1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland Vs Hull City Official Sunderland Not606 Match Thread

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Sunderland Vs Hull City
    Official Sunderland Not606 Match Thread

please log in to view this image

Stadium Of Light

Match Appointments
    Referee:Mike Jones
    Assistants:A Halliday, M Scholes
    Forth Official:M Naylor
    Sunderland Team News
    INJURIES
    S Fletcher-Calf/Shin Injury-no return date
    L Cattermole-Calf/Shin Injury-no return date
    C Cuellar-Hip/Thigh Injury-8th Feb 14
    K Westwood-Shoulder Injury-no return date
    Hull Team News
    INJURIES
    J Chester-Hamstring Injury-8th Mar 14
    J Dudgeon-Knee Injury-8th Feb 14
    S Aluko-Calf/Shin-Injury-8th Feb 14
    Poyet

Bruce

One To Watch

ADAM JOHNSON
    This is why.

-----

-----

-----

Last 4 Meetings
    [table="width: 500, class: grid, align: center"]
    [tr]
    [td]Season[/td]
    [td]Date[/td]
    [td]Home[/td]
    [td]Score[/td]
    [td]Away[/td]
    [td]Competition[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]2013/2014[/td]
    [td]Sat 02 Nov[/td]
    [td]Hull City[/td]
    [td]1-0[/td]
    [td]Sunderland[/td]
    [td]Premier League[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]2009/2010[/td]
    [td]Sat 24 Apr[/td]
    [td]Hull City[/td]
    [td]0-1[/td]
    [td]Sunderland[/td]
    [td]Premier League[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]2009/2010[/td]
    [td]Sat 12 Sep[/td]
    [td]Sunderland[/td]
    [td]4-1[/td]
    [td]Hull City[/td]
    [td]Premier League[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]2008/2009[/td]
    [td]Sat 18 Apr[/td]
    [td]Sunderland[/td]
    [td]1-0[/td]
    [td]Hull City[/td]
    [td]Premier League[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]​

What the 'Experts' Say

Lawrenson
    Sunderland's win at Newcastle was a great result and I was particularly impressed by Black Cats manager Gus Poyet, who did not make a big song and dance about that win, but has turned the whole club around.
    Hull need a win after losing every league game they played in January. They only drew with Tottenham last weekend but might have nicked the three points there.
    I don't think Steve Bruce's side are as bad as their recent form suggest and, once Shane Long and Nikica Jelavic click, they will start scoring goals and they will be fine.
    Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Merson

Stats n Facts
    • Sunderland have won 6 of the last 7 meetings between the two clubs.
    • During those 7 meetings Sunderland have put away an impressive 13 goals. Hull have scored just 4.
    • Hull City failed to score a single league goal in the month of January. In contrast Sunderland managed to net a respectable 7.
    • Sunderland stand 5th in the Premier League form table picking up 11 points from their last 6 games. Hull lie 17th picking up just 4 points in their last 6 games.
    • Saturdays clash with Hull City will be Sunderland's 10th game of 2014 just a week into February.
    • The previous 9 games yielded 6 wins, 2 defeats and a single draw. Scoring a very impressive 17 goals and conceding just 7.
    • Sunderland's on loan midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng has a very impressive 91.3% pass success rate, Followed by Jack Colback with 87.4% . Jake Livermore is Hull's top passer with 82.2%.

Betting

Streams

Click here in the run up to kick off

2. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

If we perform at one half of last Saturday's effort we will win. Money on Jozey as first scorer?

3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Jozy is 4/1 favourite to be first goalscorer, probably as a result of the Hull connection.

More tempting is Jozy first goal in first 20 minutes, at 14/1, that's a nice bet.

Best paying goalscorer market and one I always have a crack at, you'll get 10/1 on someone like Aguero to do it at the Etihad, it's a goldmine I tell yee!

Shane Long first goal, but Sunderland win, is 45/1, now that, is getting a little tickle from me.

Long first, Sunderland 3-1, my fancy, I took at 200/1, ridiculous price.

Jozy to score what would be the most unlikely of hat-tricks is a 40/1 shot, I'd want 10 times that, frankly, only 9's on him to get 2.

All odds from Bet365.

4. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

I'm going with Jozy to score first and us to win 3-0 and i'll have the same at 3-1, haven't a clue what the odds are cos this damn works network blocks gambling sites.

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

3-0 is 50/1 and 3-1 is 65/1. Both good prices.

6. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I've had a few quid on Altidore and Long ......... mind you, the Hull supporters seem to know something.

Loads predicting an easy away win and 2 or 3 goals for a side with a ****e away record, rubbish current form & only 1 goal this year.

They've just lost away to Palace & Norwich away but are expecting an easy win in the North East.

Does anyone think they have inside info <yikes>

Great match thread BTW <ok>

7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I think they are aware of Bruce phenomenal record in the month of February at this level with all of his previous clubs, and as such expect a landslide.

