1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Signing of the season

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Matth_2014, Sep 19, 2016.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

World class, we all knew it last season but he wasn't then as he played for Leicester apparently :emoticon-0136-giggl

Not an ounce of loyalty mind. If Real come in for him this summer he'd want to go. Whether he'd get his wish as Chelsea would probably fight to keep him better than we did but not giving him a release clause

2. The Ginger Marks

Seemed crazy that Leicester gave Kante a release clause especially set at £22 M. He doesn't have one at Chelsea but then Chelsea will have UCL football next season too. I'd imagine at just 25 years old he would should we wish to sell go for more than the fake Kante.....Pogba.

3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Let's not forget that he was untried (in the Prem) and his physique was likely putting potential suitors off.

In fairness, I have no problem with his 'loyalty' because I have little expectation on that front from fotballers today. Modern football is not about loyalty it's about money predominantly and then trophies.

Kante wasn't overly keen to join us. A club in the East Midlands of England that had just escaped relegation the season before?. Not the greatest career spring board on the face of it. He was after a transfer to Marseilles but they would not meet the asking price and o he came to us. He could have been a bit down and moody about that - but if he was he never let it affect him. He gave a 100% in every game and was hugely instrumental in winning us the title. The release clause was there for a reason and he kept his part of the bargain in doing more than enoughto have someone come in and trigger it. I just hope we have a sell on - because the likes of Barca, Real and PSG must all be interested by now ... and if Pogba is worth £90 milion, Kante is worth what?

As Frank Lampard said last night - he is currently the best defensive midfielder in the world. Some news for Frank mind - he was arguably that last season too :)

4. The Ginger Marks

That is apparent to everybody bar red tinted glasses or bitter Spuds.

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Big Vic must have choked on his spaghetti last night while getting excited at the thought of being able to do it again soon.

All jokes aside Kante is fantastic, I said after last season that he'd need to perform again before being able to tell if he's truly top drawer or just a one season wonder and he's definitely done that. You'd do well to find a better CM in Europe right now.

After Zlatan's stupidity the other week and getting the ban, I'd have to say Kante, Wanyama and Mane (in that order) now leapfrog him in my SOTS voting. It's tainted what was going to be an excellent first season for him. Still incredible that at 74 years old he's able to bang goals in for fun though.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  6. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I like Kante he reminds me of my 12 year old nephew Abdul Jabbar.

7. The Ginger Marks

Jabber the hutt?

8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Did I say that?

9. The Ginger Marks

Subliminally yes.

10. The Ginger Marks

RED MIST
    Marcos Rojo facing retrospective FA ban after appearing to stamp on Chelsea’s Eden Hazard
    Argentine could face a spell on the sidelines a week after Tyrone Mings received a five-match ban for stamping

By Richard Forrester
    13th March 2017, 10:26 pm

Updated: 14th March 2017, 8:27 am

IMG_2084.JPG

Sign Da Ting and StanDMan like this.

11. Zincubus

Zincubus New Member

No .. The ref saw it and deemed it to be accidental .

No action being taken ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk