1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thauvin

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Is the lad worth keeping if we were to be promoted?

please log in to view this image

2. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Nar i don't think he's interested, don't see him showing that quality in a Toon shirt

3. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

No, as he doesn't want to be here as far as I can tell. Also, he was far too lightweight when he played for us so I doubt he could cope a couple of seasons on. Is there not a pre-agreed clause for them to buy him anyway?

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

These clauses depend out final sign off by both the selling and buying club I believe.
    Might be wrong tho.

5. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Another young lad bought and never given a chance

6. General Lee Speaking

Hmmm, I think you might be "usually right" about his one mate. He was piss poor except for the cup game at home against a league 2 team (I forget which) where he looked like a world beater. He was just a bad buy and I think he never really wanted to come so I doubt his heart was in it (did he not turn us down once before?).

7. Captainchaos.

He was poor but who wasn't

8. General Lee Speaking

Fair point.

9. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Don't think he'd be up for coming back anyway. I actually think he should have been given more time on the pitch for us tho. It was a terrible time to be at the club for a new lad.

10. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Siem De Jong also having a good season with PSV....we couldn't get the prick out of his wheelchair.

Dutch and French leagues are ****, we shouldn't give them another chance.

11. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

The Thauvin that played against Northampton in the cup and the Cabella who played away at Chelsea in the league, They were players on a mission, on form and they both tore the oppo apart. Cabella more impressively at Stamford bridge, he was on absolute fire that day. Shame there was to much inconsistency, also he was very feminine, don't think Pardew liked that

12. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Yeah Cabella was a bit of a tart, always looking like he'd just come from Tony & Guy, and he'd just been professionally shaved and had a manicure.

At the end of the day he had more than enough time to prove himself, and only had 2 decent games out of 34. Him and Thauvin were clearly products of the delicate and non-physical French game and were out of their depth in England.

13. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I think it created conflicts in the Silver Fox's mind/pants.

Heard Thauvin's off to Inter. It's weird, really, because we lament Carr's scouting yet he's finding players who all appear to be on an upward curve.....as soon as they're not at SJP!!!

Add Luuk De Jong to that list, PSV captain and top scorer. Mehdi Abeid to a lesser extent. And a little more wildly he was adamant that both Aubameyang and Lacazette were worth the cash.

14. Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck Active Member

I don't think it's a quality issue I think it's down to the tempo and the physicality of English football. You can take any 20 very talented continental players and only a handful will cut it, that's the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

15. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't know. I think Pardew would have liked that.

please log in to view this image

16. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Hes just been called into the france squad for the first time...

Captainchaos. likes this.
  17. Captainchaos.

People can keep having unrealistic expectations of young players coming into **** sides and hate on them but it's never going to help the club! I've said this so many times that some players aren't given a chance and some play crap for a stupid amount of time and the reason is because nobody else even wants them

I hope thauvin does well because he was put into a crap team with a shockingly bad manager and did no worse than anyone else

18. General Lee Speaking

Read Rafa's recent interview where he talked about buying players isn't like buying furniture. Why was he loaned out after 6 months? None of us really know, but I can take a good guess at it. Also you must realise that there are only 11 places in the team and there will always be players who are left out who you can use as examples to back up your accusation.

19. Captainchaos.

Mate I do understand but we have a history of keeping crap and not giving youth a chance

The only exceptions seem to be Paul dummet Who's never going to be good enough and Perez who gets away with it

We've had players for years that can't cut the mustard like colback

Even mitrovic is getting time he's been poor

I think it's unfair to say thauvin was any worse than the rest last season I can't think of anyone that wasn't

In my opinion he wasn't given a chance and he joined a team devoid of any ability to play football and any kind of confidence with a fan base that's always quick to pass the blame bucket on to the shoulders of young foreign players

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Judge Death likes this.
  20. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Your right here. One I ****ing think colback is ****e and two thauvin will probably end up being a top player. He just lacked confidence and needed to put a bit more muscle on tondeal with the premiership. That's the problem with young foreign players to a degree. They are not conditioned initially to deal with the premiership. Even mitro struggles to this day because he does like the physical side And loses his rag as a result.