1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Transfers 2012

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Master Yoda, May 27, 2012.

1. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Good move that. Will probably do well at Blackpool.

Anyone know the fee we've got for him?

2. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

We can still do loan deals for a while after today can't we? Or is it purely signing free agents from now on?

3. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Would have thought be around £500k? It's about time he moved on, was never going to make it as an LFC player and he needs to be out player first team football. Not sure if he's good enough for top end Championship just yet though - wasn't he on loan in league 1 last year and didn't do very well there?

Still, all the best to him.

4. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I remember us getting rid of Robbie Keane and everyone was worried that we would be over reliant on one striker (Torres), but then we went on a great goal scoring spree.

We brought in Sahin and Allen - two top class central midfielders who are starters. Assaidi could be another starter for us. We have added some good players who can slot straight into the first team.

Keep the faith

5. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

@shelveyJ: For everyone asking I don't know what's going on .. I'm glued too sky sports just as much as all use ......

Ha ha ha

Attached Files:

6. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

So till January we have: Suarez, Sterling, Assaidi, Borini, Gerrard, Downing and Morgan who can all play as part of a front 3.

Okay it's not ideal but it could be a lot worse, the emergence of Sterling will be a big bonus, and Assaidi could turn out to be a gem, same goes for Borini.

Our midfield is looking much stronger: Sahin, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey and Henderson.

And we didn't lose any of our top players, with Suarez and Skrtel signing long term contracts.

Not all bad. <ok>

7. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Have a feeling that Football League clubs can get loans but Prem clubs can only get free agents. Not sure if that's true or if I just made that up though..

8. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

He needs to sort them wires out, it's a trip hazard waiting to happen!

9. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

£500,000 would be a decent fee. Agree with you on Eccleston. He's been on loan to Huddersfield Town, Charlton Athletic & Rochdale since he joined us.

His stats for those sides aren't very good. 12 goals and 1 goal for Huddersfield Town, 21 games and 3 goals for Charlton & 4 games and 1 goal for Rochdale.

The last player we sold to Blackpool (Tom Ince) has done alright since he left! Gives Blackpool another option up-front. Think he'll do well at Blackpool. A run in the first team, playing week-in and week-out, should see him do well.

Needs those starts though.

10. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

That's very true, I honestly think it was just a big cock-up for everyone involved on our side.

As much as I hate to say it, but we really have to rely on Suarez now, he has a good scoring record for previous clubs and for country, and he was our top scorer last season. He has a couple now, maybe it's opened the flood gates? I hope so.

Also we can't write of Borini just yet, he also has a good scoring record for his age, not every player hits the ground running. + We have an unknown quality in Assaidi coming in, we still have plenty of goal scoring options. We'll just have to see how things pan out.

11. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Don't agree with Guy Mowbray. Think we could have easily matched/better Villa's bid for Dempsey if we wanted to but obviously thought better of it, either because of age or just not wanting to overspend etc.

Or maybe we weren't actually interested overall but though we'll just make a silly bid for Dempsey to shut Jol up who was quoted as saying that "if you make an enquiry in England you have to follow it up for a bid." Well there you go Martin, we mad a bid and you rejected it... now what are you going to moan about?

12. Dark Helmet

Dark Helmet Active Member

These are dark times when Liverpool fans are able to be taunted by the Welsh as they swan around leading new signings that they bought with our money.

Fate is a cruel mistress, and she has just given us an anal fisting!

13. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

Has Dani Pacheco gone? Or as we are not getting anyone in are we keeping him?

Rumours that he was leaving but have heard nothing since, surely we cant let another attacking player go?

14. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

I'm talking about league goals only though. We need about 70 goals to get 4th place. Do you think we have 70 goals in our current squad? Because I can't see that at all.

15. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Well-Known Member

Well ladies and gentlemen, that is that is that.

Allen, Assaidi, Borini, Sahin, Yesil

Think I'll write up something on my views tomorrow in a new thread.

Thanks to everyone that's commented throughout the summer!

16. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

Yep, we have heavily payed the price for last Summers lavish spending. But we have done a good job of clearing the deadwood, I think I read that we saved 450k+ a week in wages <yikes>

I think what we have now is a solid base to a squad, last year we had plenty of depth, but the depth quite frankly was average. Now we have to give Brendan time and let him build on what he's started. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

17. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Your mods are a bit touchy tonight lads <laugh>

18. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

True, but then that's also dependant on how many you conceed. If we keep things tight at the back then you don't need as many goals. Agree somewhere around 60goals would be a big improvement on last year though and I think between Suarez, Gerrard, Borini getting the bulk of those with Sahin, Sterling, Assaidi, Downing & the defence chipping in with 15 or so between them we can get close to that.

19. Bindiana

Bindiana Active Member

Southampton have spent more then us this transfer window :mad:

20. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Well we've conceded 5 in 2 games already. Our formation is far too open at the moment not to to be conceding goals.

And even IF we did somehow turn into an amazingly solid defensive side, does that mean you're saying Suarez, Gerrard and Borini are going to get around 45 goals this season between them? I HIGHLY doubt that personally.