1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Some info. from Wyn Grant

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by deleted....., May 9, 2011.

1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

(1) "Incidentally, I hear that the injury prone Anyinsah may be leaving and that Worner may be going to Aldershot. In that case Sullivan (featured in the programme today) may come in to give more competition to Elliot."

(2) "Llera (now returning to his native Spain) did play some good balls forward, but also some aimless ones"

(3) "Charlton face competition as they seek the signature of Danny Green from relegated Dagenham & Redbrdge. The former Nottingham Forest youngster has found the back of the net 13 times this season and the cash strapped Daggers are open to offers.

Millwall are eyeing a double swoop for Green and team mate Romain Vincelot. Other Championship sides that are interested include Brighton and Ipswich, so Charlton's chances are not good.

Of the relegated sides, both Preston and Sheffield United are slashing their squads to reduce their wage bills."

2. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

How come the same "we cant compete" and "out of our depth" comes up now when talk of signings etc... i thought we had financial backing to dip in now ?

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Anyinsah doesn't surprise me. Bit gutted as on his day he is up there in League One's best strikers IMO. Loved his energy and hustle, plus he was also good enough technically and very strong on the ground and air!

I think we have more chance signing Vincelot than Green, who seems to have played himself in to the Championship over the last 6 months especially. These were 2 names mentioned under PP though, so is it our scouts keeping them on the radar, or CP also taking an interest in the pair?

4. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

5. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

I dont understand the talk of investment in our academy and a base for the future when perkins/tuna and stav get let go.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

If they aren't deemed good enough, Oz, then no point in keeping them on.

From our academy we have Forch, Elliot, Solly, and waggy in the match day 16- add Harriott to the list for the last game. Not a bad number of home grown players to have. Esp if he he won't be named, signed a contract then he too would be on my list.

7. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Plus we are about to get £1m for Jenkinson

8. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

I like Anyinsah as i like Youga but they are absolutely no good to us whatsoever if they're spending more time on the treatment table than the pitch...

I saw eight of the first team at my local swimming bathes a couple of months back and i thought that Anyinsah looked like he was carrying a little extra timber. He weren't flabby at all just that he looked a little too heavy in terms of muscle. Maybe this could be contributing to his injury issues.

Imo the only way we can retain either of the two I've mentioned is if they're on pay as you play deals. Anything else is contractual suicide!!

9. starinnaddick

starinnaddick New Member

Danny Green was at our club when he was a youngster.