1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v. Sunderland

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

What a difference a week makes in football.....It's a funny old game and no mistake...<laugh>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Yeah with no striker. What good are wingers with no one to aim for?

4. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Yes Leon was like the Leon of old, but lets not underestimate the role young Jay played yesterday, he was quite rightly superb!! For me, it was the reason Leon was the Leon of old....
    The young lad has a fine engine, great temperament, is solid & with no less technique too. Has all the 'drive' that Cork doesn't have, right now. Take 'note' Baab!!!!

All of them can hold their heads up for sheer effort & guts, they were 'all in it together' celebrating each goal, that really says something & gives us a real chance.

First half was pretty woeful as far as any creativity was concerned, Wayne was one of the worst with his chronic crossing attempts. Effort you can't fault him, but he really needs to up it, because we can't carry on like that. Monty showed yet again, when he's on it, no one in the club can touch him with those beautiful, floating centres, food & drink for someone like Llorente!! Let's keep our striker on the pitch Bob, the guy needs game time, give him 'decent' ball too & he'll return...

Taylor played really well, so did Rangel too, our Club means the world to this fella. The centre 2, wow, are they what we've been searching for?? I won't get carried away, but lets give these two, injuries aside, a run of at least 3 or 4 games to 'bed in'!! Amat seemed far more assured alongside Mawson, maybe just maybe... Also Mawson could've felt more comfortable the fact he was playing on the 'right' too, when alongside VdH, he assumes that position.

Gylfi, beautiful Gylfi, the guy is keeping us together, thank fvck for that...

Finally, nice touch by Bob to enable Fernando to receive the feeling of 'love' from the fans by bringing him off after doing his work...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  5. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

I loved the second goal, reminded me of a great goal scored by Danny Graham in a victory around this time of year in out first season in the Prem, against Fulham I think

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  6. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Keep the 'predictions' coming Dragon, with your help we might just get ourselves out of this mess... <laugh>

7. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Got the score line slightly wrong, but still keeping the faith. I have just got back from Edinburgh and did I have a smile on my face and a few last night. Was to talking to a local barman on Thursday and is a massive Swans fane and was traveling to his first game. His reason for supporting the Swans was he loved the fact that there was a small club other than English, rocking the PL boat.

In looking at that result, I didn't believe our home form would e a problem, still think we will pick up our share of wins, What concerns me now is can we get anything away from home. That is where we need to improve.

8. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good wishes guys. We had the do at Oldwalls and were getting updates every fews minutes. Seen the highlights - looks like a well deserved win for us. Hangover from hell today. :emoticon-0175-drunk

9. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Liverpool Fcuking left us down today the ****ers....Klippety Klopp you tosser......<steam>

10. bigkidderz

bigkidderz Well-Known Member

I wasn't best man, but one of the groomsmen for Kiff's son. Hungover like a bitch today but a great wedding. A good day all round yesterday with the wedding and the Swans!

As I mentioned on the other thread, say what you want about our season so far, but in our last 11 matches, the only two losses that you can say we potentially shouldn't have lost are Stoke away and Southampton away (both places that we usually lose anyway). All of the other losses were against traditional Top 6 teams. Now we finally have a chance to build some confidence. Forget the 5-0 loss to Spurs moving forward - we've won 2 of our last 3 matches and have 5 winnable fixtures coming up. We've got 2 away fixtures to West Brom and Boro this week - if we can come away with 2-4 points (I realistically think we'll draw both), that would be a good return. 6 points and we'll have probably put a cushion between us and the bottom 3 which would be incredible considering.

Last on MotD after winning 3-0 in a bottom of the table crunch match? Ridiculous, but a sense of normality at least. Better than being on first getting hammered!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016

11. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

A line up that had defence , attack and wingers that could be recognised as " Normal " ....more of the same from here with both Britton " defensively " and Llorente " Striking " and we may very well crawl out of the mess made till now .

swans-m likes this.
  12. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

He was injured. Either cramp or an injury just after we went 2-0 up. I thought he was going to go off, but he stayed on and scored the third, but then HAD to go off!

seabreeze likes this.
  13. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

A 'groomsman'?? Is that the modern day equivalent of an usher?

My general rule of thumb is that the game with the most goals gets shown first and a 0-0 draw will be last. Strangely enough, our 3-0 win yesterday was the game with the fewest goals.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  14. bigkidderz

bigkidderz Well-Known Member

Yeah - think I've been watching too many films. It's just the American word for usher. I'll wash my mouth out now.

Kifflom! and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  15. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

BigKidderz only had to say "You can sit over there!". Good job. <laugh>

16. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

A bit of reverse engineering won't go amis!!........<laugh>

17. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

After giving up 9 goals in 2 games , the clean sheet is almost as welcome as the 3 points . Got an entire different outlook after this one , I'm hope Bradley sticks with the basics of this game , and not revert back to no striker and keeps Britton in till he drops .Also , I'm not sure why Moyes changed from tactics that gave him a bit of success of late .. but I'm not complaining he went more to 442 than the 433... well done Moyesy

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    DragonPhilljack, Kifflom! and swans-m like this.