1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea City : The Fall and Rise.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by LIBERTARIAN, May 20, 2013.

1. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

Yet the only reasom RM joined as a player, was because Flynn wanted to play football out of our predicament. Without Flynn, there would be no RM, no Leon, no Swansea way and no result against Hull. Great to see the little Port Talbot man remembered.

2. stevejack

stevejack Active Member

Excellent point swim. I was gonna rep that but I have to spread it around first apparantley.

3. swimaway

U tart

4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Im sure leon has had his teeth fixed sinse he joined us 10 years ago..<laugh> I remember going round with buckets them days collecting to pay part of his wages and not on match days having a pot of paint or whitewash in one hand and i paint brush in the other, it might have been tough times but it never broke our spirit.....The vetch was a mess and looked even worse when nobody but the workers were there but we never gave up....remember the toilets...jesus try going in there on the monday, you have to wear wellies and the stench was horrendous, needless to say i hid a few times when that job came up...great but hard times....

5. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Dai, you had to bring up the toilets. You needed a gas mask on to go in the north bank toilets, and make sure you pull your jeans up otherwise the would be covered in piss. Happy days though!!!

6. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Just watched it on I-Player , have to say I had a lump in my throat going through some of the emotions all over again, some of them I was there to witness some of them I was abroad with work but I still feel as emotional now as I was then when it all was happening . Alovely piece of work from the BBC.

One thing stuck in my mind (apart from Daiswan telling Martinez to play "4-4-2 next year" ) and that was when one of the guys mentioned meeting friends on a Saturday and not always knowing who you were playing, that was so true! we would all meet up in the Bryn-y mor drink till aout 2.50pm (always time for a quick short!!) hot foot it down to the vetch,pay on the gate and cuddle into the north bank avoiding that ridiculous supporting pillar iif you were lucky! then somebody in our group would say"by the way,who the **** are we playing today!!"

Bloody good times they were! every sat game was a 3pm kick off, never worried about not being together in the stand or not getting in and it always felt like the Vetch was like a living breathing organic life form that we were all plugged into. It could turn a sane person mad for 90mins !! :)

7. swimaway

Memories, like the corner of my mind,
    Stinky piss coloured memories,
    Of the way we were.

Splattered **** stains,
    From the turds we left behind,
    God we really hate those toilets,
    Of the way we were.

Vetch+Field+x13.jpg

8. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Nought wrong with the toilets - they had character.................but no taps, so after a piss it was straight out without washing your hands to buy a Lewis pie mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

9. swimaway

10. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Some of my favourite memories of the Vetch and the different stands/terraces:

Northbank: Toshacks header against Chesterfield. Left the stadium covered in sweat after singing all night and had to pay an underage visit to the offy in Argyle Street for a flagon of bow to drink on Swansea Beach

Old East Terrace: Queuing from midday to see Georgie Best play for Northern Ireland. Wales won 1-0 with Tony Millington in goal

Main Stand: Swans v Bradford Park Avenue. My first match and the Swans won 5-0

Double Decker: Swans 5 Leeds 1. Took my old man to the game as I had just got a job. What a match - Curts goal being the pick of the bunch.

West Lower - Swans 2 Spurs 2. I was in with the Spurs fans - they just let me in as the Northbank was full. An interesting night <yikes>

Family Stand - the start of a new era as I now started taking my own kids. Trundle and Andy Robinson being the stars........

11. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Never mind the monday , on match day it had a fug in the air which I don't think i ever experienced any where else and you left with the guarantee of your hems on your jeans slightly moist :emoticon-0106-cryin

12. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

"The glorious Vetch in technicolour".

Ah,what it is to have adoring fans. Eat your heart out guys.

13. LIBERTARIAN

The Vetch Field was my second home,and I was immensely proud to be a North Banker.

14. noeinstein

noeinstein New Member

Hello, have any recorded this and can you please make a torrent ? I have been following the swans since the mid 70thies and would love to watch this show.

15. LIBERTARIAN

Hi einstein,if you have access to the BBC Sport - Wales page,it's there,top right hand corner.

16. noeinstein

noeinstein New Member

Hi, I live in Norway and this show is for uk only :-(

17. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

I recorded it, managed to get it off the Humax... and it is decrypted. Nobody has ever managed to decrypt their files.

18. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

God dag Noeinstein ! If you want to see the BBC show download expat shield(just google it) it will give you a UK IP address enabling you to watch UK TV over in Norway <ok>

19. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

Bradford PA - if I remember correctly, it had been snowing but the game still went ahead.

Leed Utd: I was sitting in the front row of the upper deck of the East Stand. Great game.

Northern Ireland: Tony made a brilliant save on a direct free kick from outside the box that Best chip or curved around the wall - tough to see exactly since I was in the Enclosure. Ronnie Rees, then with Forest, scored our winner.

Spurs: that was the game Tommy Smith took out Ardiles. Best tackle ever. Went up to London for the replay, which we won. White Hart Lane is quite a distance from the local train station up the main street - one hell of a walk back after we stuffed them - Spurs' supporters were hunting us down in packs.

20. noeinstein

noeinstein New Member

Thank you very much Norway Jack. Expat shield worked very well <party>.

Good programme about my favorite club !