I believe it's 1 win in 3 years in January or February for the handsome beast, off the top if my head. That would be 1 in over 20 games.

That said, they have Jelavic now, and he has a great goals record, having bagged 7 in his last 46 games.

Shane Long has a remarkably impressive 11 in 45, so we really must be bricking it defensively.

8. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

I'll say, cheers mate, will be making a phone call to my son to stick something on for me. Just fancy Jozy to score mate.

9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

If he's gonna score, it'd typically be in this game.

The last 2 games will have given him confidence, he's been quality and deserves a goal.

I'm determined to get behind the lad, thought he came across great on his Sky interview, and you never know.

Marcus Stewart was woeful for us goals wise first season, bagged a shedload thereafter. It happens.

10. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

What I don't get is why the Hull posters claim we're thinking it'll be easy and that we're underestimating them.
    I've seen no one saying that other than to wind them up.

Yet, on their own board they're predicting 3-0, 3-1 and other scores where both of their 'super-strikers' score.

Bit of hypocrisy tbh.

11. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Tough game and if following beating Stoke 1-0 we have overcome the problem of winning at home...we have a chance to win which we need bearing in mind the next 3 away fixtures, where we could pick up points, but then again could end up with nothing. We just have to win our home games against those in the bottom half of the table and we will be ok ..5 wins needed. Hull have some easier home fixtures coming up, so it is not a must win for them as it is for us.

I did not hate Bruce, I wanted him out cos' he lost too many matches..he has done a good job at Hull...but not this Saturday, we must start well once again

12. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

It's more a game not to lose, rather than must win. For me its got 1-1 written all over it!

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You just made that up.

Nobody is expecting an easy game and we haven't even started our score prediction thread for this weekend yet.

14. CyprusMackem

CyprusMackem Active Member

Got to admit I've only seen one predicting a 0-3 loss for us. Most Hull fans saying they would be happy with a draw on Saturday.
    I'm hoping for a 2-0 win for the lads but it's footy. Owt can happen.

15. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

For me this is a pivotal home game, when we beat Fulham 4-1 then at home quickly found ourselves 2-0 down to saints. To fight back and draw that game was a testament to the character and spirit within the team Gus has built. I believe this will be the game when we either move another step closer or take another one back. I think we'll win 2-0 nil ki to score early & ginger colback to seal it late on. FTM

16. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Having seen every Hull City away game this season, except Arsenal and Palace which were both midweek, can I add my tuppence worth ?
    The only teams who have over ran Hull this season away from home are Chelsea in the first game of the season and also Mourinho's home coming and Southampton.
    Chelsea were untouchable for the first 25 minutes and took a 2-0 lead. Bruce started the game with last season's Championship squad and changed it when he realised his team were like rabbits caught in a poachers 4 x 4 headlights.
    After that the game was very even and finished 2-0 to Chelsea.
    We played Saints away the game after they had three players picked for the England squad and with Roy Hodgeson sat in the stands wearing a red and white scarf.
    They blew us away with the help of a very early dodgy penalty, a deflection and a good individual goal from Alanada? All in the space of the first 30 mins. We regrouped, scored and dominated the rest of the game and fell for a sucker punch in the last minute to lose 4-1, our biggest defeat of the season.
    We might have only one victory under our belts away from home but no-one has outplayed us over 90 mins. All the games have been close with Spurs beating us 1-0 with a last minute very controversial penalty and WBA scraping a 1-1 draw in the last seconds. Norwich did exactly the same, last second corner bundled home to win 1-0 after we had battered them. Palace, one attack, one goal. I'd be here all day if I described all the others. But take my word for it 50% of our away results could have gone either way.
    As for Jozy opening the scoring at 4/1 I wouldn't touch it with your money if he was 400/1.
    We have a new forward line for Saturday, they scored one last week v Spurs, hit the post with another, and had a couple cleared off the line. That was the first time they had played together for City. Today we have a game behind closed doors with Aluko who hasn't played since getting crocked at Newcastle in Sept yet he is still our leading scorer, making a comeback.
    Its time we got something at the SoL.
    And we are coming for three points.
    Enjoy.

17. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I don't know any Hull fans who are predicting a 3-0 win. A draw away from home would be a good point, we know that, but we are optimistic simply because we have a £14m plus forward line who looked very capable last week when we ran Spurs ragged at times.
    I agree Owt can, and probably will happen.

18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd agree with most of what you've said, but I thought we were absolutely crap against Norwich and deserved to lose.

19. CyprusMackem

<yikes> Jack to score again??? I'd love it but cant see it.

Alti and Bardo for me although it be nice if Scocco gets a game and bangs in three. Saying that don't care if we play crap and get a lucky own goal as long as we win.

20. CyprusMackem

"I think we will win Cyprus cos we have Jelly and The Rat
    3-0 should do it"

..."The Rat". Take it he's one of yours?