1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should Coyle go

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by fromthestands, Sep 29, 2013.

1. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

We're only a few short weeks in to the Championship and the Europa league and already some fans are calling for the sacking of Owen Coyle (not me.YET) and yet we are still the FA cup holders and in Europe.so lets take another view of things we are short of how're best players because they are not fit to play just yet(hopefully Holt is not far of making a come back) and the fact that we are infact playing 2 game's a week and will soon have 3 games inhand witch other club as that to contend with so come on lets get behind the team and yes the Manager and as always like a true latic fan see this threw together .
    Keep the faith. ;)

2. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Bit early in the season for that to be honest only 8 games in, so can't really judge much yet, but one mistake he's made in my opinion is only having two recognized strikers in Holt and Fortune, we should have 3/4 in the team to have more options. I don't really like seeing Powell as a striker because that's not his main position and he's much better being played in midfield.

3. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

I was devastated when he got the job and I've tried my best to muster up some "give him time, let the team gel, let them leanr how he want to play", all that stuff, but I'm finding it really hard. It's kinda why I've stayed away from my two usual WAFC forums too, because I just know I'm going to end up posting negative stuff!

I don't like how he's treated the core of a team which had good team spirit. I don't like the way that players like Maloney, McArthur, Espinoza, McMananaman have been marginalised and Coyle's purchases are getting starts they're not fit for. I don't understand the system he's trying to play and I think he's too negative. I don't think the players respect him and want to play for him in the same way that Bobby got them to do. I don't like that we bought two strikers in their early thirties who can't play ninety minutes and that's all the striking options we've got, apart from Dicko who he then doesn't give a run to. I don't like that so many of our players look undercoached. And I don't like that we're seven points off bottom and seventeen off first place, and if we don't win our two games in hand - of which one is tomorrow night - then lower mid table is beckoning. I never expected us to get promoted this year, but I did expect us to compete in games - like Charlton away - where really, we should be able to raise our game enough to win. I don't mean "we should be beating teams like Charlton" but, with a bit of nous, they were there to be beat at the weekend, and we didn't do it.

That's better. :)

4. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

HP have yourself a good rest ln a dark room after that mate.:)

5. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Hi chaps, so Coyle seems to have failed. Any special reasons why? I've read HP's rant above and it seems Coyle didn't get off on the right foot. Mind you it was a tough act to follow after Martinez, he always had you playing decent football. I've seen that Jewel and Phelan may be in the frame, wouldn't touch Jewel after the cock up he made at the Binners place, but Phelan seems a good shout. Anyway good luck hope it comes right for you.

6. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Tell you what ilovedelia I just hope he as at least a speck of credibility and not somebody who is going to jump ship everytime the going get'ts tough from the fans because we are starting to become a laughing stock again
    Anyway hope every thing goes well at your place for the rest of the season.

7. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Delia mate that wasn't a rant. That was a cool headed expostulation. What Coyle had me doing at the games - those were rants!

I've always thought that Phelan conducted himself well but I've no idea if he has what it takes to be a manager. Holloway is a interesting shout - but if he was willing to step down a level I'd have Jol in a heartbeat. I suspect he'll be off back to the continent though.

Got to note though that two nights on the trot I've dreamt that Uncle Dave brought in Steve Kean.....

8. ilovedelia

Yes I agree, lets hope he just keeps his thoughts to himself and not go slagging the club off.
    Thanks for your good wishes, but we aren't in very good shape at the moment, most of our football is very negative, it may well keep us up but only just, and I'm not happy watching that type of football week in week out, it's not the Norwich way. But what do you do? As a supporter you have to keep with the club through the good times and the bad.

9. ilovedelia

HP, Phelan has been saying that he was effectively managing Man U for the last couple of seasons!! I think he's trying to get into management, not sure saying things like that will help, but it may well have a grain of truth in it. He has been talked about here at Norwich as a replacement for Houghton. Jol is a good shout, he's been treated pretty poorly at Fulham since they got bought out, I wouldn't rule him out.
    I'm a bit bothered that you dream of blokes mate, I'm just glad I've got Delia to dream about!! <ok>