1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SIGURDSSON

Discussion in 'Everton' started by DragonPhilljack, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

If they didn't they'd have been all over us in the press and complaining to the FA about us for suggest as much.

The Liverpool press appear to be distancing Everton from their £40m bid by not mentioning it, after announcing it yesterday, and they are turning on Sigurdsson saying he's not worth the money, continuing to destabilize him.

All we've ever said is that we value Siggy at £50m, that's what he's worth to us. Now we're saying to Everton shut up or pay up.

I do expect Everton to come back with a £30-40m offer in a couple of weeks so I'd like us to see us put a sell by date on the deal just to bring things to a head on our terms, just to see if your serious or not.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

Everton don't do running to the press mate I'd suggest that's your lots doing tbh after the Leicester bid perhaps to spark an auction

3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

No? Now you're just making yourself look really dumb mate, of course you do.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  4. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

No need for Swansea to report to the press a bid was made/rejected.

Maybe it was an attempt to bump up the players price.

I'm sure poor old Swansea have been treated harshly by all involved.

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

If we think we're treated harshly we'll tell you <ok>

How do you know we told the press that we rejected the £40m offer from Leicester anyway? Story could have come from a Leicester source. Yesterday morning the press announced that you'd made a club record offer for Sigurdsson, where'd that story come from?

Are you saying it's ok for the press report on a story if it comes from you but its not ok if its from another source, just what's your point? So what if we told the press we'd rejected an offer from Leicester anyway, clubs tell the press of offers if they've been made, accepted or rejected every day, so what's your problem?

6. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Did that come from the club, the agent or Swansea.

7. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

http://news.sky.com/story/gylfi-sigurdsson-to-miss-swansea-tour-after-40m-everton-bid-fails-10946774

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...a-everton-transfer-gylfi-sigurdsson--10788539

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...rton-closing-gylfi-sigurdsson-record-13325365

Just a few links I picked up on on the day; around 07.45 a.m ish. Just got home from overnight drive so remember (ish) the time I was reading them. There were loads more all with the same story. Seemed to be the only story in the press that morning, probably I was just blind to any others.

On way out now, catch you later if need to.

8. Justovertheline

Now why the **** are we going to brag to the press about getting a bid turned down you lemon there is only ever going to be one source of bids and on this occasion it's you lot there is no reason for us to run to the press the same as it's pointless bidding the same for a player that Leicester bid?

Why would we match the Leicester bid knowing it's not good enough? Seems totally opposite to what we have done this window thus far....We have managed to deal with other clubs amicably it's only little Swansea that are throwing their toys out because their star player wants out ffs

Makes me wonder if we have really put a bid in tbh

9. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

**** me, they've really cut into your education budget up your way haven they?

To save you going back and reading my quote, that's another word for what I said, here's what I said in big words to help you.

"Yesterday morning the press announced that you'd made a club record offer for Sigurdsson"

No mention of any amount, no mention of us rejecting the bid, no mention about you running to the press to brag about it, nothing, just a plain old statement confirming what the press had written in the morning.

The only mention I made of any bid being rejected was regarding Leicesters bid, see below

In response to a post from your mukka PJS
    "How do you (PJS) know we told the press that we rejected the £40m offer from Leicester anyway? Story could have come from a Leicester source.
    Yesterday morning the press announced that you'd made a club record offer for Sigurdsson, where'd that story come from?
    "

See, I mentioned Leicester Cities £40m bid and the fact that we'd rejected it. For some strange reason your PJS seemed to think, because the press got hold of the story that we'd rejected Leicester's bid, suggested that the reason we told the press we'd rejected the bid was a veiled attempt on our part to set off a bidding war, a bidding war for a player we don't want to sell? That's some funky logic that is.

Still, there's no mention of Everton running to the press, in fact there's no mention of Everton at all. So what are you banging on about dude?

Anyway, here in sunny Swansea we honestly couldn't give a toss what you guys on Mersey side think on the saga, or anyone else for that matter, but we're not throwing our toys around as you suggest. On the contrary, I think we're being quite calm about it all, pragmatic even. As we see it, if he goes then as long as he goes for the right price, which is our price, then so be it. We cant stop anyone from leaving if they truly don't want to stay here but if he does go then a pound of flesh would help us get over our loss and if he stays, happy days, even beter.

So far all bids have fallen short of our valuation so, at this point anyway, he remains a Swansea player and favourite to be our captain next season. He's certainly NOT going any where until we here the gong that his valuation has been met.

As for you guys, I don't expect you to come back with another bid for a couple of weeks as your press and pundits have some work to do in devaluing Siggy a little, or a lot, in the media. After a couple of weeks of 'he's not worth it', 'Barkley is the better option', 'We don't need him Rooney can take the corners and free kicks', you'll come back with a sneaky bid below our valuation, say around £35-40m mark, hoping that we'll snatch your hands off. By that time of course Sigurdsson will be well a very unhappy camper, your boys in the media will make sure of that. If that is your play then I hope our owners tell you Royally to **** off, yet again, when you eventually show your hand and make a low blow offer.

By the way, you got other things to be chasing anyway so why distract yourselves with all this. You start your Europa odyssey on the 27th, good luck there, so go get Nacer Chadli if your desperate for another midfielder. He's very unhappy in baggies land right now so you may want to look to him to bolster your squad. He's said he wants out and Pullis doesn't like him so chuck them a bid of £30-£35m and I reckon he's yours, good player too. What you think dudes?

10. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

I hope that the line about education budget cuts is supposed to be ironic. Or you have been on the lash all day.

11. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Just having a giggle with ya!

12. Justovertheline

Summary? Stopped reading 2 sentances in when you started coming across as a sheep shagging ****er lol

13. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

<laugh> <laugh> Love them sheep me. Not a happy scouser then? <laugh> <laugh>

"SENTENCES" that's how the words spelt, I rest my case <laugh> <laugh>
    lol??? are you six? <laugh>

14. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

In summary it appears that Swansea want big money and the player hasn't gone on tour.

In the evil press we are linked to Walcott and Mahrez.

Now I would pay big money for Walcott, he has pace and would indicate Mirallas is on his way out I hope

Justovertheline likes this.
  15. Justovertheline

Err nope i could see you wrote a 400 mile long pile of gibberish i couldnt be bothered to read lol...
    But you convince yourself you have upset somebody if you like...

16. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Truth be told you can't afford him!...................<whistle>

Stumpy likes this.
  17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Come back in a week and review that post at your leisure

18. DragonPhilljack

My pleasure..................;)

Stumpy and Peej like this.
  19. DragonPhilljack

So have you coughed up yet! been over a week? Need more time aye?...............................<whistle>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  20. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator