1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spurs vs Gillingham in EFL Cup

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by No Kane No Gain, Aug 24, 2016.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Because of course it ****ing is...

2. brb

brb CR250

I'm hoping to make the game myself lads, as a Gills fan, but all depends on a number of things coming together for me in the meantime. That aside, I am a bit worried about ticket allocation though, but will see how things go.

3. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

Delighted to get tickets for this match between the team i have supported for nearly 50 years and the team that I have seen play more than any other

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Will be interesting to see Dack in action if he plays, someone who could well have a future in the Prem in time to come and it's great to see that Gillingham kept him over summer, scored a good free kick over the weekend against Sheffield Utd.

The Changing Man likes this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

I've also got a ticket, will see you Wednesday lads :)

Out of interest what's the best drinking place for travelling supporters?

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

To be honest mate there's no pub within a decent radius of the ground that allows away supporters, the best bet I'd say is have a few at Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street but obviously give yourself plenty of time to then jump on the train to WHL (takes about 20 minutes).

7. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Liverpool St is a bit out of his way. I'd grab a pint at St Pancras, before Tube to Seven Sisters. Don't know if the pubs by Seven Sisters are already Spurs only though?

8. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Don't know as far down as Seven Sisters but Bruce Grove has the Elbow Room which I'm pretty sure is Spurs only on match days, a few fellas I know drink there occasionally before a match and they've mentioned that someone on the door asks for home tickets only, just like the ones around the Lane do.

We're probably one of the least friendly clubs for away fans when it comes to drinking areas, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I'd say drink at St Pancras then, it wouldn't be worth brb's time to look for anything in the surrounding area as I don't think he'd have much joy. Alternatively he could get to the Lane early and drink in the stadium but then do you really want to be paying £4 for a bottle of pissy Carlsberg?! <laugh>

9. brb

brb CR250

Got a couple of mates coming up early doors to check out the places, so will meet up with them later in the day, hopefully with a good drinking den by the time i get there, will leave club colours behind just so we can get in wherever, if they don't ask for tics.