1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should not 606 be renamed Saints forum?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fran-MLs little camera, Mar 20, 2011.

1. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Joking of course, but we are by far the most active on this site in League 1. We have posted 3858 items (plus this one) with Leyton Orient the next most active at 177. What does this mean: we are a big club (mmm yes), we are more literate, have more computers, have no jobs and nothing better to do? Also explains why we get input from opposition supporters. They are sure of gossip here..their sites must have tumble weed blowing across. I enjoy not606 and I'd like others to enjoy it as well. Perhaps more advertising to other teams is required.

2. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Do you know, I was thinking along similar lines? HOADIE_BOY has been on a lot of sites and pushed up the numbers of them. Do you think it would attract more, to this site if everyone went for a little holiday, from their own and main rivals site, and just chose a board that needs a bit of oomph, so they look busier, and possibly bring more fans on board?

To repay HOADIE_BOY for all his hard work, I've paid a couple of visits to Gillinghams board so far.

3. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Could it be that we protest too much?

4. evolution of saints

evolution of saints Active Member

It might pick up when the official 606 one closes down as people will look for a new site

5. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

So the point I'm making is that the busier this site looks, threads, postings groups etc; then the more people are likely to choose this one, and things can carry on as before.:smile:

6. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Thanks mate for the good comments about me,
    I have only been on here a week toady and I think im doing my job which is getting people talking which I like to do.
    Thanks for reconising me for what I have been doing.

7. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah agreed because look at extratime one it is rubbish hardly any people on there and next it has like one gills post and low numbers on other boards so if people look on here, they will see it is good on here and will come to here.

8. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

We all like sites full of like-minded people, though with differing opinions, and a few others for seasoning (like pompeymeowth and Hoadie). Just wondered why other sites are less well attended...do they know about not606. Interestingly, in the Championship Hull are very active.

9. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good idea Meowth.

With a lot of new forums springing up, maybe we have a bit of a numbers attract numbers situation, with Team A's supporters migrating enmasse to a particular forum. In the case of the Championship one team seems to have migrated in numbers to not606.

Of 2,004 threads and 30,786 comments in the Championship, 1,122 and 19,384 are on the HULL CITY board!

10. HOADIE_BOI

I have posted onto BBC 606 telling gills fans and other football fans about here but many seem to be waiting for BBC to shut till they move over. Well Gillingham were the most active league 2 team on there but on here it is Wycombe, so it seems down to me to get Gillinghams board up and going aswell as helping out a few others which I like doing.

11. HOADIE_BOI

Thats shocking when you have clubs like Pompey, QPR, Watford, Millwall, Leeds, Shef Utd and Norwich on there, I know Hull is a big place but to have that massive proportion of the posts is well bad to look at when thinking about the other clubs small numbers.

12. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Did you see the Rangers goals today? How to hit the post and still score, why doesn't that happen to us?

13. HOADIE_BOI

What was the score
    I don't ever look at scotish football scores but Id like to know

14. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

This site is growing nicely and should grow a bit more after the beeb closes their network. The posters on sites not getting any custom, could always do something like HOADIE BOY is doing and visit more productive ones. Apart from helping each other it is also promoting better relationships between sites and therefore fans of clubs.

15. HOADIE_BOI

See you have reconised what I am doing
    I think it is best to get the ones which have low numbers of posts up so that this site has a fair amount of posts on each wall

16. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

When is the Beeb even closing its 606? I left it about a month ago, then came here just around a week ago. I might pop over to a few clubs' boards, I have done a bit but their debate is hardly stimulating, productive or attended at times.

17. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah we need more people on here

18. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

With regard to the thread title, Why not simply 'Saints 606' once other lot have packed up.