1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tactics against Rotherham

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Consett Mag, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

OK we all saw how close the first half was, and we didn't get the breakthrough till the last minute of the half.

But this team was able to break at a pace at times that I didn't think we had.

Our two main strikers are injured yet we bang in four goals.

I partly put this down to us not having either or both of Anita and Colback. Without them in the side, with continuous sideways or backwards passing, we really did look like a side with genuine dynamism.

The situation was that we were playing the division's bottom side. That's fact. But we've just lost 6 points to one of their relegation zone compatriots.

I hope that we can continue in this vein till Gayle is fit and boost the side with a pacy midfielder by then anyway.

But the attacking speed that was shown was a very pleasant surprise and bodes well after our blip.

Obi Wan likes this.
  2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Yedlin must have been drinking rocket fuel as I've seen fast but, boy, he was fast ...both forwards and backwards.

Consett Mag and magpie290761 like this.
  3. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Yeah Yedlin had a great game for us. Matt Ritchie got into some great places to score. Perez and Shelvey both were close with shots. And Clark came close a couple of times with shots just off target. Was like a different team - ok, we were playing the bottom side. If other clubs stick a man on Shelvey, which makes more room for the rest of our midfield, perhaps we shouldn't complain if we get results like this :)

4. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Colback will hopefully never wear the shirt again.