1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer 2017 Transfer Window - Out

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, May 30, 2017.

1. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

For me Scott Malone exceeded expectations last season, especially as a swap for Richardson. His crossing at times was poor but overall he had a great season. I'd prefer we kept him but we have options in his position .. at the moment.

2. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

There was also talk of Odoi leaving a few weeks ago but I'd hope that if Malone leaves then Odoi stays. I see no point in selling both and being forced into the market. Odoi can cover both fullback positions so hes good to have around and very capable on both sides.

3. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Reports suggesting Bettinelli may be off to Bristol City possibly with Flint involved in the deal, it has been suggested he handed in a transfer request after being told we would be bringing in a more experienced keeper to be number 1.

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Aden Flint sounds good. I'd be sad to see Bettinelli go, but you can't blame him if he's not going to get his chance as first choice. Are there any rumours about who the experienced keeper is likely to be?

Off the top of my head, I think John Ruddy is still a free agent, while Newcastle might be willing to part with Tim Krul. Michel Vorm has often been mentioned on these pages as well, though I suspect he wouldn't see this as a good time to be leaving Spurs. I'd be more than happy with any of those.

5. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

We haven't heard from rosc in a while. That should do it.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  6. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Hi All
    Have had health problems over the last few months since returning from Aus, therefore i have not watched many of
    last seasons games and felt i could not comment.
    But the last half of the season was an incredible one, all credit to the manager and coaching staff who gelled the team together
    most admirably,and what i have seen so far in this transfer window one can only be optimistic for the immediate future.
    Fingers crossed i hope i can make more games this season and comment on how i perceive the matches controversial or otherwise
    before we are promoted in May .

7. Cottager58

Sorry to hear that rosc, but great to get you back on board. Have to say that was uncommonly mild for you!

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Hope you're feeling better now, Rosc, and back to your old self in no time. Quick question: Andy Johnson - good signing?

9. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Thanks Captain, but no swearing please.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  10. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I've been reading that Wolves are in for Ruddy, as Ikeme their keeper has been diagnosed with Leukaemia.
    We really need to look in to getting a top class keeper, that makes the opposition think 'Oh no we got to get past him too'.

Good to have you back on board Rosc.

11. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Betts to Bristol City may be done, the fact it hasn't been announced suggests to me we are waiting to get a replacement in before confirming the move or we are discussions with Flint.

12. Cottager58

Stands back waiting for the backlash from rosc - looks like Jesse Joronen has gone.

13. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Yes indeed sad to see him go,did not think he had a fair crack of the whip.
    Still Fulham in their wisdom dumped him like the other 2 no hoppers
    we recently got shot of
    Dembele Hyndman

14. Cottager58

Well, he did appear as back up on the bench a few times rosc. Guess at the end of the day it had now become a toss up between him and Marek Rodak. Which is a bit worrying if Bettinelli goes. Good as he might be, and with a good period on loan to Accrington last season, at 20 can't see Rodak being the one to help our push upwards this year.

Don't what it is with Fulham and goalkeepers. We always seem to have a significant wodge of them on the books at any one time (remember just a few years ago we had eight). But we never seem to keep them or rarely do they make the grade.

15. Cottager58

A Jesse Joronen moment - regrettably not for Fulham

16. Cottager58

17. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Given that we have sold Malone, I think we should keep Odoi. He can cover both sides and showed decent ability last year. If he does want to go, we need to spend some of that c£9m from Malone/Odoi to sign some cover for Sessegnon & Fredericks.

We definitely seem to be looking to free up funds from sales but, given that we currently only have 18 first team players, we need to get some new players bedded in soon!

18. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Seen to night on several gossip columns that Betts could be going to Bristol
    "for me this would be no great loss," with Reading ready to make a bid for Button, not having seen him
    do fellow 606rs feel he is an asset we could ill afford to loose.
    And are we ready to make a big incoming signing ?.

19. Cottager58

Well, we know Bettinelli hasn't been in any of the pre-season clips so it's a fair assumption that he's on the way somewhere else. Wonder what his father Vic, who's the Academy goalkeeper coach, makes of it? Marcus has some flaws - his distribution being one - but when he came back into the team for the last eight games or so of last season he let no-one down and indeed appeared to inspire a degree of confidence at the back.

Confidence which wasn't there under Button for a lot of the time. Personally, mine went with his horrific blooper against Villa. Yes, he was brought in because it was thought his 'ability' suited our desire to play out from the back and hold possession. And, yes he made some fine saves. But .. you'd be hard pressed to find a fan who didn't have the collywobbles whenever he had the ball at his feet and he can't defend crosses into the 6 yard box to save his life. So, not at all bothered if he goes.

If both go, Marek Rodak is it. So, we must surely have replacement(s) lined up.

20. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

I'll shed no tears for Bettinelli or Button leaving.

As for a replacement, we possibly missed a trick early in the window with Stockdale going to Birmingham on a free transfer, would've liked him back.