1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Salcido out, Konchesky in (maybe)

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by dempsey's revenge, May 18, 2011.

1. WhatDoesWoyWant?

I like the idea of qualifying for the Europa league and letting the youngsters play.

Trotta, Briggs, M-Brown, Hoesen, Kacaniclik (spelling) Harris ETC. they are the future of our club and would love to see what they are like.

2. rocky57

rocky57 Member

We'll see, but should we qualify I think Hughes is a manager who really goes for cup competitions, so he may not favour this option totally. A compromise would be possible.

3. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Just have to see what happens tomorrow I guess!

I'm in the Riverside tomorrow, was hoping i'd get hammersmith (for the banter) but the tickets were free so I cant moan!!

4. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Briggs did better yesterday than when he played at Highbury, but got totally skinned by Walcott at the end. I'll still take Knoch back. IF (again if) we get into Europe again, his experience would be useful.

5. valjing

valjing Member

To be quite honest i am not to impressed with Briggs,have watched him a lot at Motspur Park,
    he quite often looks, and is wrong footed.The great factor about a full back is can he anticipate,
    this is something you have, or not and I dont think Briggs has it,much like the rave reviews 5 or 6
    years ago said by the Fulham fans about Zat Knight.I advocate dont throw them in at the deep end
    but loan out at a much lower league .Saying that I hope I am wrong,at nearly 21 he should be playing regular football.

6. rocky57

rocky57 Member

A fair point rf. At 21 he should be competing for a first team spot. He looked ok on Sunday, but that was to compare him with Salcido. Clearly pace found him out at the end.

7. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I think we should look elsewhere for another full back. Like Val says, Briggs is looking like he may not make the cut as a first-teamer, and I can't see Konch being the same player we had last season. Though I'm at a loss as to who else we should look to. Shorey would be a good shout but I think he's the wrong side of 30 now.