1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So far, so good

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fran-MLs little camera, Mar 27, 2011.

1. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

So far, this enforced break has gone as good as we could have wished without being greedy. Dropped one spot but with extra game in hand, so not too terrible. Could be blown by Hudders winning but we still have games in hand on them. None of Tuesday's games affect us. Don't even count Brighton's match as it would be better for us if they just kept on winning (until they play us, of course ;) ). Roll on, Saturday.

2. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

These results (Friday and yesterday) could not have gone much better for us.

However, this all means nothing if we can't take advantage of our games in hand...

3. bristolsaint

bristolsaint Member

Hmmm. Lots of games in hand but we will be playing twice a week for most weeks and need to win. I am still confident but with games coming that quickly a minor injury might mean a key player missing several games instead of one or two.
    I've given up on catching Brighton so well done to them and hopefully second for us
    COYS

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

All teams (except Brighton) have dropped points when they would have had a chance to go on a charge. We've had a break, so let's come out of it all guns blazing. This hiatus could be where NA proves himself. How good was the training, how did he get them motivated, how did they keep boredom at bay. Yes, we have to get points from games in hand but at least we've got them. The other teams have to hope we drop points. We've got more controllables than them :)

5. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

Huddersfield are our main threat and will win today no doubt.

Funny that about a week ago we were saying the same about Peterborough and a month ago Bournemouth , how a couple of bad results an change opinions.

The home games are vital for us , 5 wins out the 5 remaining is absolutely essential as I think our promotion rivals will do the same with theirs , then we should be looking to get 2/3 wins out the 5 away we have left to wrap it up.

Any more than 2 defeats will be damaging imo.

6. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

Don't agree.

As long as one of our wins is against the Dons I still think 6 wins plus a draw will be enough.