Irishshako like this.
  2. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Great pass to Phillips though for the crucial second goal.

FORZA LEEDS and Marcos Barber like this.
  3. Marcos Barber

No such thing ....apparently :emoticon-0126-nerd:

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  4. Marcos Barber

Can't argue with that :emoticon-0148-yes:

5. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

He's a strange one is Phillips, very hit and miss. I think I've made my point on him but the lad bleeds Leeds. Really like the kid, and for the position he plays, he's got time on his hands.

bucks_is_leeds and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  6. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

<doh>
    But if that was true that would mean somone had fed you a hook that you swallowed months ago... :bandit:
    Keep digging, you nearly had the answer a few weeks back.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    OLOF likes this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I know we would take three goals and the scoreline all day but it did flatter us, we need to improve on that, Lady Luck was certainly with us and although Wood executed his goals perfectly, Brum can't be happy with the defending, two slips on the turf certainly helped our cause.

I'm not knocking Wood, he was still the stand out player for us, I'm not knocking the fact we grinded away but without the crossbar and some excellent saves by Green and a clearance off the line by Bartley that could have been nasty.

If we had the ref from the Wendies game we might have had some penalties go against us too. Jansson seemed to be doing his best to gift them a goal, I hope that was all his errors for the rest of the season.

Hernandez had a stinker, I don't like how he does schoolboy attempted blocks either, jumps up and turns his back if he thinks the opposing player is going to blast the ball.

It sounds harsh knocking Monk but I really was bewildered why he never made changes earlier, I think we're very fortunate to be talking about a win this morning because that really was a nightmare show.

Im hoping Pedrazza starts next game and that he has more goals in him as we saw yesterday.

If we can play that bad and come away 3-1 winners you have to believe this is going to be our season

Jammy 07 likes this.
  8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

We rode our luck in the first half certainly but thought we were excellent for last half hour. To be honest, these are the types of performances I'm expecting for the remainder of the season. All about grinding out results and that's what most of the top teams are doing with possible exception of Huddersfield. We need a max of four wins from eleven for the playoffs so that's a shoe in. It really will come down to the type of defending we see from our lads and the odd opportunist goal to finish the job off after that

OLOF likes this.
  9. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Agree with you Eire, this time of the season it isn't about pretty performances, it's all about accumulating points and digging out wins, which this team seem pretty good at doing.

OLOF likes this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Kind of agree but I'm on the fence if that first 60 minutes could be defined as Grinding or sheer luck. I was immensely impressed with Bartley, Green, Wood but the defending in general and passing was shocking.

Exactly my point about last 30 minutes, the substitutes made the difference but even then a bit of Lady Luck. Yes Philips made the cross for the goal but I thought it was a negative substitution at the time.

Defensive midfield for another, I was screaming for a more attacking player to come on. I guess the bottom line is, we are getting the results playing not great football. I'm waiting for us to hit top gear <ok>

BillysStatue likes this.

11. Marcos Barber

I think anyone would struggle to say we played well, certainly for the first hour as a team. A few individual solid performances and a few less so. Birminghams results since Rowett left perhaps distort thinking on how good or bad they really are (weren't a million miles away from us when they sacked him).

They were very quickly into us, especially around midfield and the pitch looked really slippery (look at some of our players kits after tackling in the first couple of minutes). Same for both teams but they seemed to cope with it better and Hernandez in particular just failed to get to grips with it. Wouldn't have been gutted if we had subbed him in the first ten minutes - you could just tell it wasn't his night.

Thought Bartley, Ayling and Berardi were solid. Bridcutt worked hard. Green, yet again kept us in it when we needed him - excellent. My biggest concern after last night is, if we don't go up Wood will go to a higher level, just gets better and better.

Pleased with Roofes' contribution when he came on and think he will have a much stronger second season if we don't go up. Pedraza oozed quality, I'm hoping Monk has held him back for a few weeks to get used to his new environment, team mates and the pace of the game here. I honestly think he has enough about him to really lift the team for this final quarter and, hopefully, the Play Offs.

Less positive, Jannson can get away with some of the fannying around when we are on top and in good conditions. Last night wasn't one of those games and he wanted shooting at times. Could see why GB doesn't like Dallas - totally ineffectual in this game. Not going to comment on you know who - will pass you over to my 13 year old.

Bens' comments - "they are playing **** because we are not there". "Isn't it funny how it looks so slow on the tv compared to when you are there?". And then there is this one "Doukarra always looks rubbish on the tv when you can see what he is doing, when you are there and it is all really fast he somehow looks involved"

Jammy 07, LeeUtd and Farsleyexile like this.
  12. Marcos Barber

Lee and I were discussing this last Saturday. As far as we can tell, there are about six real people that post on here (you're not Shako and Forza are you??).

Anyway, as LL blatantly fooled me into ignoring him I've changed tactics. Going on a charm offensive to try and talk to him as much as possible - will be able to work out who the puppet master is at some point from the way he words things. Very narrow field now anyway.

Don't say anything though, it is a cunning plan :emoticon-0126-nerd:

13. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Another 3pts. We're almost there for the playoffs. So what should Monk do when we reach the playoffs with games to go & no chance of autos? Should he rest players to ensure they don't pick up injuries or bookings? Or should he continue with the normal starting XI & subs? Me, I'd start with more of the squad, such as Pedraza & Barrow, rest Wood & play Doukara & Antonsson up front to give Monk options for the playoffs

Farsleyexile likes this.
  14. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's true, but apparently someone had spray painted "Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan" on the inside of the Berlin wall.

Gotta love it.

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

Marcos Barber likes this.
  15. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

We were very very lucky last night, but 3pts is the only thing that matters now. Hernandez was awful, but he's a luxury player and he still got an assist, he's definetely someone you want at your club - any championship team would have him.

16. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

No, I'm only me, haven't got time to post from multiple accounts. It is a cunning (if not secretive) plan you have :bandit:

Marcos Barber likes this.
  17. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

LL's dislike of Rob Green can be explained by the fact her true identity is Sofia Jamal

18. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

talking crap on just one is enough bud dont open a second <whistle>

19. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

I agree with Mighty<ok>

20. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Marcos has hacked olofs account!

Marcos Barber, OLOF and FORZA LEEDS like this.