1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Still excited!!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by concrete tony, Feb 2, 2011.

1. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

Having watched the game last night I thought the lads tried their pluck out. Considering how good Chelsea were I felt we gave a bloody good account of ourselves and when you consider who is to come back into the team it's all pretty damned exciting.

You could add to that team, Wellbeck, Cattermole, Muntari, Zenden, Turner, Mensah, campbell, Meyler - all with a good shout to be in the starting 11! It shows the strengh of our squad at the moment. Hopefully these injuries won't cost us Europe. We played some great football last night and we look like we are turning into a really good footballing team. Some of the stuff we played last night was breath taking. Sessengon looks a great signing.

2. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

I agree tony, the future looks very bright indeed. Sessengon has not played since December, met his new team 2 days ago, not had any real time to train with them, is in a new country with a new club. Was he a world beater last night no but he was good, cant wait to see him with 2 weeks behind him.

3. trevmacksw

trevmacksw Member

yes we did with the players available on the night against the best team ive seen this season thought we did allright and made it a good game to watch even with the end result

4. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

And don't forget he doesn't speak a word of Mackem yet.

He certainly showed glimpses of what he is about, fast as lightening over that initial 5 yards which will scare most defenders and once he settles in and gets used to the pace and physical aspects of the EPL i think we have the makings of a crowd favourite on our hands.

I thought Steed was awesome last night, i just wish he was 5 years younger, his boots must have had glue on them or something his control was that good.

And what can you say about Bardinhio? yet another superb performance. A little deft back heel through the legs control, a 30 yard sprint culminating in a mazey run to the edge of the box and releasing a 20 yard blast into the bottom corner, get in my son, what a goal from a left back. Compared to A Cole i know who'd get my vote.

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I thought Sess showed enough in flashes to suggest we are all right to be excited by him.

We know what Muntari,Catss, Wellbeck and Campbell can add to the team, we are a very strong side now, better than the superb Reid team in my opinion.