1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

That penalty and blatant cheating

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by nickyb, Oct 19, 2014.

1. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Is why football in general seriously pisses me off.

Blatant cheating by Bony...and again 5 minutes later.
    Diouf booked...for what!! Nearly being kicked in the head.

Crouch being fouled every time........ooops...DID Moses dive.....certainly not, a 100% nailed on penalty <whistle>

Another pint of San Mig coming up

2. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Active Member

I'll tell you why football seriously pisses me off.

Blinkered fans.

3. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

You thought Bony was cheating haha, your having a laugh, not much he can do when your defender is trying to ride him.

4. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

How has Bony cheated? Dragged to the ground. Crouch mining all the time - it's how he plays. Moses dive? Not sure but he was given 5.8 by the Russian judge.

5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Now if you were talking about Moses dive then maybe you'd have a point, but everyone will see that Shawcross should be playing Rugby!..........<ok>

6. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Dear Swansea fans

Notice my <whistle> ****forbrains and then comment.
    And you are seriously crap at Rugby.

Not to put to fine a point on it...**** right off

Have a nice day ya hear you 6 toe'd inbreds.

Ah...that feels better back to my PHD in English Literature

7. stoke-th97

stoke-th97 Well-Known Member

Shawcross rejected the chance to play for Wales to play for a better country...

Nice to see you didn't bring that up... <whistle>

8. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Sorry TH - I did NOT want to upset the Swansea folk

9. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

He probably has a better chance of getting in the England side.

10. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Remind me have we finished above your rugby team every season so far? just asking like.......................<laugh>

11. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Active Member

How's that working out for him? <laugh>

12. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Active Member

Hughes has manfully attempted to get you lot to play football after years of hoof-n-hope but your players are still sly, cheating, dirty ****s. The culmination was you nicking the points today through a blatant dive.

Our play is based on pass and move but it's impossible when the off the ball player is getting tripped and elbowed every time he makes a run. Tactical fouling is the name of the game and thank **** I haven't got to watch that throwback **** every day.

Good day. :)

13. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When trying to be a clever twat first check your facts!

I seem to remember a season - now let me think when was it? Oh yeh that's it - last season you total idiot - where Stoke finished in a comfortable 9th as opposed to your 12th!

14. Joe3White

Joe3White Member

To be fair,Ryan has had that coming,but so have so many others. I hope that referees are consistant now,but I doubt if they will be. Can you imagine the uproar if Cahill is penalised ?(He`s one of the worst offenders). I thought Charlie Adam was superb today. I have to say I don`t really rate Ireland,and I hope Geoff Cameron retains that midfield role,he reads the game so well and he is great at breaking up play. I thought when Cameron came on it made all the difference,even N`Zonzi was going forward more,but why doesn`t he shoot more? Our second goal was superb (even Dragonborn should admit that) Pass and move. :emoticon-0105-wink: I must also say Bony is a great player. Overall a satisfactory performance against a good Swansea team who could have been 2 up in the first 15mins.

15. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Must say, the OP has caught you lot hook line and sinker here lads <laugh>

16. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Post of the day Smithers <laugh><laugh>

17. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have no issues with the penalty, it was clear as day. However, I do question the motive behind the decision. My reasons are this;

There has been increasing speculation about Ryan's omission from the England squad.
    In response there has been an increase in comments referring to Ryan's manhandling in the box.
    The ref approached Ryan prior to the corner to warn him.
    I view the refs decision as correct but premeditated, normally the ref would whistle, speak to the defender and reset the corner.
    If this decision is given then there has to be at least 1 penalty for every team in every match.

Now if we are talking 'letter of the law' officiating then shirt pulling/holding is a penalty and so Crouch should have been awarded a penalty prior to Ryan's penalty!

In relation to the game, Swansea are a very good team and played some neat football. However we had more touches in their box than them and more shots which indicates that we created a similar number of chances and feel that the post match pundits have been rather quick to judge Swansea as the dominant team. The Mosses penalty was technically correct (letter of the law: there was a forearm in his back pushing him off balance when he was past the defender) but we all know it was a poor decision by the ref and should not have been given.

I thought Adam was very good today and I liked the formation, but agree that Cameron made a far better impact than Ireland did. Also I still stand by my view that Huth should play.

18. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I like Ryan Shawcross and wish we had someone of his leadership and defensive qualities in our back line today.

19. swans-cartoonhead

swans-cartoonhead Well-Known Member

Fair result in the end, we deserved nothing from that game for the way we threw the towel in during the second half. We dominated the first half, but you dominated the second; we couldn't convert our chances, you could! That's football as they say. Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from the return at the Liberty).

20. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

100% agree with all that mate.

I can not wait to see....
    Terry
    And any other Chalf pull a shirt and or hold a player next televised game, should be interesting?
    Crouch was fouled numerous times but NO FOULS?
    Oh and goal of the weekend by Walters, a brilliant team goal, and a great header.
    I went to the game as per usual, so not seen any replays as yet.

Very poor first half, but much better in the 2nd. Swansea are a good side. But I think Gary Monk should be careful when calling someone a cheat. Suarez, Gerrard, Terry I could name at least 20 player's who have CONNED us in the last 2/3 season's. But I won't. Also think Cameron should start not Ireland.