1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ross McCormack

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

After reporting that Ross McCormack had told Leeds he doesn't want to stay, Sky have this morning reported that Leeds have travelled to Italy for a two week training camp but McCormack has not travelled. Fulham are favourites with pretty much every bookie to sign McCormack as low as 1/4 on with some!!!

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Just posted on this in one of the transfer threads, but didn't know about us being the bookies' favourites. Thanks, Cookie.

3. Cookie-6262

Breaking news sky sports Fulham agree £11 million fee with Leeds for McCormack
    That better have a lot of the fee in bonus's, £5 million if we get promoted etc etc

4. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

11 million.........cheers<ok>

5. calendor

calendor Member

Thanks for the £11m Fulham :D you have overpaid by 3 times easily. He isnt worth more than £4m-£5m at most. The lad is good, but he has only had one good season, the rest have been average to poor, he is 28 soon. Thanks you!!!!! :D

What a deal for us!!! I fully expected him to go to Villa, or Newcastle for a cheeky £4m and for him to have a shot at the big time!

Bargain :)

6. Cookie-6262

£11 million is to much and I would have liked to have paid less but Leeds fans seem to think they are getting £11 mill cash to re invest. It appears the deal is £8 mill plus add ons and it is not even known if the £8 is all up front plus Cardiff have a 15% sell on clause.

Plus it Shows that over the last 15 years Fulham have become a bigger club than the mighty Leeds

7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

8. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Skeptical on this and I hope he proves that worth the fuss and money. Prob the club have some money coming in from potential sales but also shows the commitment.

Come on Fulham!

9. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

what you gonna do when you realise he's an alchoholic?

10. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I think that whether this deal makes sense is somewhat dependent on being able to shift Mitroglou for at least £8m. Then, assuming Kasami goes to Olympiakos for the balance of the Mitroglou fee and that Mitro/McCormack both hit the full transfer fees, we'd be left with a situation where we are getting McCormack for about £6m + Kasami. It's still a bit much, but it's not the worst situation.

McCormack can certainly score goals in this league. I'm cautiously optimistic.

11. Cookie-6262

I'm guessing that the club must have a few exits lined up.... Kasami, Mitroglu, Stekelenburg and Ruiz should all be going bringing in about £18 mill plus Richardsons absence means he is prob off I expect to see some sales pretty soon

12. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Oh so we do have money to spend? Oh well, better late than never (ahem)...

13. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

They seem to be the real winners here.

Have to have something lined up - and I'd add Trotta to the list - or the FFP boys will be knocking on the door.

14. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

FFP is more of an issue with wages than transfers, since we have a parachute payment. Given that we have/will have released almost all our big earners, I'm not too worried. Still, selling players we have little use for is still a good idea!

15. Cookie-6262

Was just doing a bit of research on Ross McCormack and for those worrying that he might be a one season wonder I found an article stating that In every season in the championship where Ross has played 35 games or more he has scored a minimun 18 goals, he has done this on three occassions

16. The other R in Houston

The other R in Houston Well-Known Member

He pretty much kept Leeds up last season with his goals, so if he can power you back to the Premiership, he'll be, if not a bargin, then value for money.

If his absence sends Leeds through the trap door, then so much the better!

17. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

With McCormack & Mitroglou (who sound like the title of a bad '70's detective show) we could field a £22 million pound front line. Can't be many other teams in the Championship who could do that.

Like most others I expect the Greek to leave, but if he doesn't, and those two click, we could have a phenomenal strike force.

18. Willa Pond

Willa Pond Active Member

What did your club do? Made him captain.

19. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

I'm happy we got the player. I'm not happy with the fee or the contract length considering he turns 28 next month. I'm sure the 11 million is not up front and the figure was definitely released by Leeds to try make it sound like they got an offer they couldn't refuse.

20. calendor

calendor Member

We bought his a few years ago for £300k, even if it is 8m + addons to take it to 11m we got a good deal. I don't see any striker in our league being worth more than 4-5m max unless they have previously done the business in the premier league also. He had only just signed a new £20k a week deal with us, so God knows what your paying him?