1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sack or stay vote

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jan 14, 2017.

?

Do you want LJ to stay or go

Poll closed Jan 21, 2017.
  1. Sack

63.6%
  2. Stay

36.4%
  1. raver

raver Well-Known Member

On what basis do you know others should "defer to your experience" how do you know others don't have as much or more experience of recruiting, training and mentoring. I am not saying I disagree with your position on LJ, just you may find you had less critics if you demonstrated more humble approach instead of being a billy big b@llocks

RedorDead likes this.
  2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I assume LJ is still our Manager this morning, but if we lose at Fleetwood and at Forest then it HAS to be curtains surely ?

3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Fleetwood and Forest two more losses under LJ sorry guys:emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin

4. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

Don't see our fate in the cup having much relevance so losing there doesn't really matter. I think we will lose at Forest and Villa but still expect LJ to be there for the home game with Wed.

At that point I intend to boycott the game as a protest. Already paid for my ST so it won't affect the club. However I think we will be at the point where we need to show SL that enough is enough. A mass boycott needs to be organised imho as he needs a nudge to force him to do what is needed.

5. Red Robin

100% agree with you if LJ is still there then a protest either at the ground or boycotting a game will show the management the fans concern:emoticon-0148-yes:

6. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Genuinely wanted him to turn it around but unlike O'Driscoll, McInnes & Cotts he isn't doing a terrible job. That might sound a bit odd but what I mean is we're losing by the odd goal every time and lately we seem to be doing it in the last 10-15 minutes of the game. That to me isn't just a managerial problem, that's a player problem. The manager can't physically run on to the pitch and close players down, he can't remind mark little to defend whilst in play, he can only tell them.

However, this is no excuse to keep him in the job. There were several mistakes made yesterday before kick off. Hegeler CAN play in defence when needed but you can tell he'd benefit us greatly in midfield, he's a leader. Magnusson was fit enough to be on the bench, therefore fit enough to start IMO. So Wright should have played on the right, his actual position and mags should have been chucked back in so Hegeler could play midfield. O'Dowda is a winger, and a raw one at this level. To play him in such an important position as CAM in a crucial game was ridiculous. We have Tomlin for that, we paid 3 million pounds for him to play there. We had enough defensive players on the pitch yesterday to afford Tomlin that bit of space. Djuric and Tammy are an excellent partnership, compliment each other well. Could very well be Djuric and Engvall next season. Frank Fielding is ****. Sooner we sign this German lad the better.

Not sure why it happens but when ever a manager is under pressure they make stupid and confusing decisions, every single time. Then when we're looking for a new manager, Pembo or whoever takes charge, goes back to basics, put players in proper positions and just like magic results start picking up. This is what LJ needs to do.

Having said all that, I think if he was going to be sacked it would have happened yesterday. So go on Lee, you have a chance to save your job. Do it.

7. Red Robin

Shiny a great post,
    Apart from the very last sentence,he has lost the plot.
    I hope SL is talking too managers as we speak,he cannot let us keep free falling before it is to late.
    If not he has to accept the inevitable of a return too league one is very much on the cards.
    And that is crazy with the quality players at his disposal.

8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I don't entirely agree with this, as progress is usually made by people "having a go" and it either works or doesn't, the clever thing is admitting it doesn't ... I have made and done over a hundred things in the past 70 years never failed to admit the dozen or so that didn't were worth the effort though .. 1 item the mk 7 version did!
    often it was third party comments that became the success pointer...

9. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Who's to say who approached who?? Maybe SL wanted him and made him an offer he couldn't refuse!!

10. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yesterday I would have said sack.

Today, I say stay. But the only reason, literally the only reason, is because I can't think of who else we'd get instead.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.

11. Red Robin

That is not going to fix the mess we are in Rob :emoticon-0148-yes:

12. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Well nor is sacking going by that logic RR

13. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Mr O'driscoll won two, drew two, and lost one of his last five. Part of his role was also to reduce the wage bill by 60% and adhere to the five pillars.

Mr Mcinnes also had to make significant savings.

Steve Cotterill was allowed increased spending (no pillars) but not the largesse afforded to Mr Johnson. I fail to see how Mr Cotterill did a terrible job - his cv also indicates never relegated in twenty years.

The spending Mr Johnson has been allowed in comparison looks, lavish, extravagant and reckless.

How can ten defeats out of eleven allied to a record spending spree be anything but terrible?

Redprintt and Red Robin like this.
  14. Red Robin

The word is shocking

15. Shinycitylad7

Because unlike the other managers final days, weeks, months, we have still been in most, if not every game. McInnes we were getting thrashed nearly every week, the same with cotterill, what was it 4 or 5 4-0 defeats in half a season and under SOD we weren't even competing against the likes of Leyton Orient, MK Dons, Walsall etc. It's alright saying his final 5 games weren't all that bad but the whole of his reign before was terrible results wise, what was it, 26 games without a win in the league? I'm not defending Lee Johnson, this run were on is ****ing awful but it won't take much to turn it around, whether LJ is the man to do it or not is up to the board.

16. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Mr O'driscoll last five were games were two wins, two draws and a defeat.

Saturday's bench cost more than the aboves incumbent squad!

None of previous names you mentioned were allowed fifteen to ? Million to strengthen squads, none of the previous men in the role had the luxury of a striker who must be valued in excess of twenty million pounds.

What you are attempting to communicate is that despite having riches no other Manager has been allowed in the history of BCFC losing every week is not doing a horrible job.

Yes that sounds odd with respect.

I believe that the likes of Cotterill etc, none of them.would do a worse job. Yes a hypothetical, but no a manager in BCFC' s history has had a run of results like this with so many advantages ... Can't even buy a draw!!

Redprintt likes this.
  17. Red Robin

No manager in the history of BCFC has had the backing LJ has had,as Clifton has said the bench was worth more than SoDS entire squad.
    We have to be realistic,what LJ is doing with the quality of players available too him is unforgivable.
    He has a striker worth 20 million up front and we sit three points of the bottom three.
    Absolute crazy.

Redprintt likes this.
  18. Shinycitylad7

I've explained myself well enough. Can't be bothered to repeat myself again.

19. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'He has a striker worth 20 million up front and we sit three points of the bottom three'

And let's not forget the £2.5million striker who can't even get a start.
    Unbelievable.

20. Red Robin

Yep that is complete bonkers.

All the crap about not being ready or unfit,it is a bloody smoke screen.