1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland vs the Champions

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by BigFox, Dec 3, 2016.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I am going to get as much mileage out of calling us the champions as I can...

Leicester
    • Zieler
    • Simpson
    • 5Morgan
    • Huth
    • Fuchs
    • Mahrez
    • King
    • Amartey
    • Albrighton
    • Vardy
    • Slimani
    Substitutes
    • Hernández
    • Musa
    • Hamer
    • Schlupp
    • Okazaki
    • Gray
    • Mendy
    Anyway we are being mullered so far - is all Sunderland and the first 10 min is full of desperate defending.

Stream is here if you can stand it http://www.vipbox.is/soccer/394748/2/sunderland-vs-leicester-city-live-stream-online.html

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Am not really sure what to make of that half - Sunderland had more possession and looked dangerous whenever they attacked but I don't think Zieler has had to make a proper save and we look more likely to score as the match went on.

This is what BBC have to say and I agree.

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Okazaki has made it 2-1 - we need another last minute surge to get a point against the bottom team of the Premier League...

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Shambolic defending... Simpson injury means it will at least have to change things ... about the only positive I can find ...:)

5. Soulfox

Soulfox New Member

Wasn't expecting to win the Prem this season but this is more than just disappointing. I appreciate other teams have "sussed us out" but where is the fight.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Oh dear.

7. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

At least next season I'll be able to buy a ticket again............................when we're in the Championship.

Seriously though I'm really starting to worry now.

8. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

He left for Chelsea, mate <ok>

9. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

It's just a case of getting by with as little damage as pos, till we can hopefully get some creative midfield in the window.

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Kante might have been the most note worthy but everyone was running around and fighting last season - the likes of Vardy and Huth are both absolute shells of themselves.

11. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I said last season that you should have cashed in on Vardy, Mahrez and whoever else you could have got money for.

Last season was tremendous, and I don't think I'll ever witness anything like that again in my lifetime. Well done to you all.

Realistically, you were never going to challenge again this season, so my thinking was you should have cashed in on the players in their prime and rebuilt the squad with some of the money and banked the rest, to consolidate yourself as a premiership club.

You'd be lucky to get above 10m for Vardy, now. You could have probably got 25m - 30m for him in the summer. Same with Mahrez, you could have literally got close to 50m for him. I doubt you'd even get half of that now.

Same with Kone for us in the summer. We could have got 20m for him, we'll do well to get half of that now. Clubs like us and you, sometimes have to cash in our assets when we can get maximum returns for them.

12. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

The position was that Ranieri wanted to offer the players that had won the title the chance to show what they could do in the Champions League. They had earned that right. However those players have let him and the rest of the team down big time in the Prem. If it's as if they just see that as a sideshow. While I have to admire Ranieri's loyalty it's a shame that the players haven't shown the same loyalty back to their team mates, manager and the club's owners.

FosseFilberto likes this.