1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours - In

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, May 4, 2016.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Might as well get started!

According to the Daily Star we are interested in Augsburg centre back Ragnar Klavan

upload_2016-5-4_18-40-33.jpeg

The 30-year-old Estonia international, who has 108 caps to his name, has a year to run on his Augsburg contract.

2. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Can't lie, I'd love to have a player named Ragnar. Best name since Zoltan.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  3. Cottager58

Meanwhile the Sun say we're thinking of making a £1.5m bid for Blackburn winger Ben Marshall

upload_2016-5-4_18-50-8.jpeg

Originally with Stoke, Marshall went on loan with Sheffield Wednesday in 2011 before signing for Leicester City. He moved from them to Blackburn after struggling to get a regular place with the Foxes (with concerns about his weight and commitment hanging over him during his time there). However, he seems to have put that behind him with a string of solid performances this season for Blackkburn.

4. Cottager58

This rumour is home generated. Said 'hello' to Chris David this afternoon by the JH statue as he made his way in for a Balcony seat.

upload_2016-5-7_20-26-53.jpeg

Not sure how to interpret his shrug with a smile when I asked if he was coming back but ... it wasn't a "no". Definitely looked fit. Chris has 1 year left on his contract with the Dutch side Go Ahead Eagles and currently without an Agent.

Would have thought his direct running at the opposition from midfield would suit us ideally in the Championship.

5. Cottager58

Reports fro Germany say we are very interested in TSV1860 Munich midfielder Daniel Adlung.

upload_2016-5-14_21-57-2.jpeg

Source: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/1...ld.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The 28yr old who is out of contract in the summer, has 271 Bundesliga (2nd tier) games under his belt. Said to be an energetic attacking midfielder, he normally plays central but has turned out on the left side (despite being naturally right footed). Weighing in at 5' 8" he's not the tallest but has a reputation of being a tough guy, in the nicest possible sense.

Could be the type of player SuperBri mentions as needed in the 'Clear Out' thread.

6. Cottager58

Sky Sport are saying we're looking at another German 2nd tier player, vfl Bochum's centre forward Simon Terrode.

please log in to view this image

The 28yr old has got 13 goals in 21 outings this season. An assumption is that he's Dembele's replacement but standing at 6' 4" it could be Matt Smith's place that's under threat.

Terodde has 1 year left on his contract and is valued at £1.3m

7. Cottager58

The Independent are saying that our interest has been peaked on hearing that contract negotiations have stalled between Liverpool and their young Spanish midfielder Sergi Canos.

upload_2016-5-17_14-57-49.jpeg

The 19yr old right sided player, who came on as a latesub for his Liverpool debut at the weekend, still has a year to run on his current contract. However, the club have this season put a cap on wages for young players of £3k per week and apparently initial talks about a new contract have broken down. The player (well, presumably his Agent) has said he wants more or he's off in the summer.

Canos is very similar to Hyndman (who he'd be an ideal replacement for) in that if he sees out his contract Liverpool get next to nothing but they could get £1m if he leaves now. We're by no means the only ones showing interest however. Brentford are top of the list, having had him on loan last season when he made 38 appearances and scored 7 goals.

8. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Brentford, they certainly sniff them out.
    Sad to say but cant we emulate them

9. Cottager58

Was a tad reluctant to post this since it smacks of lazy journalists tacking our name to anything that moves now that the embargo has been lifted. The first certainly falls into that category. However the second seems to be gathering legs, so decided to go ahead.

The gist of it is that Eddie Howe is pruning at Bournemouth. The first we're linked with is Lee Tomlin.

upload_2016-5-19_17-57-31.jpeg

The 27yr old midfielder has found it difficult to fit into Howe's set up but nonetheless has done well since going on loan to Bristol City in January; 6 goals in 18 appearances. The story is from the Sun and as you'll see we're not the front runners anyway.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...unce-straight-back-to-the-Premier-League.html

Verdict: Too fat. [and a bit of an attitude problem]

The second is Glen Murray.

upload_2016-5-19_18-5-50.jpeg

Signed by Howe for £4m from Palace when Callum Wilson got injured, the 32yr old striker has only managed 10 starts and 3 goals. On his CV he does have that Championship season at Palace when he got 30 goals (albeit with wide players - Bolassie and Zaha - alongside him). The story this time is from The Standard - not known to carry any story about Fulham never mind a positive one.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...e-on-a-free-as-cottagers-circle-a3252166.html

Verdict: Too slow [and doesn't have age on his side]

Both players are said to on £30k per week! Tomlin at a fee of £3m just can't see as a starter. However if the story is true and Murray is being allowed to go on a "free" transfer, you can see why the speculation is credible.

10. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

Wouldn't want to judge Murray on the basis of others, but a 30+ player on the downward with high wage demands and likely no resale value looks worrying familiar - if we've got a prospect in the academy with potential I'd rather see them play as I doubt Murray would fire us to the top.

11. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Hear hear ,but we do have a thing about signing the under achievers and the walking wounded

12. Cottager58

According to El Desmarque Vigo we are planning a move for Celta Vigo central defender Sergi Gomez.

please log in to view this image

The 24yr old centre back came through the Barcelona academy but when he found it hard to break into the first team, left for Celta in 2014. He's played 31 games for them this season and helped them to a comfortable La Liga mid-table place. The story says that he has an English "rep" who has been in talks with us and QPR; claiming that one of the clubs has put in a £4.6m bid. Serious money for someone with only 1 year left on his contract and who Transfermarket value at half that amount.

Fulhaman - any low down on this guy?

13. Cottager58

Unconfirmed rumour that we're looking at another centre back. Blackburn's Grant Hanley.

upload_2016-5-22_15-25-23.jpeg

The 24yr old Scot came through the Blackburn Academy and was first brought into the senior side back in 2010 by Steve Kean. In the seasons that followed he's been pretty much first on the team sheet. He's also got 21 Scottish caps under his belt. The asking price is said to be £2.6m which is probably about right and has tweaked Derby's interest as well as ours.

The clincher for our 'Analytics' will undoubtedly be, "he was Blackburn's player of the year" last season - ring any bells?

14. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I ve wanted Handley from the day we dropped into this division , exactly what we need at the back, not the most technically gifted but solid, as strong as a Ox won't be pushed about by anybody will win everything in the air him and Madl would be decent in my opinion, if our back four for the opening game next season was Fredericks, Handley, Madl and Husband I would be OK.

Cottager58 likes this.
  15. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

I have seen him play. He's okay, average player. I always distrust the "came through the Barca academy" line. So do lots of players and most never get anywhere near the first team. Fairly calm player, not given to needless fouls, doesn't get booked that often and I can't remember ever seeing a report of him getting sent off for Celta. He's right footed if I remember rightly (or that's his favourite foot, at least). He's quite tall, must be nearly 6ft 2inches I would guess. Heads the ball well. He's a Catalan so will have a permanent chip on his shoulder.

Is he an upgrade - more than likely, I don't get to see FFC really nowadays apart from the odd match but judging from comments he would be better than Stearman without a doubt. Better player than Ammo but I don't recall him ever scoring. No idea if he speaks English - probably not that well if he does, he's from a provincial town on the outskirts of Barcelona - not much call for having to speak English in those sorts of places, which might make settling or getting points across to him tricky.

Not injury prone and starts most matches.

Cottager58 likes this.
  16. Cottager58

Thanks Fulhaman. Excellent info and really good point about whether he speaks English (or Serb/Yugo for that matter).

17. Cottager58

Just throw this in for rosc's benefit. Apparently QPR are making enquiries of Brentford's 23yr old left back Jake Bidwell.

upload_2016-5-23_21-28-30.jpeg

18. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Apparently as are Norwich and Villa

19. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Reports starting to surface on social media that we have submitted a £1.5 million bid for Grant Handley.

20. Cottager58

According to sports journalist Alan Nixon we've put in a bid (last week I think) of £1.5m for Hanley. He's worth more than that, not least because others are in the frame for him. Get that horrible deja vu feeling of how this smacks of our bidding this time last year; start with a cheeky bid, fiddle around for the next xx weeks and .. end up looking elsewhere or losing out. Anybody else see the Hand of Rigg in this?

PS Cookie just seen you got in as I was typing!