1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Talks begin with del boy

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Can't help thinking that says more about us than him. :(

Maybe the uncertainty around the club possibly being sold off soon influenced his decision.

Brian Storm and Gil T Azell like this.
  2. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

**** sake man, I was counting the pennies <laugh>

I'm not one for gossip but he's not coming for a reason. Could it be lack of funds available?

3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Yep.

please log in to view this image

4. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

I think I'll apply, anyone know where I can get an application form<doh>

5. Brian Storm

Very true. There's a fairly consistent bunch of ****ers on twitter who insist on being pure poison to the club. ****ing nasty little oxygen thieves. These are the sort of pricks who attacked Watmore's dad because he hadn't broke though like ****ing Messi or sumit. Brainless Morons.

6. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

We are gonna end up with Ally McCoist or John O'Shea.

7. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

8. Brian Storm

Says **** all then.<doh>

9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Well this is fun. Get for big Nige and little Kev now.

BIG BAZ likes this.
  10. Brian Storm

J๏E.. likes this.

11. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

He must hide his money behind his ears!

12. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

15 HAVE YOUR SAY Derek McInnes has turned down the chance to become Sunderland’s new manager. Black Cats chief executive Martin Bain flew out to Florida, where McInnes is on holiday, only to have his hopes of a deal blown apart. Now the Wearsiders face relaunching their bid to find a manager ahead of the coming Championship campaign, which begins on August 5. On Aberdeen’s website, McInnes said: “I have ambitions in the game and while there was interest from elsewhere, and I did talk to Sunderland, I feel there is so much still to be done here at Aberdeen. “While we have lost players from last season, they will be replaced by signings of similar quality and our first challenge is to reach the group stages of the Europa League after coming so close in each of the last three seasons. “Since the first day I arrived at Pittodrie, my biggest gripe has been the lack of training facilities and, with progress at last on that front, it’s something I am keen to see through to its conclusion. “The delivery of these training and community facilities are vital, for helping retain our top players, attracting new players to the Club, the development of our young players, and equally importantly enable us to play a far greater role in the wider community. I sincerely hope everyone across the region can pull together to help develop these facilities”. “The recent investment in the club from Dave Cormack, who has rejoined the board, now puts us in an even healthier situation financially and that will allow us to be in a position to take the club to the next stage.

Read more at: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...ed-sunderland-to-stay-with-aberdeen-1-8598482

13. Brian Storm

Derek McInnes tells Sunderland he no longer wants manager's job
    0 Comments

Derek McInnes has turned down the Sunderland job CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES

15 JUNE 2017 • 5:05PM
    S
    underland have suffered a huge blow in their search for a new manager after Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes informed them he no longer wants the job.

Sunderland chief executive, Martin Bain, had been confident of finalising the terms of a new contract on Thursday afternoon after agreeing compensation with Aberdeen.
    But McInnes has decided not to move to the Stadium of Light and is understood to have been concerned about Sunderland owner Ellis Short’s continued determination to sell the club.
    Telegraph Sport understands that takeover talks have reached an advanced stage and McInnes was concerned that the new owners would want to appoint their own manager if they complete a takeover.
    McInnes has always had reservations about accepting the Sunderland job because of the tricky financial situation at the club after relegation, but Bain had hoped to reassure him that there would be money to spend following the sale of Jordan Pickford to Everton for £25m.
    McInnes, though, has decided he does not want to take the risk and Aberdeen gleefully tweeted that both he and assistant Tony Docherty have elected to remain at Pittodire.

View image on Twitter

| #EFC have signed goalkeeper Jordan Pickford for a Club-record fee on a 5-year deal! #WelcomeJordanhttp://bit.ly/2sDUZ6O
    4:31 PM - 15 Jun 2017
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne said in a statement: "Given what Derek has achieved here, there is inevitably going to be interest from other clubs and in making the decision to stay, he has demonstrated how much Aberdeen Football Club means to him.
    "It is now up to all of us, the Board, staff, players and supporters to show how much we appreciate having him at the helm by getting right behind him in every way possible."
    McInnes added: "I have ambitions in the game and while there was interest from elsewhere and I did talk to Sunderland, I feel there is so much more to be done here at Aberdeen."
    The decision will heap embarrassment on the Black Cats hierarchy who believed they had found a successor to David Moyes, who quit last month as he was alarmed at the lack of money available to rebuild the team after relegation.

Fabio Borini is also among the expected departures from Sunderland CREDIT: PA
    Sunderland have also considered Preston North End manger Simon Grayson and Burton Albion boss Nigel Clough and will have to return to the drawing board.
    However, whoever they approach will know they were not the club’s first choice, while the continued uncertainty surrounding the ownership of the club will also undermine Bain’s attempts to persuade someone to takeover.
    A source close to the takeover talks has told Telegraph Sport that the negotiations are at a "delicate stage." That appears to have unsettled McInnes.
    The problem for Sunderland however regarding the takeover, is that, although a basic price has been agreed in principle, the sticking point seems to be how much more will have to be paid to Short if the club return to the Premier League under their new owners.

14. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Just came in have I missed his rousing speech <laugh>

15. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I'm expecting an 'interim' appointment now until the takeover happens. If it happens. Which means recruitment will be all to **** this pre-season.

16. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Talks end with Del Boy.

The end

Next..... ?

17. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Fully expecting Paul Lambert now and relegation to the 1st division. ffs were a bigger effing joke than I thought.

18. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

No surprise there mate, whilst we were waiting for the signings in 2014, he was recruiting investors for an ailing Hong Kong Banking group. He is waste of space, in it for a quick buck, mind you his ****ing ears are surpassed by his fingers..

wire-486863-1493507057-915_634x356.jpg

Yes, ET phoned home you ****ing prick now take the hint, go and finger some intergalactic bints you ugly Texan ****..

No, I never liked him.. ;)

19. Brian Storm

****ing hell how long is his finger!?! <laugh> Nice pick up! Yeah he's a kernt isn't he. Pure business vulture, good for picking the bones of the misfortune.

J๏E.. likes this.
  20. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

And has the fingers for it too..;)

Brian Storm likes this.