1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland v Chelsea match thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by chelsea - over 100 years of history, Nov 28, 2014.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

So late kick off tomorrow in the north east.

If we can bang in 5 away in Germany we should be winning games like this and I expect us to. However they beat us twice last year and Poyet can fire them up for the big games.

Hoping for a comfortable win, expecting a narrow one.

I also imagine we'll be largely unchanged from mid week. Jose seems pretty settled on his 11 now. Maybe Ramires of Schurrle though as options

2. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

.....Black Cats 1 Chelsea 3 is my prediction.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Think we might have finally put the CL "post travel slump" days behind us. Yet this won't be a cakewalk. A narrow win for mine, but can't really see a loss happening. Stick my neck out and go for 2-1.

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I really think we will walk this, 0-3. I am thinking the score will be the same at half time, take the foot off the gas and then save themselves for harder battles to come. Poyet will get them up for it but I fear for them as the blue machine rolls on. I don't dislike Sunderland or their supporters, but fear for them. They will get nothing tomorrow and will be relying on games against lesser teams for their survival. Oh wait they beat us twice last year!

5. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

Inwood : A bit like the roker roar.
    Dfer : More like a wearside whine.

I not heard such a partisan crowd all season. Howls of grievous injustice even when a blackcat has blatantly fouled a Chelsea player and the ref gives it. Stop their flow Gus has obviously said. Can't complain as we all seen Chelsea play the same, but the fans, have they ever seen a match before? Are the Sunderland fans even interested in football or is it all about pride? No pride in being so blinkered. Sad, very sad. That said Sunderland plan seems to be working. Chelsea need to kick back a little and take some cards.

6. King Ossie64

King Ossie64 Well-Known Member

Don't think I've ever seen a team whose football was based on WWF and rugby rules. if that's called resolute defending then the rules of contact have got to change. Chelsea were denied at least two clear cut penalties for manhandling that would not have been out of place at Twickenham or in the ring.

7. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

This is the start of the blip

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Sunderland will now be praised for some sort of tactical defensive masterclass when all it was was constant fouls and man handling in the box. Refs really need to be told to give more pens for grappling. Unbelievable what defenders get away with.

9. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Stop ignoring that Costa should have been sent off when you talk about decisions

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Not our best game, Fab off the boil a tad and perhaps the attack could be a bit more direct. Plenty of shots and openings, but no cigars today. Pathetic handling by the ref of goal mouth rugby tackles, and in fact pretty soft on the home team all day. Was never going to be easy, but with a little bit of common sense by the ref, one dead set penalty would have been given. Unless refs get on top of such tactics, everyone will be on the rugby bandwagon by Christmas.
    However, we didn't find an answer and really should have. On a brighter note, our defending was again terrific especially when Sunderland were throwing everything at us for ten mins or so towards the end. Two points dropped I think, but that's football. No need to jump off the cliff .

11. Schwerer Gustav

Schwerer Gustav Well-Known Member

Friend was a joke today, we had stone wall 3 free kicks not given which led to Tauricco being sent to the stands, Costa would have had a red if O'Shea had not simply got up and ran to take up his his position.

We did enough to deserve a point, you did not do enough to merit all 3.

You will win the league and I do not mind that one bit.

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Exactly. We were lucky to get a point in the end.

Top of the league!

Three points v Spuds and a point v Newcastle would be great.

13. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We were crap today but that's a game we'd have lost last season. Don't see what all the fuss is about? Arsenal aside City haven't played anyone remotely decent away from home yet and at the tough grounds they've been to I.e Loftus Road/Upton Park they've come unstuck.

14. King Ossie64

Please go and do one if all your going to do is be your usual obnoxious self. <ok>

15. JCC87

JCC87 Member

Remy non-existent when he came on. Schurrle not given long enough.

16. King Ossie64

in open play you're probably right, O'gay should have been penalised and a penalty awarded when he man handled Costa to the ground. O'gay ran off quickly in an attempt to fool the referee that there was minimal contact. But your black cats will not go down and you only have to draw half of your remaining games to stay up.

17. Stan

Stan Stalker

O'gay? Seriously?

Throwback alert!

18. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

There was nothing in that at all, although I suppose you've seen so many opposition players sent off for that type of thing at OT you think it's justified.

19. King Ossie64

Nothing wrong in calling a gay a gay old boy. its politically quite correct.

20. King Ossie64

Wasting your time Miggins they're all up their own arses. how times have changed and they still spew ****e.