1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Seagulls V Canaries

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Oct 28, 2016.

1. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Ah, FINALLY! - I´m very, very pleased to hear it, because you´ve been doing a very good job of giving the opposite impression all along. And I can confirm, I´m only dense when it comes to mobile phones, I don´t have one, and wouldn´t know what to do with it, if I did.

Have a good day. :)

2. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

A contentious statement. On the one hand i agree with you, if you consider that loyalty and passion can only be exhibited by being a good little consumer by buying tickets and £73 shirts. On the other other hand life throws all manner of barriers in the way for many of us to regularly attend.

Can we all afford it? Is someone less passionate who has been priced out of attending to put food on their family table? Am I less passionate because I pick and choose my games because it can cost me inxs of £100 by the time I have travelled, watched and consumed for a game?

Does our job get in the way? Some not me will work on a Saturday or so far a field it becomes very difficult to attend. Should we show proper passion and change jobs/move/take holidays?

In my case I could if I prioritised it get to more games and I would say there are a number of more passionate fans out there than I. I chose to do other things with my weekend. I could comeback for virtually every weekend game and if i were living in Norwich I would get myself a season ticket. But there are other things to do at weekends that I like to do and whilst they would be possible as well as football if I didn't have 2.5-3 hours of travelling each way that means it is a full day per home match for me. So I chose other things sometimes, others might not so I guess that makes them more passionate.

Bah!

3. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Where does the £73 pound shirt come from? I paid £46 for mine!

4. General Melchett

Dave's legendary posted and printed shirt

Bah!

5. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well, I suppose if people will insist on having Assombalonga printed on the back.....:grin:

Resurgam likes this.
  6. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

The people that go to every single home and away game even Tuesday Coca Cola cup away games in LEEDS sit through extra time and penalties then drive back to NORFOLK and get up early for work are more passionate than me.
    That level of sacrifice would probably risk your health marriage and sanity though.

ilovedelia likes this.
  7. ilovedelia

Last year me and a friend spent 7 hours on a coach to watch us play Everton in the league cup, Tuesday evening game 7:45pm kickoff. Game ended 1-1 extra time played, lost on penalties! Another 7 hours return trip, then an hours drive to get home, walked into my house at 7am the next day having started out from there at 10am the previous day. It was a good game to watch and we were unlucky to lose. What amazed me was the turn out of City fans, we easily out sung the home fans, makes you proud to be associated with them and the club.

8. DUNCAN DONUTS

Well if you think that's better than me checking the result on teletext the next day ? and that makes you more of a fan ? then Sir we will have to agree to disagree . <doh>

9. ilovedelia

I think sacrificing 21 hours of my life, 14 of them on a coach going North, motorway food and lack of sleep...qualifies!!! <laugh><whistle>

10. DUNCAN DONUTS

There are certain posters that read a write up on BBC sport and listen to Neil's soundbite and for some unknown reason try to argue with people who have just witnessed at first hand what actually went on in real time.
    I have seen posters even write player ratings after listening to radio commenty .<somersault>
    Truly bizzare behaviour and if you ask "were you there " they instantly get offended .

Walsh.i.am and ilovedelia like this.

11. General Melchett

I think your two finger typing for that post was average at best. I would rate left hand finger a 6/10 and right hand finger a 3/10, sort it out! Him off the radio said you farted repeatedly giving this post a rather nasty whiff!

Was I there?......................Oh piss off!

Bah!

ilovedelia likes this.
  12. DUNCAN DONUTS

It's the same as writing film revues based on looking at the poster outside of the cinema without actually going to see the movie .

13. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

I also started watching City in the sixties.

When i was single I went to all games, home and away. Later, I was a season ticket holder for many years, through good and bad. Recently, through work and family commitments, I go only rarely.

Thus, I am barely a fan at all. I hope this confession will nullify any later unpleasantness I may experience. <ok>

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  14. ilovedelia

No farting!!!!!!! :emoticon-0119-puke:

15. DUNCAN DONUTS

I use an app that types what I say .
    Should of set it to Yokel as it can't decipher 've properly leading to embarrassing type o's .

16. ilovedelia

I've a confession to make; I'm not really a season ticket holder nor are the other six members of my family, we don't go to games mainly because we don't know where Norwich is, how to get there or what they actually do? My opinions are gleaned from other people's posts on here or sometimes they come in dreams. I dreamed I was at Wembley last year where we were watching some blokes running around, apparently it was all very exciting especially for the blokes in Yellow who nicked a silver mug or something. A woman cook wandered around on the lawn waving at people trapped on some slopes. I have phoned a local radio station called "Granary fail" to give my considered views, it was fun because people actually took me seriously, even though I know nothing about the thing they do!
    Okay it's appropriate to say On the Bill, at this point, it's the song they sing. Glad I've got that off my chest. :emoticon-0126-nerd:

ncgandy likes this.
  17. General Melchett

Much more like it!

bah!

18. General Melchett

Have I been not singing it right for years now? I thought it was "On the pill city" And you could never mind the danger of getting her up the stick! I really should stay for longer than a brief picnik in future!

Bah!

KIO, ilovedelia and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  19. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

After last weekend's shambolics, the home supporters could justifyably change it to "Off the boil, City" :(

ilovedelia likes this.
  20. General Melchett

Can we change it to Doh! we've conceded a goal. Not too many haaah's last week!

Bah!

ilovedelia likes this.