1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Southampton vs Sheffield Wednesday

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by KingslandSFC, Mar 13, 2011.

1. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

Go to the football obviously you tit.

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

You should be able to beat wednesday well as look how peterborough have destroyed them

3. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

<laugh> tell it as it is Lambden <laugh>

4. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

We need to win most if not all of our remaining games if we are to guarantee promotion, starting with the Owls on Saturday.

Peterborough look to be on fire at the moment, so I don't think we can rely on other teams dropping points - obviously, some will drop points, but we mustn't need them to.

It is in our hands to lose 2nd spot so it's going to be an amazing couple of months till May, and I hope Adkin's dip into the loan market brings us a classy attacking central midfielder, because we're going to need every resource to get out of this league.

5. North Hants Saint

Absolutely all of them - maximum points because of the amount of away games we have.

6. JDub

JDub Well-Known Member

That will never happen. We're Saints.

7. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

We got 6 home and 6 away Lambden, That's not too bad for a run in.

8. KingslandSFC

Very true ... We never make it easy for ourselves! Would love to be wrong mind!!

9. bristolsaint

bristolsaint Member

Yes, bad set of results again. All the top teams keep on winning. As long as that includes us I don't care. We'll get 2nd and automatic promotion.

10. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Scun-thorpe sacked their manager, how long before idiots start predicting Adkins will be going back!

11. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

It will probably take around seven minutes, the time it takes for the neurons in their brains do actually work and process evalutation thought. Am I, however, the only one that feels slightly guilty that Scunthorpe's lack of stability is the cost of our own stability? Do not get me wrong I love Nigel and would not have anyone else at this club, but I wish Scunthorpe all the best, it never is nice to lose your manager when he has achieved so much for your club yet sees fit for a new challenge.

12. North Hants Saint

We have serious issues if we cannot beat this lot who are quite frankly turd.

Apart from one or two decent players (Madine , Johnson at times) they are very poor and I'm sure Mandaric will spend big in the Summer to get them up no matter what next season.

We need to draw on all our resources from now till the end of the season , the bench players who we haven't seen much of may make a big difference/impact when they come on in games we are behind in/drawing.

Sticking with my 1-0 however , wouldn't be slightly bothered with it at all ...12 more of those would see us 'across the line'

COYS

13. Saintsfan4 life1

Saintsfan4 life1 New Member

Think this game like others is going to be a toughy. We must start with our most solid players & not take any risks. If we play the right squad, on the day going for 3 -1. If they score first sorry but 2 - 0 Would love a win

14. HackySaints

HackySaints Member

Yeah agree mate, no game is going to be easy now or any until the end of the season. At least its at home. Good crowd behind the team should help the cause. Plenty of singing that's the bit I enjoy.

15. North Hants Saint

Just really hope the players forget it's on TV whilst their playing and just focus on getting the job done.

I must sound like a broken record at the start of every home game but...get an early goal to settle it down.

Play our normal game , no experimental tactics or risk taking in defence - just fooking win.

16. HackySaints

HackySaints Member

Yeah. I don't think it helps being a late kick off as they have all day before the game. Would prefer the normal 3pm.

17. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

If Saints do not win by at least 6-0, then they quite obviously are not trying and Nige should horsewhip them all, before they are allowed down to the pub after the game.:emoticon-0116-evilg

18. SAINTDON13

Sheffield Weds have pulled in a couple of emergency loans so may not be as easy as some of our fans seem to think.

19. KingslandSFC

After being spanked 4-1 mid week , Sheff Wed will give Southampton a game as they will definately not make the error they made on Tuesday against Posh.

Could well be a tight game , as you rarly ever see the same team being spanked two games on the trot!

20. SAINTDON13

That even applies to us, it works both ways too, we can thrash a team one week and then next game, flop to a less favoured side, that is football for you especially Saints football, just hope we can rise above all that and play to our full potential.