1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Southampton vs Sheffield Wednesday

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by KingslandSFC, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

Angleseasaint, I've heard of apple crumble, is French similar?

2. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

I like the term 'egg jugglers', but perhaps this should be a reference to the likes of Wales, with some of their recent handling. Us English, on the other hand (sorry if you are an un-English Saints supporter) seem much better at keeping a good grip on our oval shaped objects. It is a shame that some times Kelvin Davis can, therefore, be suspected of being Welsh. Back to the match, any predictions of the attendance too, would have thought the history of our opponents might fire the public's imagination a little more than others in League One...(no disrespect). By the way, I never really introduced myself, I am ginger and came across from BBC 606 due to some of you talking about this forum, and I have already used it much more than I ever used the BBC forum. I stand in Block 42. Hello :emoticon-0169-dance

3. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

Well it would be ironic if, unlike with a certain Irish match, the French were unable to put their hands to good use against the Welsh...

4. angleseysaint

angleseysaint Member

The French lost in Italy so anything can happen when they are playing. What odds could I get on Saints overcoming the 'Sky curse' and Wales winning in Paris? England have the championship sewn up with a huge points-difference advantage.

I just hope Saints can put on a good performance in front of the cameras and get that win we long to see! 3-0 would suit me.

5. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

I hope my Henry pun was noticed! And yes 3.0 would be very nice indeed.

6. angleseysaint

angleseysaint Member

MLRA. I'm afraid I missed the Henry pun. Sorry you had to point it out!

7. angleseysaint

angleseysaint Member

Nothing to do with this thread, but I've just noticed that Andrew Surman scored for Norwich tonight. I would love to see them get promotion again.

8. JDub

JDub Well-Known Member

Coys.

9. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

I could not agree more, I see Norwich as a very similar club to our own, and if they gain promotion then it shows how it is quite possible for us to look for successive promotions too. I also wish Surman all the best in his career, like Bale he stayed with the club long enough to guve us the respect we deserve (I know with Surman it was longer, but Bale could have easily gone that January). Plus I like yellow kits. YELLOWS!

10. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

I agree with that. Both stayed longer than a lot we have had. Drew might even be still here if we had not had to sell to keep afloat.

Weds need nto win tonight and then we need to on Saturday to really put us in with a great chance to exert more pressure on the Terriers and Posh.

11. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

Its always a good idea to learn to walk before you can run. You are by no means either promoted or actually in the play offs yet! You may yet end up like this emoticon.
    :headbang:

12. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

By look for successive promotions I did not mean that the first was secured, so poor wording. If we end up :headbang: I believe even the most pessimistic Saints fans will end up with eggs on their faces, simply by being Saints fans. Win saturday and the chances of :headbang: grow more remote, which is the ultimate objective in football :)

13. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

One thing I have noted this season is how well the three promoted clubs have done in the Championship. In looking at how we are in the mix and slowly climbing towards our target I am praying we don't muck our grip on the prize up. It is still in our hands at the moment and I think a big win on Saturday could be the tonic that will show we are ready for the real action now as the nerves start to twitch uncontrollably.

14. New Boots Tahar! New Boots Tahar!

Going to this one, first game since the fantastic new years 4-0 over Exeter. Few London games coming up though so can get to them, does anyone know if there are any Charlton away tickets left? If not I'll have to make do with being in the home support. Cagey 1-0 win Sat methinks, however could be v different if we get an early goal and their heads go down....

15. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

1-0 win. Barnard again. 83rd minute.

16. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

On at the same as the rugby. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO??

17. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Posh beating Wednesday 4-1 at Wednesday. Hudders drawing at Brentford about 10 mins to go both games

18. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Set the video and go straight home after the match with your fingers in your ears saying, "laa laa laa, I can't hear the rugby score" very loudly. 3-0 to Saints, btw.

19. BUG

BUG Member

Tonights results couldn't of gone any worse really.

Sheff W 1 - 4 Peterborough
    Brentford 0 - 1 Huddersfield (Last minute goal:mad:)
    Hartlepool 0 - 1 Orient

Peterborough on fire, Orient deserve a mention as well unbeaten in 16 league games! Stating the obvious but this makes it even more of a MUST WIN!! :emoticon-0107-sweat

20. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

My god... We are under pressure now more than ever. These games in hand have to be treated like cup finals - we can't afford to piss around Saturday. 3 Points and nothing less!!!