1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rule Changes Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by SpursDisciple, May 18, 2017.

1. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

A place to talk about Technology and other possible rule changes.

Creating this thread to welcome this bit of news

Diving bans: Football Association expected to approve retrospective action

please log in to view this image

Middlesbrough's Gaston Ramirez was shown a yellow card for simulation at Bournemouth - before picking up a second and being sent off
    Players who dive in English football could face bans from next season.
    The Football Association will vote on retrospective action at its annual general meeting on Thursday and is expected to approve the proposal.
    The governing body would need the backing of the Premier League, the English Football League and the Professional Footballers' Association to introduce the rule change.
    But it is understood they are broadly supportive and already in agreement.
    Under the proposed new rules, a panel would review footage from the weekend each Monday looking for cases of simulation. Any player unanimously found guilty of diving would be given a suspension.
    Speaking in December, Burnley manager Sean Dyche said he thought diving would be eradicated from football "in six months" if retrospective bans were introduced.
    Such bans have been in place in Scottish football since 2011

2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Post-match citing of several offences would go some way to
    stopping the antics prior to live TMOs finally arriving in the game.

3. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Sooner the better. The review in Cricket or Rugby is one of the highlights of the games. All we need then is independent timekeeper where the ref can just say 'time-out' over the mic and the clock can be stopped. For time wasting the ref should be compelled to book the player and state how much time to add on. No more Fergie time.

Then bring in a 10 minute sin-bin for a yellow and hey ho, football has reached the 21st Century.

LockStock likes this.
  4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Does anyone actually think that this will be applied fairly? I don't.

The same standards that have been used for retroactive reds will come into play.
    Did a pundit notice and kick off about it? 3 match ban.
    Swinging elbows all day, every day, but it's not mentioned in commentary? Carry on.

The Changing Man likes this.
  5. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

Will they also review yellow cards handed out for diving when there has been contact.I can remember at least 4 occasions when Bale was booked and had actually been fouled. It seems only fair to look at both. Some players get red cards instead of yellow because an opponent has simulated serious injury only to get up and sprint around for the rest of the match. That is as much trying to deceive the referee as diving. In fact why not review all yellow and red cards as a matter of course.

The Changing Man and deedub93 like this.
  6. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

See Rojo and Huth for examples

SpursDisciple and PleaseNotPoll like this.
  7. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

BFS has called it ridiculous but then again he is the manager of Zaha who falls over more often than any footballer I can recall.

Me, I'm all for anything that sees an end to Ashley Young's career and Leroy Sane had better be a good singer or dancer, if he doesn't fancy factory work.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  8. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That was my first thought, upon seeing his interview. He looks really angry about it.

9. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

One prospective rule change that (quite conveniently...) hasn't received much coverage is the one where Premier League clubs will invest 5% of their TV revenue into grassroots football.

I can't think why such a suggestion hasn't received any real coverage, after all we hear plenty of people say there's too much money in the Premier League and barely any of it is trickling down into the grassroots of the game, and I cannot see any reason why anyone would be against Ruper Murdoch's filthy lucre being spend on something other than making Rupert Murdoch rich.

Oh wait, it's in the Labour manifesto, so it's obviously communism - even though a similar proposal was made by Ed Milliband three years ago...

10. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Vardy and Mahrez are not impressed...