1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Terrorist attack in Berlin

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Hertfordshire Qpr, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

I have no doubt Col, that our intelligence services are second to none after years of fighting a war against the IRA, and have many methods at their disposal.
    I do think our secret services don't particularly like sharing info and intelligence with their European counterparts.
    After all it was only recently that a German secret service employee was in fact found to be an ISIS supporter/Mole and intended to blow up his own HQ.

Spot on again with the advice.....exactly as we are told at the airport....RUN, HIDE, CALL FOR HELP !!

rangercol and Hoops Eternal like this.
  2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Our security services simply don't trust their European counterparts mate.

Stay safe and happy Christmas.

Hoops Eternal and Staines R's like this.
  3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

RUN, HIDE, Put your phone on silent, CALL FOR HELP !! And if you get the opportunity twat the ****s.

4. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Another reference to the Troubles in Northern Ireland without mentioning that it was a 2 sided terrorist war. The IRA, INLA, UDA, UFF, the whole lot of them together made the British security services what they are today, not just the IRA on their own. People on your side of the pond always seem to conveniently forget some of the facts.

5. Staines R's

Of course you're right Eamonn, and I hope I didn't cause you anything offence and if I did I truly apologise.
    I can only think that as the majority of attacks on 'our side of the pond' were from the IRA (with some from the INLA).....they are the ones we refer to the most.
    I guess if I was a Belfast catholic on 'your side of the pond' I would of referred more to UDA/UFF/LVF when talking of terrorism.
    its just a matter of perspective and where you were brought up.
    Once again, sorry if I caused you offence.

sb_73 likes this.
  6. finglasqpr

Yes Stainesey, I acknowledge the IRA carried out most of the attacks on the British mainland. I lived over there in the 80's and 90's and every time something happened, the Irish community took the backlash. The nasty comments etc at work and on the streets made my life hell and was the main reason I returned home.

On the island of Ireland, the majority of people killed were at the hands of loyalist terrorists. Your security services were meant to be fighting a war against all terrorists and were meant to be neutral, We all know a minority took sides and assisted and colluded with loyalists. To say that they were fighting against the IRA for years is hugely offensive.

7. Staines R's

Ok bruv, i tried to apologise so I'll leave it there.
    Have a good christmas

8. finglasqpr

You too.

9. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I don't want to create disharmony on this of all days, Fing, but I'm wondering what figures you are using when you state that loyalist terrorists killed the majority of people on the island of Ireland?

This breakdown suggests by far the most people were killed by the IRA (see the schedule at the bottom):

http://www.wesleyjohnston.com/users/ireland/past/troubles/troubles_stats.html

I may have missed something. Just trying to get the facts straight.

rangercol likes this.
  10. rangercol

Give it a rest fingy.

11. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

That gave me a proper chortle nines, thanks.

QPR999 likes this.
  12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Until people learn to stop being offended we are in trouble. I was nearly blown up by an IRA bomb in 1976, but haven't thought about it much since.

But the again I have had an alarming mix of high quality drinks today so what do I know?

No offence intended.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    GoldhawkRoad and Uber_Hoop like this.
  13. finglasqpr

Col and Goldy - you are right. Not the day to be discussing this subject. As it is after midnight, I thought I should reply now.

Goldy - I haven't got the time to examine the figures in detail but I hope your graphs show that terrorism in Ireland was indeed a two way street. Not just a one way street and therefore my assertions are correct. Your security personnel were in the middle of a two way terrorist struggle and were not just fighting the IRA. They were also fighting the UDA/UFF and others. If they weren't, they should have been.

Stan - Yes, people would indeed be less offended if the actual facts are acknowledged and people accept it was a 2 way street. I hope you can accept that now and I hope you can begin the process of moving on. None of us on these islands can claim to be the real victims. We were all victims of what went on. I was nearly caught up in the Dublin bombings in 1974 when I heard the 3 bombs go off. 33 people were killed on that day by Loyalist terrorists with assistance. I know that is a fact personally as a member of British Security at the time who was also a Loyalist paramilitary told me he had an active involvement that day.Thankfully I wasn't injured. Hopefully we can all move on and continue the peace we have all enjoyed since 1998.

Accepting there were two sides at it is a start to recovery. I accepted that fact years ago.

Hope all you fine chaps had a good day.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    QPR Oslo likes this.
  14. finglasqpr

Having had a look at your graphs in a bit more detail Goldy, two things jumped out at me.

1. The numbers of civilians (not British forces or terrorists) killed by Loyalist terrorists is about 750 and the number of civilians killed by the IRA is about 600 or thereabouts according to the graphs. Conclusion, loyalist terrorists killed more civilians than Republican terrorists. Instead of saying "people", I should have said non involved civilians.

2. The number of civilians killed by British security forces who were protestant appears to be zero and the equivalent figure for Catholics appears to be 200 or so. Isn't that strange?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    QPR Oslo likes this.
  15. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I'm not liking this thread at all.
    Finglas is not asking you to (metaphorically) feel sorry for the SS, Durbar....he is (metaphorically) asking you just to accept that many ordinary Germans lost their lives due to British Bombing during WWII.

There was evil done by all 3 sides in NI.... I fully accept that ....and I am ashamed of the UK government and security forces part in it, I am appalled that all three sides seemed not to care that they involved innocent civilians in their war.

Hopefully that part of our history is over...so please let's leave that part of the discussion on this thread

finglasqpr likes this.
  16. rangercol

17. rangercol

Totally disagree with what you've written here.
    But as you say, it's probably best to leave it there.

durbar2003 and Staines R's like this.
  18. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

An eye for an eye makes the world blind.

Sometimes every side in a conflict makes mistakes that should be ignored so we can all move on. This seems like a good time to do it on this thread.

QPR Oslo and finglasqpr like this.
  19. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

There were more French civilians killed by allied bombing in WW2 than British killed by the Luftwaffe. Euphemistically called collateral damage.

20. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

You are missing the point Durbar...I am going to reiterate once more

...and I will not be responding on this thread again.

Finglas was not defending murderous terrorists. He was pointing out that the IRA were not the only terrorist organisation involved in the Irish Troubles. That is a plain statement of facts..

finglasqpr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.