1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea given date for Vorm hearing...

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by seabreeze, Dec 1, 2015.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

...in The Court of Arbitration for Sport.
    Knew this one wasn't going away and is an embarrassment to club for trying to scam money from a club that thought we were trustworthy on their sell on clause......

2. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

How much did we try to tuck them up for,any idea roof?

3. seabreeze

My guess is 600,000 pounds.
    Taking a chance with our transfer reputation throughout the football world , as a Premier League team , over a sum of about 600,000 pounds .
    I doubt Utrecht care about the money as much as the principle , something we lacked terribly on this one I'm afraid.

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be too quick to jump on this Roof, not sure that Utrecht have a solid case............<ok>

5. seabreeze

Damage is already done Phil , regardless of how the case turns out .
    Even though we SEEM to be short on cash these days , I hope Utrecht win their earned money and a lesson in goodwill as opposed to loopholes is learned ...Sorry.

6. seabreeze

Holy fuk...I've changed my mind and hope Utrecht lose this case , just found out if we lose that sanctions are involved.
    Jeez , I feel lately that were playing that party musical game and when the music stops ...were the only one left without a chair man.......if Ultrecht win , will it just be financial sanction I wonder , points could never be deducted or anything I hope.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  7. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I do agree but apparently Vorm went on a free, that is a bit of a piss take, but if spurs back us then I suppose they have no case.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  8. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

It is amazing how stuff comes back so very late after the event. This happened a long time ago. But I read (also on BBC) that this is likely to go away since it is an appeal against an existing FIFA decision that went Swansea's way. However, while I don't remember the detail, it does seem strange that an international goalkeeper went on a free? Then again, FIFA's reputation is not much to go on either.....but they MUST get some things right?

9. seabreeze

How many players , with years left on their contract , have gone on a free transfer and why doesn't it happen more often ?
    Why don't all clubs , that have a player with years left on their contract and have that player not working out for various reasons and have a sell on clause , pull this off by tagging him on to another player swap?
    Why did the club say originally that Vorm went for an undisclosed amount?
    Win or lose , how much will it cost us defending this event up to and including the Jan arbitration hearing in legal fees so what is really gained fianacially ?
    Some of these questions are answered , in one way or another simply by clubs wanting to guard their future transfer reputations and their moral reputations in general .
    This event was a no win event for us , fianacially and morally. Imo .

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

But were Swansea and Vorn at odds? I seem to remember he was something of a hero and was going places......both in the UK and in the Dutch team?

11. seabreeze

From an article in Mail on line , dated July 23 2014 at 19:11 GMT , it seems that we confirm Vorm went to Spurs for 3.5 million , which seems to align with our "Undisclosed amount " release on the official website.
    My take on Vorm and the club frank is that Vorm was one of many players who were displeased at not only the sacking of Laudrup , but the manner in which the sacking took place and had to be shipped out with the rest that showed displeasure , but that's just my take .Also , Vorm still had close communication with Ultrecht and was transferring casual information to his old club which irritated Jenkins to no end and is likely the reason for Jenkins pulling the "Stunt "....just an opinion though.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  12. DragonPhilljack

I think you might be entering the realms of fantasy there Roof, if you don't mind me saying..........<laugh>

seabreeze likes this.
  13. seabreeze

In my opinion this is how the true deal went.
    Player values : Siggy (10 million ) , Davies (8.5 million ) Vorm ( 5 million )
    Tottenham got Davies and Vorm , we got Siggy and 3.5 million .
    The club , from their own admission , say the Vorm deal stood alone .
    Seriously , who lets a quality keeper go on a free transfer that has 2 years left on his contract ....it's unheard of basically and points directly at a lie .

14. DragonPhilljack

Smoke and Mirrors Roof, smoke and mirrors, Huw does like them on occasions............<laugh>

15. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

I thought it was;

We gave them Vorm, they gave us Siggy.
    We gave them Davies, they gave us 10m.

Therefore Vorm would be classed as a free transfer as it was a player exchange.

16. seabreeze

So does that mean Siggy was also a free transfer?
    That would be really stretching it .
    Almost every article on the day of the deal says it's been "Confirmed " that Vorm went for 5million .
    Coupled with our own website saying he went for "An Undisclosed Amount" seals the deal for my opinion on what happened M