1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-3-27_9-0-10.png Swansea City v Middlesbrough upload_2017-3-27_9-0-10.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Sunday 2nd April 2017
    Kick off - 13:30
    Venue - The Liberty Stadium

Following the International Break for World Cup 2018 qualification matches, the Swans return to action with yet another 6-pointer - this time against fellow relegation rivals Boro.

Earlier in the season the Swans were trounced 3-0 by Boro who recently sacked Manager Aitor Karanka. In many respects, nothing but a victory is needed by both sides.

The Swans need to recover the improved form shown under (relatively new) Manager Paul Clement and put more distance between themselves and the relegation zone, whilst 'Boro need to close the gap and drag the Swans towards them.

The teams have played each other on 43 occasions previously, with the Swans winning 15, 'Boro 19 and 9 drawn matches.

I remember being at the Vetch in 1981 to watch the teams meet in a 3rd Round FA Cup match - my own game had been called off. Never seen such a one sided match - we battered them from start to finish but couldn't score: they seemingly had 5 attempts and scored every time......

Looking ahead to Sunday, my heart and my head both say that the Swans will return to winning ways, 2-1 <cheers>

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    DragonPhilljack and Kwame B like this.
  2. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

3-0, Gylfi and a Llorente double.

3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Nothing but a win will do, lets hope the injured are back.................<ok>

4. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Injuries and away games were our downfall the last few games , healing and home games will be our revival the next few . Got a good feeling for this one ... 4 - 1 Swans

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I will take a 1-0 win all day long because if we lose or draw then we deserve to be one of the favourites to return to the championship. Even if we do win we wont be guaranteed survival now as we are reliant on other teams and after a positive start to Clems reign then we have had some really bad results that really should have put us safe......Our defence has been our weakest link and still is that you can bet Boro will exploit for sure, Gylfi Has not performed to his usual standard either. If there is any game that can be called a Must Win game then this has to be it so far this season..........Any score as long as we win...

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  6. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Must win. It's as simple as that.

7. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Agreed. Technically - mathematically - it's not a must win but if we can't beat those around us we're headed for the drop.

8. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

If there ever was a must win this is it! I hope i am right in saying 3-1!

9. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

The infamous Bobby Madley is the referee on Sunday - odds on Boro getting the rub of the green from him?

Jon Moss appointed for the Spurs game - he reffed at White Hart Lane when that cheating tosser Dele Ali dived and he (Moss) gave a penalty.....

10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Bad feeling about this game...I got back some confidence under Clem in his first few games but that has turned out to be a False confidence I fear.....He has been hopeless in recent games and I hope this international break has woke him up that you have to be at your utmost best not just at the start of your reign but every game because the premiership will not take any prisoners and will quickly expose you as not good enough. Lose at home again playing a poor side like Boro then you are not the right manager for us ..........

11. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Boro have been good defensively but weak in attack. So the first thing is to make sure we keep a clean sheet and stating the obvious one goal will do.

12. nifta

nifta Active Member

Keeping Defoe out will be a challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

What's Defoe got to do with this game?

14. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

This is a must win game imo, especially when you factor in that we're at home and that this is a six pointer. Psychologically it could be catastrophic if we lose this one. Can't see that happening though, I believe there is a lot of fight left in our team. As for Boro, well we just don't know what with Karankas demise. Agnew seems young and hungry for the job and he could have an effect on Boro and how they play. We don't even know how they'll set up because Agnew is a complete unknown.

Other games this weekend include:

Chelsea V Palace - Home win
    Hull V West Ham - Draw
    Burnley V Spurs - Home win
    Watford V Sunderland - Home Win
    Leicester V Stoke - Home Win

I predict all home wins except Hull to draw. We have to win on Sunday, because we're home, because its a six pointer, because we want to keep pace with those teams ahead of us and because we don't want to get caught again by those behind hence its a must win game imo.

We're good enough to win and win we will, 3-0 Swans

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  15. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

You think Burnley will beat Spurs ?

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  16. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Bounce of the ball seems to be going their way Stereo and its the kind of game Spurs don't like. Burnley likes to get stuck in while Spurs don't.

Burnley are pretty consistent at home winning 3 out of their last four and drawing the other one against Chelsea. Spurs, on the other hand, are are pretty erratic away and prone to lower clubs. They did draw against Citeh but then they were lucky to scrape a draw against Sunderland.

I reckon if Burnley get stuck in they'll have them edge.

swanseaandproud and seabreeze like this.
  17. DragonPhilljack

That's the only bit I disagree with you on Stumpy, Spurs have too much serious fire power and pace, Burnley will get torched without doubt!.....<cheers>

Stumpy likes this.
  18. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Hope you're right Phill <ok>

19. DragonPhilljack

You can kick me if I'm wrong!!...........<laugh>

Taffvalerowdy and seabreeze like this.
  20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

And even if you're right <whistle>