1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Burnley - Saturday 7th January KO 15:00 FA Cup 3rd Round

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Jan 6, 2017.

?

Your Prediction

1. Home win

17 vote(s)
    70.8%
  2. Draw

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. Away win

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

He plays not to get beat, mate.

I can't believe he didn't throw our young forwards on and instead brought on O'Shea.

Gil T Azell and grandpops like this.
  2. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Exactly - why not give a few of the young-uns a run out for the last 30 minutes at least.

3. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Drives me mad that. We've even lost a few games because he shat himself and tried to play for the draw rather than push for a winner.

Deleted likes this.
  4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Did Moyes think we were getting a point from that game or something? Bafflingly negative management.

5. Deleted #

It's why he has probably got the worst record in the premier league against the big clubs.

He ****es himself and shuts up shop in the hope of squeezing a draw. He even done it at Man Utd the useless ****.

grandpops likes this.
  6. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Diabolical that. We may as well have had a bench of 1.

I`m not sure he had any intention of getting the kids on unless for an injury

Deleted likes this.
  7. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

This has pissed me off as well.
    The most boring substitution in the history of football.

For ****S sake Dave, this was the best possible opportunity to give a couple of younguns a chance, literally a win-win situation. If they **** it up who cares, no more cup distraction. If they smash it we're in the next round haooy days, a nice little morale boost, and may even discover a hidden gem who could help us out amidst this massive i jury crisis.

But nah dave **** it, go ahead and put john o ****ing shea on and play for the bore draw you stupid ****.

8. Deleted #

Totally agree.

He's just give our ravaged squad more games to contend with, as well <doh>

The Norton Cat and grandpops like this.
  9. grandpops

Sounds like all this business of bringing on the youths was so much claptrap. The only 2 in the team is Watmore who was already playing and Pickford which was forced on him by injury to Mannone.

Bloody annoying me now this like. Getting a strop on.

10. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Don't worry about it Burnley are probably **** at home.

11. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

<laugh>

12. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

What happened in the second half ?, there was a chance for the young players to come on but the jock wanted us to get beat by bringing o Shea on, so that's my last cup game under Short. Barton was a twat as well. Another turning over to look forward to for the reserve team he puts out. we better beat Stoke next week now.

13. grandpops

Post match email

"It was a disappointing game all round. I thought we played some good football at times in the first half but we dropped off in the second half.

Whether that was a follow on from the game earlier in the week against Liverpool, I’m not sure, but we didn’t really get up to speed today.

The game was always going to be like that, the game at Burnley the other week was just like that, except we conceded goals.

We’ll take a positive that we didn’t concede any goals today and we got a clean sheet.

I thought we passed the ball well, but from that play we didn’t create any clear-cut chances, I think we missed Victor [Anichebe], we needed a target man who would hold the ball up for us.

I thought Jack [Rodwell] did really well, it’s more minutes for him and I was happy with his performance. He’s started to show us the type of player he can be.

We were at home today and we wanted to win, the replay comes in the middle of two important games for us, but so be it, things happen for a reason, you never know what’s best. We go again and let’s hope we can get to the next round."

14. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

One thing I agree with there is Rodwell. Personally thought for an hour he looked decent. Was our most likely goal threat and when he ran out of steam the last half an hour the whole team seemed to. I thought he did well against Liverpool as well to be fair to him. Hopefully he can stay fit and continue to put in some decent performances and he will be like a new signing for us.

15. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Moysy out the scottish c*nt. That was f*cking disgraceful and if I was a youngun I'd be asking for a transfer out of the club. He obviously has no confidence in them. We now have another game we can do without.

Denayer easily our man of the match. Bodgy was good and so was Rodders. Bit embarrassing playing Burnley at home, no disrespect, but they were our best players. Not one forward.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  16. grandpops

It must be very disappointing for them. They must have been expecting at least a couple of them to set foot on the pitch.

I thought Moyes was very lucky not to have another injury or two to cope with. It could have been a lot worse. I wonder what his excuse would have been then.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  17. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Dont really want Moysy out but I'm seething with that today. Watched it without having a gargle first. Never ever again.

grandpops likes this.
  18. grandpops

Yes, a few glasses of anaesthetic does help. <laugh>

Gil T Azell likes this.
  19. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Poor tactics, poor result, nothing learned, a golden opportunity wasted with nothing really to loose, whats wrong with this guy. <grr>

Gil T Azell likes this.
  20. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member