1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SKY prices to be drastically cut.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Tickton Tiger., Jun 27, 2017.

1. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

Can you not just buy yourself a freesat box then if it's just for your other half's benefit. Save yourself the fees.

Don't bother with sky me sen apart from having a now TV box. That, with Netflix, Amazon prime and the odd stream does the trick for me.

2. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

All the freesat channels still work on your sky box after cancelling. Don't think record works though.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  3. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

Aye, thought that was the case also.

There you go augusta, gerritt cancelled.

4. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Question for anyone who has the most basic Sky package, ie no films, variety, sport, whatever. Does it include channel 796, TV5 Monde? When I've phoned Sky I get contradictory answers.

5. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

If you can put up with hassle of haggling, you can get a good chunked knocked off if you ring them up.
    Alternatively for a discount on your current package of at least 10% automatically, just log into your Sky account online, go through the cancel procedure and it offers you your discount to stay with them (subject to new 18 month contract).
    They set this up due to the high number of people trying to knock the prices down over the phone.

6. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Sky don't have less PL games. The PL upped the number of games both Sky and BT were showing back in the summer so BT did get more games but it wasn't at the expense of Sky.

7. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

I'm on the basic package, well I think I am, and can get TV5 in Monde.

No subtitles, good job my French is up to speed.

8. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

I get English subtitles on it.!!

9. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I've done it last two years
    Last year I crumbled at a 50% discount
    This year I'm holding out and I'm up to a 60% discount at the moment...but I'm still holding out

Idi Amin likes this.
  10. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

To date, yes. Or should I say the last 3 years I have followed through with the cancel. I had it a few years before and threatened, and got some knocked off. But the real deal is to actually cancel. You go into your 28 days or whatever and someone has always rang, and they clearly have a lot more wiggle room. Always got 50% off.

I have always thought worst case, the mrs signs up as new customer. They have 50% off deals all the time. They claim the same house can't sign up for 6 months....my plan was always as she has a different name, we can probably navigate it.

Arguably 38 quid is still a lot for tv. But I like my box sets and access to the footy. Albeit the fookers are losing a lot.

11. dennisboothstash

This ^
    The ones that offer you reductions not to cancel are a totally different bunch to the generous ones that sob at you and throw reductions your way when you actually cancel
    60% may be the max...I'll see

12. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Retentions never rang us, no matter now though as I can watch whatever I want for free so Sky can do one.

13. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

I am up again in Sept for renewal. See if I get lucky again. I would of thought they took a pass at everyone.

I am always tempted to get a kodi and ditch the ****ers, guess it's just easier and familiar to move. I'm just lazy in mid life days.

14. kccircle

kccircle Well-Known Member

I got mine reduced down to £41. Happy with that. Did the same with BT too

Must pay £100 a month for tv, broadband and streaming apps. Have a Kodi too but it's gone downhill so much in last 3 months

I can afford the full price but get a kick from negotiating a deal. I did get stung once with sky threatening to cancel and they just said yes calling my bluff

15. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

I got 40% off after much negotiation which to be fair included Sky Q with 2 extra boxes, got Multiroom with box sets no sports or movies £34. 18 month contract but I'm ok with that, I get 40% off any extra channels so the footy should be about £11 for the EFL

Idi Amin likes this.
  16. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks very much. My missus is French, she wouldn't be without it otherwise I'd dump Sky altogether. Incidentally if you do need subtitles press the 'help' button on your sky remote and the option is there, at least it is on mine.

17. dennisboothstash

My offer is down to a similar price including sports and movies, but doesn't include Q or multiroom
    I am reconsidering at that price

18. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

I went for the 2tb box but to get the extra boxes, which are great, you have to have multiroom £12, do what I did at the end of my contract, ring to cancel your Sky, when they put you through to retensions, let them offer you a deal, I will be surprised is anyone gets more than 40% off, but ask.

When they offer you the deal, say something like, "That sound good but I've heard about Sky Q and would like that" the retentions team should then put you through to the dedicated Sky Q team.

DO NOT get in direct contact with Sky Q because they can't offer you a discount, oh and it's £60 installation.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  19. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

"Much negotiation" aka the poor feckers got fed up of hearing you ranting. Greeeedy bastard!

The views expressed in my posts are.

20. dennisboothstash

if you don't use the retention team and actually cancel then before its switched off they (a different dept) offer you 50% off and then if you let it actually go they offer you 60% off to come back
    or they did with me anyway

Idi Amin likes this.