1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Bank Holiday Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 29, 2017.

1. lifecheshirewhite

You better hope yours do,cos they dropped 50% in league one.And you lost 13,000 at wembley this year compaired to last.<doh> just as the Hammers gates have shot up,been blowing a few bubbles TC ?<laugh>

davy likes this.
  2. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

What is 50% of **** all??

3. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Ask Radrizzani mate - cos he's bought 50% of **** all twice <ok>

MIGHTY likes this.
  4. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

5. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Has he got a Trump perspective do you think..... ?

6. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

how many do you average at ER, how many turned up at Wembley <laugh>

7. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Paul Lambert just left Wolves, does this mean .......

9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He can't work with a director of football so rules us out

10. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

OH LOOK a link to a pic havnt seen one of them for years <laugh>

11. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

As I understand it, it was an agent appointed by the Chinese owners that was bringing in his own players, against Lambert's wishes. They had 12 summer signings, and most were brought in by him, but no-one made a significant impact. Costa, signed in January, was considered a success - which you would expect at a cost of £13m!! It's a crazy situation like our Cellino 16 player situation, only this guy makes money on signing his own players without actually having invested in the club. Not surprised that Lambert is leaving.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    ristac likes this.
  12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Guys on Talk Sport were saying how it just doesn't work having anyone other than the manager pick the players, at the end of the day, it is the manager who always gets the sack not the director.

I'm excited by Rad, I like the appointment of Kinnear but must admit I think a director of football is a bad move unless the director works with the manager/coach but if this is the case why have one?

13. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

I've often wondered the same but think things have changed hugely in the last 30 odd years. When Revie, Shankley, Paisley and even old red nose signed players they knew they were building their squad for years. Since Bosman and Sky money, I wonder what the average player and manager time is at a club? 3 years, 4 years?? In which case you need eyes everywhere for your next recruitment drive.

Paisley could sign Keegan from Scunthorpe for 6 or 7 years and then follow on with Dalglish for the next 6 or 7 etc. We can't even bring Byram, Cook or Taylor through and expect more than two years from them in the first team. News today that Liverpool are taking some young kid from Chelsea and so on.

If you want a manager to train players to play a certain way and practice defending or attacking corners etc when does he scout the players he wants with such a high turnover??

For me, a good example was beginning of this season when Monk challenged the club to find a better right back than he was offered and we ended up with Ayling. So, he has watched the players we have and said go find me a quality right back and it helped. So I would say it can work as long as they can work in tandem- seems to work on the Continent and they win the big Euro trophies these days - gone are the days of Leeds, Liverpool, Villa, Ipswich, Arsenal etc dominating when teams were built with a long term player and manager strategy.

And, when you end up with a treacherous ****er of a manager that ****s off after a semi successful season, surely you are better off with a longer term plan with a Director of Football, board of Directors, players and fans understanding the route the whole club is trying to take?