1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should legend Leon start at Chelsea ?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swanseaandproud, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Name me one player that has ran rings around Leon THIS season, let alone in previous years.
    You keep saying goes look to the future, bugger the future, Leon is here in the present and at present, he's still good enough and will have a big role go play in helping us stay up this season.
    Now with Carroll on board, we should be able to get another year out of Leon if managed and used wisely.

swan_and_only likes this.
  2. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I don't understand what Dai has against Leon but IMO he definitely has an important role to play this season.

Do I think he should he start if fit? No. Only because Carroll is that type of player we've been missing from the start of the season (box to box energy). But as some have already said he's still the best passer of the ball in our squad and is the best at protecting our back four.

seabreeze and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  3. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Leon should have started against Chelsea . His presence would have induced confidence , never mind his " Cool " presence on the ball .

4. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I don't think it would have made any difference and in some ways Clement is right to look to the future.

5. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. BUT.... leaving certain players out of this one would have kept their confidence intact regardless of the outcome and Clement would get a bit of a look at the squad at the same time . I find a few things a bit confusing , how come Narsingh is not starting ....Why isn't VDH not even making the bench ( Doghouse or injury) I suspect .... Guys like Ki and Fulton need a minute or two and this should have been the game to get them . But , I'm not going to doubt Clement because he's been fantastic and overall , we played ok against a super team today , a super team that needed errors by us to win today . Very happy going into next game and the few after .

6. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I disagree. We will need Leon for the next 4 games. Get him fit and 100% for this crucial period coming up.

7. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Not good enough, not good enough.

8. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Agree VDH not good enough at present, Clement and Makele's coaching may improve him, Ki injured and Leon must be nursed and held back for when he truly can make a difference.

seabreeze and ValleyGraduate12 like this.