1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Simon Jordan on Talksport.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Northolt-QPR, May 3, 2011.

1. COYR'S

COYR'S New Member

I am Hyperventilating and Panicing and I just want to be certain thats It'll be ok. D:

2. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

Ranger100, yup I'm a Watford fan, who doesn't like QPR fans coming down the Rookery and being taunted. That's why the police horses came on the pitch - D'oh.

As for the new owner of our club, he has been hired by Lord Ashcroft to "take the hit", be a fall guy if you like. I know he stinks and I'm not happy. I would love to see football cleaned up, but there is such a long way to go.

Back to the thread, yes I thought QPR had 7 charges hanging over them, its just that the BBC detailed just 6. Don't you think being guilty of 6 is enough, frankly looking at the Luton case, you will be lucky with just a 10 point deduction. Don't forget Mark Bright was the one who announced on the beeb that it was the QPR legal team that have been delaying the case. He wouldn't have said that unless he was 100% sure.

The beeb will be showing QPR on the telly because this story will run and run - there is no other story in football with this amount of controversy.

You can't honestly say that one club can have 3 such "controversial" figures as Paladini, Briatore and Warnock and yet be "innocent". QPR have been arbitrating on the punishment for months so it will be fascinating to hear the outcome this weekend.

I still remember the QPR game at the Vic in Dec 2010 when Buszacky got Jim Magilton the sack!

3. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

And I rest my case, all he knows is, he doesn't like the Rs.
    Can't think why, lovely we R!

4. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

To contrast QPR with Norwich, Norwich have quietly gone about the business of achieving promotion. We took 4 points off them this season, yet you could see they were always going to finish in the top 10.

When they celebrated at Portsmouth the other night there were no police horses needed, there was no trouble. They are a good "clean club", who go about their business in a professional manner, they have had a sold out stadium, full of season ticket holders for many years - even when they were relegated to League 1 they sold over 18,000 ST. Now they are back on the up they are back to 24,000 ST and they can boast higher revenues and less cost than QPR.

I would pay to see Norwich, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch QPR because I don't like all the "drama queens" at QPR. Its as simple as that really.

5. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

In answer to Northolt's point, quite a few of my friends are QPR fans - living in Bushey you're never far from an R!!! They know my feelings and don't particularly like the "drama queens" either.

We just laugh about the good old days like 1975/76, Colin's team aren't a patch on those players - surely you agree with that?

6. Northolt-QPR

You keep posting on this thread without saying how you know we're guilty, admit you know nothing!
    Not a clue<laugh>

7. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

Northolt, you don't have to go far on this board to hear your fellow fans admit to their fears. Surely even you understand this case hasn't gone this far only for Paladini to be declared "innocent" on all 7 charges.

Corruption is rife in football, I can think of a few cases at Watford over the years. I would love the sport to be cleaned up and for the cheats, spivs and drama queens to go elsewhere.

Simple really isn't it?

8. Northolt-QPR

No mate, you're still trying to blag it, you know nothing about it.

9. arazis

arazis New Member

I think the tabloids have blown this out of proportion to sell papers, and a lot of the important finer details have been twisted to create drama.

A points deduction would cause a huge headache, they surely can't dock us points for something which was reported to them 2 years ago.

10. Northolt-QPR

Good post.