1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Man U

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Sep 21, 2016.

1. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Is Mahrez our Rooney? not been playing very well for us,but seems to be undropable.

2. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

When you compare him to the playmakers in some of the better teams' we have played this season - Ozil, Lalana, Coutinho, Mata - he hasn't really created anything. I don't think I'd start him against Porto. Maybe bring him on later if we need someone who's slow, lethargic and can't tackle. :emoticon-0136-giggl

3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

...absolutely not ... Mahrez destroyed Bruges and was very good against Burnley... he is gettin closely marked and needs to deal with that better yes ...the biggest problem right now is that we are not keeping the ball and giving it to our flair players in positions where they can do the most damage to the opposition... we are blindly flipping it on at times, hoping for a break or winning a 50 / 50 ...

4. BucksFox

It's all very well being good against Burnley.....I'd rather hoped he'd be good against Liverpool, Everton and Man Utd. One of his problems is that he shuffles up to opponents rather than goes at them at pace. This gives them time to double up on him. It doesn't help that, as soon as he's tackled, he goes to ground looking for a cheap free kick rather than trying to get the ball back.

5. jambawamba

IMO the away games we have played in the prem this season Mahrez as just been a passenger (even the Arsenal fans are taking the P out of him and Vardy)
    he lacks fight and is easily shut out of a match! play him in home, games but use him has a sub in away games till he gets is hunger back.

6. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

...you might have a point ... but the reality is that if we had a team full of Albrightons we would get relegated... Mahrez is a game changer...some are a little hasty jumping on the back of a player that was involved in more goals than any other in the EPL and whose fellow players voted him the best of all of them ...

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  7. jambawamba

Has in all things in life, you are only as good as your last game! and Mahrez is just not doing it in the prem, agreed we cannot have a team full of Albrightons, but we do have other options just waiting for a chance!

8. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

The games against Bruges and Burnley showed that he was coming back into form, just because we lost to Man U away is no reason to drop him. His link up play with Slimani is still very promising.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  9. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... fully agree ...I'd like to see Mahrez moved into the centre as a proper number 10 ... he is the most creative player in our ranks and we need to have him on the ball as much as possible ...

10. BucksFox

What Mahrez did last season was great. He did some remarkable things that showed what he is capable of. But that's now history. I'd love to see him as a proper creative number 10 behind the strikers, but to be effective in that role he needs to show some hunger and add some determination into his game. He has the ability and the vision, but to demonstrate that he'd be a good number 10 he should be getting involved more in the thick of things. However he's more likely to go missing for long periods than take the game by the scruff of the neck. Add to that the fact that he doesn't compete and win challenges and is too easily knocked off the ball, and I'm not sure he's capable of surviving in a central role.

11. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... you can still call me Bertha ... I will be absilutely amazed if he doesn't start .. <laugh>