1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Southampton vs Carlisle

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by KingslandSFC, Feb 7, 2011.

1. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

please log in to view this image
    please log in to view this image

Southampton vs Carlisle United

Date: Saturday 12th February Kick Off :3:00pm

So we see yet another South vs North battle - one which many Southampton Fans will remember this battle being played last year at Wembley (JPT Final) where Southampton dominated and beat Carlisle 4-1.

This season however... Southampton have already made the long journey to Carlisle on the 11th November which finished with a win for Carlisle 3-2.
    Goals for United coming from Marshall , Harding (og) , Chester. Southampton's Goal Scorer'S were: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain & Dean Hammond.

Southampton have advantage playing at home , but can they get revenge and claim 3 Points this Saturday?

TRAVEL UPDATE: For Saints & Carlisle Fans

There is engineering work between Southampton Central and Bournemouth this weekend: Therefore please plan your journey carefully

Review of Last Weekend Fixtures
    Southampton played visitors to play-off contenders Peterborough at London Road which was live on Sky Sport to millions of Football Fans. The result was not what Saints Fans were hoping for but Southampton came away with 1 Point rather than 0.
    Luckly other fixture fell in Southampton's favour as Bournemouth also drew 1-1.It was recognised that Southampton's attacking style was fantastic but showed a huge gaps and questions of doubt about their defence.
    Full Time Result was Peterborough 4 - 4 Southampton : See Match Report on Saints Board for more on this fixture.

Carlisle United suffered somewhat of a shocking defeat at home to bottom ofthe League Walsall 3-1, which now shows Carlisle last win came way back on 22nd Jan against Paul Ince's Nott County where Zoko scored to give United a 1-0 win away .

Saints Fans..

Thoughts of the starting XI?

Prediction of the Full Time Result?

Who will be Man of the Match?

VocalMinority likes this.
  2. KingslandKate

KingslandKate Member

Davis
    Richardson Fonte Jaidi Harding
    Chamberlain Hammond Chaplow Guly
    Lambert Barnard
    Subs: Bart, Martin, Butterfield, Dickson, Scneiderlin, Lallana (hopefully), Forte

I hope it'll be a good game, Saints v Carlisle tends to produce a few goals! I think it'll be close but 3-1 in the end, with Guly getting one and Barby getting the other two.
    MOTM Chaplow

I wonder how many penalties we'll get...... ;-)

3. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

I would like to see someone else other than Guly on the left midfield, he is totally wasted out there in my view. Lallana should be due for a run out soon. Isn't that the position that Forte was brought in to cover?

4. cawsiesonsfc

cawsiesonsfc New Member

i think bart deserves a chance with richardson, fonte, martin, harding, midfield i would go for chamberlain, hammond, scneiderlin, chaplow, with lambert and guly up top. playing on a good pitch we def need scneiderlin playing..

5. KingslandSFC

Davis
    Richardson Fonte Jaidi Harding
    Chamberlain Hammond Chaplow Lallana
    Lambert Barnard

Subs: Bart, Martin, Butterfield, Dickson, Scneiderlin, Guly, Forte

3-1 SAINTS

MotM = Lalllana!

COYR!!!

6. Beddy

Don't think Lallana's fit for anything other than a cameo on Saturday.......you going to the match?

7. KingslandSFC

Beddytare I'm always there mate! Season Ticket Holder!

8. Beddy

Me too.......do not need to ask which area you are sitting do I? I am in the Chapel over towards the the itchen stand and no, we are not quiet believe me.......Trouble is the acoustics are so bad we have trouble sometimes hearing what the Northam lot are bleating <laugh> down our corner we do our best!!!

9. KingslandSFC

I'm in the Kingsland Corner near Northam ... Noisy bit of ground <laugh>

10. Beddy

Exactly the opposite end to me by the sound of it......give me a wave on Sat <laugh> I'll give you a wave back......:emoticon-0169-dance

11. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Evening guys. Over on our board we've been playing around with rep power. Dev has worked it out that, if everyone gives out reps by clicking on the star, next to where it says blog this post (bottom left under your avatar ((if you have one)) or name) we can either approve of individual comments, or disapprove of them.

This way, people who are genuine, build up a good reputation and those who like to WUM will, well,,, you get the picture!

This site has some really cool features I think, why not give it a try?

12. KingslandSFC

Beddytare ... How about instead of waving ... I sing you a song!

Duet??

Weeee're the Kiiingsland, Weeee're Kingsland, Weeee're the Kingsland over here! <laugh>

13. KingslandSFC

Pompeymeowth welcome bk mate

Great post, thanks for sharing that and a very valid point.

Off subject who u got tomorrow? Ain't done my accumulator yet

14. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Donny away. RAWMOK suggests home banker. I would have said Home shopping.

15. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

I predict a 1-0win for us and NA to kick the ball after the final whistle in sheer frustration at how bad we were.......

16. Beddy

The score line was right....... not sure if he kicked the ball after the final whistle. Personally I would have liked him to have kicked some of the players backsides. Some were very lethargic. N'guessin had a mare......Guly was out of position most of the time, Hammond in and out of the game, same for Harding at times he was dreadful. Butterfield is very weak. We missed the bite of Chappers second half. Nice to see Lallana back needs he needs to get match fit.....Oh dear

17. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

Should we be happy we played so badly yet won 1 - 0, or worried about a dip in form for the next two away games?

18. Beddy

Fair point olddellboy........Mind you we expected them to really have a go but for what ever reason we only started to play football in patches. Once Chappers had been taken off we had no bite in midfield. Was it because of Carlisle's tactics or was it because of our lethargic attitude?.......It does not bade well our up and coming 2 away games. Did you see NA giving Harding a talking to on the touch line, just after yet again almost being caught in possession? At times he had a mare, for me what made it worse was he seemed to be blaming everyone else. Although N'Guessin did not help at times.....He seemed a bit lost and gradually the other players seemed to leave him out altogether or perhaps it only seemed that way?

19. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Beddy Tare , I would have struggled to gtet the score wrong seeing as I posted my reply some 10 Hours after the game ended<whistle>

But seriousy in Answer to you and Old Dell Boy .

NA said himself he kicked the ball in frsutration & I thought it was the Carlisle manager .

I am of course pleased that we played poorly but still won .

If we play poorly next game I will fear a Real Dip in Form , hopefully this was just for whatever reason , A Bilp :smiley:

20. KingslandSFC

It was what I would call ... Piss poor!
    If anything we were lucky to scrape 1-0. Well Done to Rickie - love the celebration.
    Think Carlisle had the Wembley Blues and lost concentration.

Olddellboy - Quite correct, we should be happy we got 3pts!!

Beddytare - Did u see me wave??<laugh>