1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by RobespierreFFC, Jul 2, 2011.

1. RobespierreFFC

Just wondering if anyone is knows roughly how many season tickets the club are planning to sell before declaring them a sell out. Last season my friend and I (both members) found it increasingly difficult to get decent seats due to the huge number of season tickets the club sell. I had a look at the seating plan for this season and they seem to have sold even more, so even if we buy on the morning tickets go on sale it is still hard to find decent seats. The post is mainly in relation to the hammersmith end (particularly H4 & H5) though I imagine applies to the haynes stand as well as this often seems to have very limited availability for individual matches. While I see the benefits of having lots of season ticket holders (high revenue and increasingly the likelihood of sell outs) do any non-season tickets holders agree that this could reduce the point in purchasing club membership and therefore a higher number seats should be available for purchase for individual matches?

2. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Yes, I agree. I have been looking at the club website every day, seems like there are not a great deal of seats left. I also sit in H4/H5 when going to games (mainly for the atmosphere)

I was worried about this as I have just purchased my son and I a membership each.

However I did read that a select number of seats are reserved for members for some games.

I think next term a season ticket may be the only option, which is of course difficult for people who cant commit every home game

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I was a member for the first time last season, mainly to get my son and I access to tickets sooner (and thus getting better seats) than previously. The large increase in season tickets on the back of the Europa season meant that we didn't improve the quality of seats we had access to, but at least it meant that they didn't get worse. We sit in the Johnny Haynes now, as there is less standing up and sitting down of the people in front of my boy, who is only 7 and doesn't always get the best view in the Hammersmith End.

They do keep a certain number of seats for members, but when I tried to buy tickets for the Liverpool game last year, the phone lines were constantly engaged and the website failing to connect due to heavy usage. As it turned out, it was just as well we didn't get tickets as the subsequent change of date would have meant we couldn't come (we live in Bournemouth, and he would have had school the following day!) To be honest, as frustrating as it is, I guess we just have to accept it as a price to pay for the club's growing success in the last couple of years. The only sure way of getting tickets whenever you want is, as WDWW says, a season ticket - if you can afford it; sadly I can't.

Even though I only go to a few games a season, a membership still improves the seat you can get. My son appreciates all the free Fulham bumf that he gets sent because of his junior membership, which is good value for only a tenner.

4. WhatDoesWoyWant?

This was the problem I thought I would come up against - the seats are not going to be in the best area and there probably aren't going to many 2/3 seats next to each other.

I will have a look at the Villa tickets when they get released and take it from there I guess

5. RobespierreFFC

You're right WDWW, it is finding 2/3 seats next to each other which is the problem I have found. In the past there has usually just been me and one other mate going to matches, though we're trying to introduce another friend this year into following fulham and so ideally will normally want 3 seats together. I imagine this could become even tougher should we have another good run in Europe as well. I will always favor H4/H5 myself because of the atmosphere and value for money and am sometimes a bit disappointed when sitting elsewhere. Sat in the riverside end for the Runavik game and even felt slightly awkward standing and cheering when the goals went in. If you can get a seat at the back of H5 there is really no comparison for vocal support.

6. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

This is probably breaking all the site rules guys, but in an emergency I'd be glad to help if possible. As a season ticket holder, loyality points etc, I get first dabs at buying extra tickets for most games for 'friends and family'. Usually not the Cat A games (L'pool, etc) but most others where there is fewer away support, including Europe and cup.

Haven't thought through how it would work, but as I said if it's not against any protocol and it's manageable, good to go.

Also, you could try the FFC Official web page where they allow individuals to sell (at face value) tickets for a paticular match they can't attend. Can't remember what it's actually called but they do advertise it on site from time to time.

7. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

I think its Seatwave - Not used it myself, but I'd be interested in any feedback on it (given the experience of all the fixture changes last season.

8. Captain Morgan

That's very kind of you Cottager. I'm sure many of us may try to take you up on that as the season goes on!

9. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

I have a season ticket and find difficult to get 2-3 seats together when tickets for high demand games are out. JH at the block where I am sitting it is almost all season tickets now. The block next to me has a few good seats.

10. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

According to the ever knowledgeable @WhiteNoise1879 on Twitter (follow him if you're on there) last season there were over 17,000 season ticket holders. If you take into account 2-3000 away fans for bigger matches, that's only about 5-6,000 tickets left for members and general sale. The club has planning permission to increase the capacity by another 3,000 or so, but shelved the plans during the great escape season because they thought we were going down. Surely time to get this back on the agenda with nearly every match selling out.

11. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Very kind indeed may I add, its just paying for them that could cause us problems though, how would we do that??

12. Captain Morgan

The joy of this site over the old 606 is that you can send personal messages which aren't available for all and sundry to read. I would think the easiest thing is either to share email addresses or phone numbers via PM and sort it out that way, or to share postal addresses and send a cheque.

13. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Yeah that could work I could even take his client ref for the FFC website and book and pay myself for them to avoid posting card numbers etc.

Of course thats only if you are happy doing that Cottager