1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sven and his millions

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Danger Fox

Danger Fox New Member

Oh, sorry, so we weren't bottom after 9 games of last season with 5 points sorry dumbo, I thought we were

2. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

i dont think leicester will do that great, they are spending alot of money but they havnt bought anyone thats really that good, try prove me wrong but i dont think they pose anywhere near as much a threat as west ham do

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The bookies favourites are Fester, so they believe them to be good enough to win the league. Yes they've had to show ambition and invest in Svens vision, but the money is in the premiership. Fester obviously decided that WEst Ham and Birmingham were odds-on favourites to bounce straight back up and have massive parachute payments and squads to do it. So Sven had to convince his board that without funds they would be in obscurity for a few years due to the unfair parachute system. The club have backed him and if it works he'll be a hero and the club are minted. If he fails then the club could be in trouble. I suspect he's too good a coach to allow failure

4. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

Good :) work a bit crazy and be glad for a week off soon......

Seem to be all over the place work wise....but not all bad to travel...

roll on 22 days...cant wait till we all get going...cant come soon enough!

5. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

Doesn't mean jack.. did you see where we were in to the first 9 games. We'd taken a 5-1 thrashing of Barnsley, a 6-4 thrashing of preston and a 4-1 thrashing of Cardiff City and also a defeat against Derby & Of course your lot!!

You had the best squad in the league next to cardiff last season and you both ****ed it up! i knew i was talking to a 5 year old when you mentioned that lovely elephant! Come back when you know what your talking about

6. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

If you think Stockdale can't command his box you're in for a massive surprise with Schmeichel! <laugh>

7. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

We'll see how commanding Schmeichel is when he has to take control of a new defence and a lot of new faces that haven't played together as a team.

Let's hope it doesn't go tits up eh!!!??

8. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

Leicester will probably win the league. They've got a manager who knows how to win league titles and they've made some good signings (although very overpriced).

I do hope they fail though. I hate clubs being completely funded by their rich chairman. The sooner these UEFA financial fair play rules come in, the better.

9. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

do you guys not think sven is a very overrated manager? i certainly do, hes never done anything that good with a team, to me he seems quite average

10. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

Well overated mate. He's been bank rolled where ever he has been and within that, he has left a trail of devastation behind him everywhere he went!

11. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Me the same, one of these days I might get a holiday lol

12. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

In regards to the thread, how will Leicester be able to comply to the FIFA fair play thing if they don't go up ? How will they abide by the 65% of income maximum on wages on the 2012/13 season ?

I would bet there would be a fire sale coming if they fail in promotion ! IMO you should only spend what you have, none of this gambling to go up!

13. Boris86

Boris86 Active Member

We are spending what we have.

The owners have sponsored the stadium, which is a valid revenue that will allow them to put as much money as they want into the club. Its a massive loop hole that they havnt closed. It's similar to what man city did.

14. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

Rubbish not a single club in the championship can bankroll what your doing, were twice the size of Leicester city and yet we can't put nearly 10 mil into the club to spend. Which don't forget includes wages and overheads.

15. Penshawdave

Penshawdave Well-Known Member

Deep pockets and an unzipped fly.<whistle>

Thats the best way to get up ....in any walk of life. <sorry>

16. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

And when it's closed you will be buggered if you don't go up, really finding loopholes to get around the fair play rules is not good, your club signed up to abide to the spirit of this in 2012/3 season, do you know why Leeds and the Swans are actually in profit? It's because they only spend what we can afford, that is why no matter our standing now we will not be irresponsible even if it means relegation !

17. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

amen to that!

18. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

Leicester have always been good at finding loopholes throughout their most recent history.

Naughty little foxes.

19. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was speaking to a guy play football with and he reckons the new 'financial fair play' rules are so easy to get around

You just buy a club calender or whatever from the club shop with your personal business for how ever much you want.

20. Boris86

Boris86 Active Member

We're not buggered if we dont go up, the club will be no worse off, the owners will be but that is their choice, they are the ones paying for everything. Our owners will continue to finance because their interest in the club is in extending their King Power brand across europe rather than as a play thing like Chelsea and Man City are to their owners. As such, failure to follow through with their project will be perceived as a failure of King Power.

And if we dont go up, which is highly likely cause I dont personally rate our squad that highly, the Uefa finance rules only stop teams from playing in Europe, so really, its quite irrelevant for a team 10 times small than you.

Talking of loopholes, if your talking about our venture into administration 10 years ago, that wasnt a loophole because it wasnt even a rule, and of course it was absolutely fine that Ipswich were in administration around the same times as us because they werent promoted at the time.