1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swedish Blue Army

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by fieldmarshall, Jun 2, 2011.

1. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

After the Bristol City game we spent a few days in Devon and Cornwall, and while we were there we bumped into a chap wearing an ITFC sweatshirt, it turned out he was Swedish and was over with his family and had been to the Bristol match.
    We had a chat, took some photos, and he told me about the Swedish Blue Army scarf which has a reindeer instead of the Suffolk Punch, sure enough one came through the post today and I shall wear it with pride next season. It goes to show no matter where you are Town fans are a great bunch.

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Indeed they are. The best thing for me was when I was playing footie in London. Someone I worked with lived with an Ipswich fan - there were friends of friends and friends of friends of friends. The whole thing spiralled out of control and before I knew it we were able to play Ipswich vs the rest in training!

And that was at Mile End stadium where Blur famously did their massive gig in the mid-90s.

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Good Thread fieldmarshall

I have Norwegian friends who are big time Townies! I met them a few years back while travelling out there and we've been great friends ever since. They fly over about a dozen times a year to watch some games and we all have a great piss up afterwards! Great people!

4. fieldmarshall

Youre right jonny, I couldnt believe that people from so far away are interested in our little club, so much so that they take their holidays to coincide with our matches! As you say great fans, great people, and terrific scarf. If you see someone wearing one who clearly isnt Swedish come and say hello, it will be me.

5. PioneerBlueinOZ

If we could get the Swedish Chef on board it would definitely trump our feathered friends!

6. cinnamonITFC

cinnamonITFC New Member

Where did you get the scarf from Fieldmarshall? Was it online or from you friend?? If not online, could you grab a picture! I'd like to see this reindeer!

7. fieldmarshall

cinnamon the scarf came from Sweden from our Town fan friends, but I will try probably tomorrow to get a picture on this site it really is worth seeing.