1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Snoddy - 3.5M - Norwich

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Spanish white, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

Well a fresh bid for Snoddy for 3.5M rejected :emoticon-0116-evilg

Firstly Norwich ....... try bidding nearer to 8M and you might get him:emoticon-0103-cool: what a disgrace thinking he is only worth that!!

The question is what is he worth ...... not many decent left foot wingers around so Delia you want him "Lets be avin your cash"

what do u think?

2. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

lOOKS TO ME like he will go and the possible replacement would be Chris Burke a freebiethis will appeal to KB I for one was very impressed with Burke when he played us

3. Que Somma Somma

Id say 4 mil is about right for him. He's unproven in the prem, un proven internationally, not quick and does go quiet occationally. Plus when he's doubled up on by the opposition he gets dominated. I think he's a brilliant player but he aint worth 8 mil ...... yet

4. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

as much as I love Snod I would take 4 mil & rebuild the back four. We have nunez & Sam who can add pace down the flank.

thing is, would the money go back into the club? Will anything be different now Bates has claimed that he controls the purse strings??

Cant be losing our better players & not reinvesting in our team or we will never get back to the promised land!

5. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

spanish - 8 mill???

man he aint worth that! Im suprised we even rejected 3.5 if you ask me. Since when does ken bates turn something like that down.

We must mean business for next season

6. Spanish white

i want 8M because Papa will take 4 and we will get 4 to spend ;)

7. Jugster

Jugster Active Member

If we get £8m then Santa will pocket £7.5m of it and give Larry 500k. That appears to be his budget. Besides that, I'm suprised Bates turned down £3.5m. Obviously he thinks he can get a bit more, but Snoddy isn't worth more than £5m.

8. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

Snodgrass is overrated, he is a good player when he turns up. He goes missing to often, with Gradel, Sam and Nunez we should take the money £4.5m plus add -ons, He only score 6 goals,:emoticon-0111-blush

9. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Think people are forgetting how dangerous Snoddy was this season during our good run (before which he was out injured). He faded at the same time we did which was probably down to Grayson overplaying him and not rotating the squad for Tuesday night games.

But before then, he was absolutely tearing defenses up every game and nobody could have wished for a better player to cross, pass, shoot and outskill from the wing than him. I'd say he's easily one of the most skilful players in the Championship, not a trait we often see in British players. There was a run of games where I just thought before every match 'Snoddy's going to absolutely destroy their fullbacks this game' and he delivered pretty much every time. Next season after a proper run of pre-season games, he'll be fit and ready to go. If Grayson rotates the squad properly, Snoddy will be at his best again and we'll all be saying we were glad we didn't accept a bid from Norwich in the summer.

Yes, defenders doubled up on him in certain games which made him less effective but they did that to Gradel too who consequently found it hard to make an impact. It's true of any winger. But you can't double up on all four attacking players so I don't see that argument against Snoddy. And while he's not pacy, he's still fast when he skins a fullback, and think back to the counter-attacking goal against Sheff Utd at Elland Road if you don't think he has a burst of energy about him.

If this is true (it seems to have come from a Times journo on Twitter), I find it a promising step. Bates might be in it for the money, but he's not just accepting any bid. You've got to remember that he probably does want to keep our best players because without them, he'll never get to experience the cash and media attention of the Premier League again. For me, around £6m is the right price for a player like Snodgrass and we should only sell in the event that we have a replacement already willing to join who's at least as good.

10. eastyorkshirewhite

Every player has his price the only problem i can see is that Ucle Ken will keep all or the majority of the fee for other things.

11. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

you also have to remember loiner that snoddy may want to leave and try it out against the best! Too many players these days have power and if the chairman was to get a call from robert or his agent stating he wants to go. leeds would have no choice.

Snoddy is a great player and the chip against notts forest for EL to cross for howson was class. Then he did it again, against reading but this time we hit the bar. Intelligent is the word!

12. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Its started already Leeds announce that they have had seversl offers for their players this is a vieled threat that if we don,t get enough money from season ticket sales we will have no alternative but to sell our best playersanother KB ploy youve got to give it to him he never stops fleecing money out of the supporters I wish he would GO

13. Jerel Ifil

Exactly, he's one of the few players in our team (in the Championship to be fair) with a proper footballing brain. Like I said on the Norwich forum though, he's not a player who likes to rush himself, we all know about the Barcelona trial and the Celtic move he spurned so he could develop. Even if he'd have been happy to move to Norwich if Leeds allowed him, I don't see him as a player who'll kick up a fuss if we refuse to let him go. As modern footballers go, he's one of the more loyal ones.

He'll probably go and move to Man U tomorrow now I've said that.

14. Pags

Pags Well-Known Member

Hmmm. If he goes, he goes. We have backup I feel. the defence is always going to be our biggest worry.

15. Spanish white

Pags - 100% agree defence has to be the number 1 focus as well as a DM

but would still hate to loose Snoddy

16. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

I wouldnt hold your breath mate. Were leeds united, its what we expect! its like taking the bin out on fridays, you know you have to but you just cant be arsed with the hassle! Thats us buddy.

You know what, as you said hes one of very few players that have a footballing brain. To say he is man u material is nothing far from the truth. If darren fletcher can get a game or Darron Gibson to be frank, then seeing him in a united shirt wouldnt suprise me at all.

17. Jerel Ifil

We already see him in a United shirt every week ;)

18. eastyorkshirewhite

Its funny how uncle ken can always turn it round so that us supporters are to blame.Only hope we could find some rich arab to buy us out but then we may get higher prices its just a circle that never stops seeming to kick us in the teeth.

19. Pags

Pags Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find it disrespectful to refer to the red shiiite as United. There are many other United out there so I refrain from doing so cos I can’t stand the *bleeps*

20. Spanish white

We should never call them U***** ever !!!