1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Saints v West Ham - K.O. 3pm Saturday 19th August

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by jonny 'hasen' shuttle, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Velcro Roy

Velcro Roy Well-Known Member

Enough now? Please.

2. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Spanking?

Think you might be on the wrong forum.

fatletiss likes this.
  3. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I was trying to remember why West Ham were on my dislike list and realised it was down to when we were trying to gain promotion from the Championship and they were rivals at the top. As a matter of principle I want them to finish below us (together with Bournemouth and Brighton), but I have now promoted them to the neutral list. After some housekeeping, my dislike list is very short being basically Liverpool (the bastards). Everton are next (as long as Koeman is there because don't like seeing him being interviewed). United are there for old times sake. Spurs have shuffled down and are close to being a neutral team.

4. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

I can't see any of those teams in a similar position to Saints in trying to improve themselves as being on a "dislike" list although, for reasons I could never really appreciate other than their plastic pitch, Luton Town always used to be next after Portsmouth. I think that both these teams haven't been on our radar for years now. You always expect a match against West Ham to be entertaining - other than during Allardyce's tenure.Tony Pulis' teams are usually pretty dreadful but the lack of entertainment is insufficient reason to put them on a dislike list.

5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Carefully chosen word for those two :)

Archers Road likes this.
  6. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

As labelling people and places seems to be taboo I have written the ultimate generic PC match report. There will no longer be a need to name players or places as this will offend the sensitive so the terms that physically describe someone by colour or gender must go and as place may imply some sort of hierarchy of value locations and places must not be mentioned. We must also not differentiate by gender so in future every match report will be "Some people from different places met and kicked a ball around for a while". Who scored the most goals is immaterial as this would imply failure and criticism. We shall no longer publish a league table as this might imply some people have greater worth. Finally we need to think again about the football itself as the skins of murdered animals are used in their manufacture. It has been suggested that a beach ball would be a suitable alternative. Finally cheering and chanting will be banned at games as this implies an unfair preference for a group of people or another and could cause distress and upset. There you have it. The way to a happy and contented world. Thankfully I will soon be dead.

7. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

I thought this was a match thread ffs.

fatletiss likes this.
  8. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

3-1 Saints.

9. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

It is, but come on SF86, this might be Godders last one. Show some respect man <laugh>

10. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

I dislike your use of the word match. It implies equality when in the Premier League teams most certainly aren't matched.

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.

11. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

What? Do you think I might get banned FFS?

fatletiss likes this.
  12. fran-MLs little camera

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017...-two-mauricio-pellegrino-southampton-west-ham

The written press section of Mauricio's press conference. Sorry if posted earlier. I liked his answer when he was asked about the problem of having 5 CBs if we sign a new player and Virgil is available. 'I would rather have a solution on the pitch than a problem.' No manager is going to complain about having too many players.

13. fran-MLs little camera

Of course not. Fats was thinking about you being called to God's arms. But as we all know that will never happen....you are eternal. :)

fatletiss likes this.
  14. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Don't think they are anymore, Grandad. We're in the 21st Century now, or some of us are.

15. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

OK, here goes.

It wasn't a comment about anything other than the fact that you regularly referred to Claude Puel (whom you made clear you didn't like from the day he started) as "The Frenchman". You seem to have a low opinion of Sofiane Boufal, whom you call "The Algerian". The prejudice to which I was referring is your prejudice against people without reason that shows by the way you choose to refer to them. It's nothing at all to do with PC or not-PC, it's to do with writing about people as human beings and having an open rather than closed mind.

So, to clarify the clarification, I felt that your use of the words "The Algerian" after an excellent performance last game suggested you'd prejudged him in exactly the same way as you did "The Frenchman" last year: once that's happened, experience tells me you'll be on his back whatever he does for the rest of the year. Hence the word "prejudice".

Prejudice: an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason

Nothing at all to do with racism or nationalism (or Naziism, ffs)

Vin

16. fran-MLs little camera

17. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

See that anticipation... the movement... the cool head... the great finish....

18. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

19. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

jonny 'hasen' shuttle Well-Known Member

Ok so I am going for 1-0 to saints. I have been thinking about it since Tuesday and thats my decision

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  20. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

jonny 'hasen' shuttle Well-Known Member