1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour Mill

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by CitySlicker2010, Nov 21, 2016.

1. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Hearing plenty of chatter this morning from Forest fans this morning that someone in the know says the American takeover is a done deal and that Rowett and a few players are already lined up. I've asked them to wave on their way past on the way up the table!

Bah!

2. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Am worried that Maddison will not be given a chance with us. One goal and an assist last night, What more does he have to do. Get rid of Wes, make way for the youngsters. I will get slaughtered for this heresy, but I believe that I am correct.

3. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

You don't have to get rid of Wes though?

He plays best when rested for a few games. Have them train together and play Wes or Maddison. Alternate, if one has a few bad games, play the other.

4. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So where do Naismith and Pritchard fit into this equation, given that all four of them would probably suggest that no 10 was their best / preferred position? Square pegs again? :(

5. K E M P

That's poor recruitment for ya.

I've seen Pritchard twice or 3 times, can't remember and I'm not that impressed so far.

6. K E M P

Naismith was very good versus Southampton though.

He is a leader. He was organising midfield and acting like a captain.

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  7. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

The problem is, we can not afford players to have " a few bad games ". Wes has been a great servant to our club for several years, but we have ti look at the present.

carrowcanario likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

He ran the show when we beat Brentford 5 - 0, but has had minimal impact in the few games he's had apart from that. If we did shift him (cost £8m) or Naismith (cost £8.5m) it's very unlikely to help our cause, as I doubt given chances and performances since they joined, they're worth anything like those prices now :(
    We don't / never did need both, with more pressing, glaring deficiencies in the squad <grr>

9. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Apart from his superb very first game, v Liverpoo, he's taken almost a calendar year to achieve that level - he joined us on 19/1/2016 <yikes>
    With well over 300 appearances for Kilmarnock, Rangers and Everton under his belt, I find that worrying in the extreme - for the money we laid out.
    Agreed he has been greatly improved in his most recent outings <ok>

10. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

As I said in an earlier post, we should keep Wes to use as an impact sub and act as mentor for Maddison, Middleton etc ( who both had an excellent game last night!!). Not sure where Naismith/Pritchard will fit in though.
    To get the best out of Wes, he needs to be rested in between games and not playing 3 games in 8 days as happened early in the season.

11. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

There is a lot of contradiction here. Where did the PL money go is asked but then others mention RVW, Hooper, Pritchard and other high price failed purchases by AN and earlier managers. We are also now free of external debt as of the end of last season. Surely that is the question and answer. The parachute payments are made to cover relegated Clubs faced with high wage contracts. We are faced with that yet the question is asked as to where the parachute money is going. Why don't we get rid of deadwood is asked and then others point out that Clubs who are likely to be get interested in them couldn't afford their wages. Why do we have to sell before we buy then others have mentioned on several threads that without any further extra expenditure the accounts show a forecast budget loss of £12m. I think that, whilst it is dangerous to put too much emphasis on one game, this weekend is crucial as to our mindset for the transfer window, the rest of the season and the mindset of the players. If we win and the rest of the games go to form then we could - I repeat could - find ourselves 7th only 2 points outside the playoffs. If we lose then I suspect the mindset of the Club and several players could become very negative. Whatever happens I am sure that the Board will resist any urge to increase the budgeted loss.

DHCanary likes this.
  12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Keeps the show on the road, 1950 <ok> <laugh>
    Hope your Riviera's weather is being a bit kinder than a fierce north sea today.
    Flood warnings all down the east coast due to high winds and surge tides at circa 7 p.m.!

13. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

14. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

Hate to tell you this then mate. About to be picked up from Bar Magnan where it is still warm enough to sit outside. Unbroken sunshine till it got dark with a temp high of about 15c. Seriously though I hope the forecast floods are not as serious as feared although I fear for you as the forecasts are serious enough to get extensive news coverage in France.

15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes Cromer. I hope the damage isn't as bad as the last time and I guess the authorities have to 'be prepared' and hope that the worst passes without the fears being realised.

16. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

17. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more

JM Fan likes this.
  18. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

At least 1 of the 4 needs to go this window. It doesn't make sense to have so much tied up for one position. Also Howson could play the role.

19. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Yep, been saying that for a while. He'll be loaned out until he sick of it, then we will sell him to a premiership club for about £5M. When teams live Liverpool and Spurs wanted him before we got him, so his value based on potential is probably double that. Like Redmond. He was probably double that. 8M for a prospect like Redmond was poor. His winner against Liverpool could possibly earn them more than that fee on it's own.

20. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member